It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opening Coyote season - Mexico needs to make human trafficking a capital offense

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   
With all this talk of border security, we seem to fail to discuss some of the larger problems, which is those who facilitate and profit from the trafficking of people, drugs, guns, etc. The human trafficking is probably the most egregious crime and Mexico seems to be turning a blind eye to it and failing to implement proper punishment to deter people from partaking in moving people AND for people paying them. The Trump admin needs to turn the screws on the Mexican government as they are, IMO, on the edge of being an enemy of the state - certainly not an ally.

When the Mexican government catches human traffickers, they should go to trial which has the possible verdict of death. People paying traffickers need to have all assets stripped and deported to their country of origin.

When they implement this law, anyone caught trafficking people in the US (from Mexico) should be quickly extradited back to their country for them to handle their trial. There needs to be inter-national cooperation in apprehension of the traffickers, with US personnel working along side Mexican's within their country trying to stop this, b/c w/o US people on the ground down there, I suspect people will be paid off and not much will be done, which is exactly why that country is such a problem to share borders with.
edit on 1 9 2019 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
With all this talk of border security, we seem to fail to discuss some of the larger problems, which is those who facilitate and profit from the trafficking of people, drugs, guns, etc. The human trafficking is probably the most egregious crime and Mexico seems to be turning a blind eye to it and failing to implement proper punishment to deter people from partaking in moving people AND for people paying them. The Trump admin needs to turn the screws on the Mexican government as they are, IMO, on the edge of being an enemy of the state - certainly not an ally.

When the Mexican government catches human traffickers, they should go to trial which has the possible verdict of death. People paying traffickers need to have all assets stripped and deported to their country of origin.

When they implement this law, anyone caught trafficking people in the US (from Mexico) should be quickly extradited back to their country for them to handle their trial. There needs to be inter-national cooperation in apprehension of the traffickers, with US personnel working along side Mexican's within their country trying to stop this, b/c w/o US people on the ground down there, I suspect people will be paid off and not much will be done, which is exactly why that country is such a problem to share borders with.

Coyotes make 5-7k a person to get them to a place where they can walk north and maybe make it.

90% of heroin in the USA comes directly across our southern border.

Human trafficking makes millions of dollars alone to Mexican citizens, and by extension the Mexican government.

Putting a wall up so they can't do that will make Mexico pay for the wall.

But the left pretends to not understand that... they act like "Mexico will pay for the wall" means that the current leader of Mexico is just going to hand over a check.

Intellectual dishonesty, again...

Seems to be a trademark of the left.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I agree with you, but I think there needs to be a much harsher punishment for those trafficking humans than what there currently is - I'm not even starting on the other issues - those may fit in the same category, I haven't given it the same thought.

One thing that I feel strongly about is that the smugglers SHOULD NOT be held in US jails and we shouldn't spend a dime on them, unless it is for the bullets to shoot at them to chase them back across the border. There also needs to be some kind of reciprocal record and over-sight of the people who have been caught trafficking people in Mexico so they can be permanently banned from the US and we also need to know if they are ever let out of prison.

This shouldn't be difficult to do. I would think 50-300 CBP personell working with Mexican border agents (or "federalis") doing investigations of human trafficking would make a huge dent into the problem. They could build a list /profile of people who are in the trade, identify the traffickers (by having the trafficked people ID them from photos/video), and put out warrants with a reward - then they keep track of the trafficker while in prison and if they get out, so CBP can be updated with current lists of photos, etc.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
they act like "Mexico will pay for the wall" means that the current leader of Mexico is just going to hand over a check.

In all fairness, we're talking about people who think the answer to everything is government-written checks..

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   
If Congress would simply declare that the 14th amendment does not apply to children whose parents enter the country illegally, then illegal immigration would see a large decline. As far as coyotes go, I won't give a rat's arse what law Mexico has until those in our Government start enforcing our own IE: sanctuary cities.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros
If Congress would simply declare that the 14th amendment does not apply to children whose parents enter the country illegally, then illegal immigration would see a large decline. As far as coyotes go, I won't give a rat's arse what law Mexico has until those in our Government start enforcing our own IE: sanctuary cities.

That is a good point, but I'm working with what we have ATM and while we have to deal with the people who are here (until we get clearance to handle them properly), I'd like to stem the flow of those flowing into the country.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

originally posted by: Anathros

That is a good point, but I'm working with what we have ATM and while we have to deal with the people who are here (until we get clearance to handle them properly), I'd like to stem the flow of those flowing into the country.

Then you have to start at our first line of defense which is the border itself which is why I support the idea of a wall. Will it stop illegal immigration? Of course not but any step we take now is at least a step in the right direction. That said, I'm still a firm believer that as long as we offer benefits to those that enter the country illegally that the problem will continue. The simple truth is that the rewards outweigh the risks when it comes to crossing into our country illegally and that is the true issue.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Some of the worst human traffickers in the United States pose as churches.

If we are securing the front door we sure in the heck need to make sure the back door is locked too.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

Our first line of defense in terms of sheer numbers is at our airports for people, then next in line is at our shipping ports for contraband, and finally at of ports of call along our northern and southern borders for both smuggled people and contraband.

The unfenced sections of our southern borders do not represent a majority of people or contraband.

The maximum weight for a U.S. semi truck and full trailer is 80,000 pounds spread over 18 conventional wheels. it would take 800 people carrying 100 pounds each in open desert to match the contraband carrying capacity of a single semi truck going through a port of entry on the southern border.

If you were a criminal trying to move contraband product, which makes more sense?

Thanks.

edit on 10-1-2019 by FilthyUSMonkey because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join