It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Caught�and Let Go�in Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I dont know how accurate this is, but if this does make the main media, it will likely prove to be just the ticket we need to invade Iran... after all, they are the next on our list...

Italian intelligence says Osama bin-Laden and his son Saad have been traveling to Iran from Afghanistan regularly for meetings with al-Qaeda members there. They use Iranian passports and identify themselves as businessmen. When they were recently spotted in Tehran a few days before the May 12 suicide strikes in Saudi Arabia, they were detained by government officials, who allowed Osama to leave. However, his son and his aide Ayman Zawahiri were arrested. It's not clear if they're still being held. Iran admits to capturing al-Qaeda operatives but denies ever arresting Osama.
After terrorist strikes hit their own country, Saudi leaders realized they need to revise the fundamentalist, anti-Western ideology that's being taught in their mosques and schools, which was the inspiration for al-Qaeda.

Interior Minister Prince Nayef Bin Abdul Aziz says these teachings deviate from mainstream Islam and led to the recent attacks in Saudi Arabia. "Why are these things happening?" he asks. "What are the motives behind them? We need to ask: Did the source of this ideology come from this land or was it imported from outside? Was it the result of fanatical ideas from people who have been brainwashed? Or is it a combination of factors, inside and out? But above all, how powerful is this ideology and how widespread is it?

www.unknowncountry.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 07:53 PM
link   
July 2003

Saddam making mujahadeen-inspiring audiotapes for the 'faithful', whereabouts unkown?

Osama taking working holiday breaks with family in Iran?

Nasty WMDs still unaccounted for - they must have been shipped out of Iraq under our noses?

Nah, no invasion, no Pearl Harbour III in evidence.

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 11:19 PM
link   
DR, if true, this would rachet things up a notch I'm sure. I doubt though that we get enough co-operation from Iran to make enough of the matter.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 06:53 AM
link   
So now, the Whaabite Sectary movement, who have the power in Arabia, want to go back and don't " understand " what happened ?

They really fear for their @$$ and their power. Too late guys.You had a brain, you didn't want to use it, now deal with it.

The Official Saoudians are maintaining their peoples in poverty and ignorance, they teached them how to be hatefull, and now, they don't " understand " what going on ?

Payback time.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 08:49 AM
link   
This wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened. There are 2 possible reasons for the release:

1) Iran is a country which has always prided itself on doing things it's own way. Releasing Bin Laden would just be another notch on the belt for this despotic country, sort of a throw it in the face kind of thing.

2) The US secret service TOLD them to let him go, now hear me out before you flame:

1) They could be tracking him to see whom is aiding him in his evil ways, makes sense, let him roam around and unknowingly implicate all of his followers

2) They want to capture him on their terms, probably right before elections, to make Bush look like an effective leader , see Reagan in the Iran Contra affair.

3) We just go there too late, he bought his freedom, not that hard to believe in such a poor country as Iran.

Now there could be 100 other reasons but I am going to stick with these two. Any thougts?

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Interesting theory. If I were Bush and taking the beating in the media about geting this creep, I would jump on him. I also would not think the Iranians would take any insistence from us anyways...

top topics

join