It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Change One Thing in Your Past?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
This is mainly for the older members..or those who time travel

If you could change one thing in your past no matter what it is, whether it be your career path or not losing contact with school friends.

What one thing would you change and why?

[edit on 27-2-2005 by UK Wizard]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Not getting drunk that one night.

Sheesh...

Shattered OUT...

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I know I'm only 18.. and your target audience is of an older age group.. but I'd like to say not one, but TWO things if that's ok.

1) When I was at the end of my sophomore year in high school, I decided to be a total idiot and prank call 911 saying there was a fire. There was NO FIRE, I was caught and was suspended for the remainder of that year and the first quarter of the following year.

I wish I could go back and I would have been smarter and not do it.

2) I missed my chance with a girl. Sure, people would say "Oh, you're young" and "Oh, there are many more fish in the sea." and all of that. But I felt something for this one girl. A STRONG SOMETHING. Even her friends made it known to me that she really liked me. Well, I never made a move.. and she moved away beginning of senior year. I have not seen her since. We both liked each other a lot, and there was a clear sense of SOMETHING there. Even I knew it, but I made the stupid choice and never made a move. I still think of her to this day.

I WISH I could go back in time and made A move.

Damn regrets.. and I'm only 18.

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
You know, i dont think i would change a thing, Alot has happened in my life Good and Very bad,

But each thing that i have had to deal with has made me stronger and who i am today.

I have learned from every bad moment something about myself,
i have come to understand things that if i had not of experienced i would never know what its like to feel that way, and in turn have used this to help others,

My thing would be, Dont live in regret learn a lesson from it,

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I wish I was born without ADD, but that can't be changed even with time travel.

I have nothing else I would like to change, because if I didn't have ADD everything I did that I regret would probably have never happened.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
i dont really think i would change nothing at all... all things rae good to learn ... and what doesnt kill you makes you stronger ...

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
...there are many things you THINK I would want to change if you knew what has happened in my life...even tho I am only 13 alot of things I regret have happened.

But I wouldnt change anything, everything has happened for a reason, and if it didnt I wouldnt be who I am now.

Reik Out -phases out-

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I dont think I would change anything cos I would probably made the same mistakes again.Having made them now I know how to avoid them in the future......................................unless it has something to do with the opposite sex

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Absolutely nothing.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I would have killed a man before he could commit the cruel murder that changed my life forever and temporarly escape my wrath by commiting suicide.

:bnghd:

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I wouldnt have stumbled across that lighter that changed my pyro life forever. Since then iv been burning lotsa stuff, and once me and a friend were starting a fire, and left it, and we thought it was out, and then when we looked back the whole tree was on fire. We had to jump into the creek to get some water to put it out.

Another thing...id have made it work with this girl.

Smokey the Bear say...# You Kid!!!

Its been 4 hours since I made this post...and Im still able to edit...hmmm...something seems amiss.

[edit on 3-1-2005 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I would only change one thing. Money, lots of money, otherwise, I'm not changing a thing- I like my chaotic life- wouldnt change it for anything-

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Je Souhaite (I wish).

But that's what got me into this mess!

Luckily I've thought about this extensively though.

April 1999. I'd tell that red headed succubi to go back to hell.

You know in Confessions of a Dangerous Mind when Chuck Barris can either have a nice normal life with Drew Barrymore or follow Julia Roberts down the rabbit hole?

That's what I'd change. I'd never have opened the door for the lying Jinniyah.

Beware the hot stranger bearing Glenlivet, telling wonderful tales and making improbable promises. Unless it's me. You can trust me.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   
hmmm

There are a few things I regret doing... or not doing.
But I wouldn't change anything. I don't know where this path will lead me in the end, it might be something really good.

Ask me the same question in a few decades when I am old and grey

top topics

join