It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tax the rich? Statistics show Alexandria Cortez May be right

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: pexx421

Vulture Capitalism should be made a crime.
It is theft from workers to give to the wealthy.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue
a reply to: pexx421

Don't care what anyone says; the rich will always work for money because they crave it.

The rich are addicted to money and power - How many times does it have to be said before it sinks in.

They cannot just throw their hands up in the air and say just because I now pay 80% tax; I no longer want to get wealthier than I am and I no longer want any more power. Do you REALLY think they think like that.

Anyone who thinks like that has a lot to learn in life. Of course they want more money and more power no matter how much money they have, - They are ADDICTED to it, christ sake, surely common sense prevails.

This is an excellent point.
I present to you Trump.
A billionaire.
He is not sitting in Mar Lago watching TV.
Once you have enough money, then power comes next, like being President.

He made president and is now watching tv all the time in the whitehouse.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: tabularosa
Of course Ocasio-Cortez is right. After WWII and before Reagan, America used a high tax rate to distribute wealth in America. It was not perfect, of course, but the middle class grew substantially and prospered. Once Reagan took office and reduced the tax to fund his percolate up tax policy, average family earnings have stayed about the same now (for over 40 years) while the price for many if not most goods and services have risen over 5 times. Prior to Reagan, one household member could earn enough to fund the family and still save money for retirement, today both spouses work and live paycheck to paycheck. Progress? I think not. But at least the wealthy have more money to own the government and control our lives. Excellent tradeoff for reducing taxes on the wealthy, don't you think?

Raygun handed the government over to the criminals on wall street.
The head of Merril Lynch dragged Raygun around on a leash telling him what do.
Remember Raygun saying we are going to release the bulls, it was flr his criminal buddies.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: tabularosa
Of course Ocasio-Cortez is right. After WWII and before Reagan, America used a high tax rate to distribute wealth in America. It was not perfect, of course, but the middle class grew substantially and prospered. Once Reagan took office and reduced the tax to fund his percolate up tax policy, average family earnings have stayed about the same now (for over 40 years) while the price for many if not most goods and services have risen over 5 times. Prior to Reagan, one household member could earn enough to fund the family and still save money for retirement, today both spouses work and live paycheck to paycheck. Progress? I think not. But at least the wealthy have more money to own the government and control our lives. Excellent tradeoff for reducing taxes on the wealthy, don't you think?

The US economy boomed after WWII because we were the only industrialized nation on the planet. Europe and Japan was destroyed. It had nothing to do with tax rates. It had to do with the US being the only consumer / manufacturer around.

This is a tired old talking point repeated to often.
Yes, What made us prosperous after WW2 was selling the world our goods, but what changed from the 70s to today, is those same corporations relocated to slave labor countries to sell back to us and everyone else, thus no longer employing Americans.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join