It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump calls meeting with Schumer and Pelosi a total waste of time after he storms out

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Isn't she already regarded as a national embarrassment?

Well since her “dancing queen” episode yeah pretty much....

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Annee
Bully Trump doesn't get his way.

Throws tantrum.

Pretty simple

Trump asks for funding for what he was elected for.

:

Trump was elected for making Mexico pay for the wall.

Good one.

And you are correct.

He sure as hell wasn't elected to hold the working public hostage -- at their expense.

And NO -- the Dems did not do that.

Trump did.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4
a reply to: MisterSpock

I thought Mexico was going to pay for the wall ?
What happened to that promise ?

Cool talking point.........its been addressed ad nauseum.........

Basically, not even the people who were for the Border Wall believed he could get mexico to pay for it, we knew it was rhetoric.......

That being said it changes nothing.......it should be our responsibility to take the measures necessary to protect our country.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   
*shrugs* he made his pitch she apparently said no... not here is my counter proposal just no way will the wall be funded.

Why should he stay when he has made it clear this part was non-negotiable with him, Heck if Obama had walked out cause all the republicans said was no, not here is my counter offer I would have said good on him.

Judging by how Nancy and chucky have looked after these meetings, and their rebuttal after his speech I would say they have no idea on how to deal with him.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Good one. And you are correct.

No.........no he wasnt.........

He sure as hell wasn't elected to hold the working public hostage -- at their expense.

Feigned outrage by the left who conveniently forget all the shut downs before Trump and most definitely didnt throw a fit.....

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4
a reply to: MisterSpock

I thought Mexico was going to pay for the wall ?
What happened to that promise ?

Copied from Facebook

In 1986, Ronald Reagan signed a sweeping immigration reform bill into law. It was sold as a crackdown: There would be tighter security at the Mexican border, and employers would face strict penalties for hiring undocumented workers. We were generally told that the illegal immigration problem would be fixed in return for making any immigrants who had entered the country before 1982 eligible for amnesty.

In 2006 the Secure Fence Act was passed (283-136 in the house and 80-19 in the senate) This was supposed to secure our southern border.

Every president since Reagan has, in part, campaigned on the need for border security. Yet here we are 30+ years later with the exact same border problems. With new technologies available (like drones) a wall may not be the most cost effective solution but it is about time that the people that we have elected to address this problem step up and take some action.

Since you liberals seem to be concerned about kept promises
what happened to the promise of a secured border for 30+ years?
edit on 9-1-2019 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Mexico said "no habla pay".

They get 100s of millions in US aid. Make that "used to".

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: CynConcepts

January 24, 2018
Top Senate Democrat Chuck Schumer on Tuesday pulled back an offer of $25 billion for President Donald Trump's long-promised southern border wall, as lawmakers scrambled to figure out how to push a deal to protect 700,000 or more so-called Dreamer immigrants from deportation.

Schumer had made the offer last Friday in a last-ditch effort to head off a government shutdown,then came scalding criticism from his party's liberal activist base that Democrats had given up too easily in reopening the government without more concrete promises on immigration.
www.cbsnews.com...

then came scalding criticism from his party's liberal activist base that Democrats had given up too easily in reopening the government

Added emphasis, after retreading your quote. Does not seem like Trump refused this offer...it seems like Schumer was forced to retract. I do not see anything that says Trump refused the offer...only refused to acknowledge the offer.

Definitely a difference. To me...it seems like he believes a wall will be a good thing but his democrat base and elected reps don't.
edit on 1 9 2019 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

edit on 1 9 2019 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Throws tantrum.

Pretty simple

Democrats, who have voted for a larger amount of money for exactly the same thing, say no because orange man bad.

Trump decides it is a waste of time and leaves.

It is pretty simple!

I would have done the same, simply because a negotiation means you meet in the middle... not just say no to everything because you don't like the other person.

Trump campaigned on Mexico paying for a border wall. He most definitely did not say “I’m going to build a wall paid for by the American people, and just trust me that a trade deal that hasn’t passed Congress will somehow bring in enough taxes to pay for a wall”. Plus just because he campaigned on it is no reason for the democrats to give it to him especially since he is lying through his teeth for why he wants the wall in the first place.

The man is a failed businessman and only has ever succeeded as a con man. The only people who support him now are those of feeble minds or those that don’t know they are being conned.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

originally posted by: headorheart
Our government is embarrassing.

I very much agree- but as stated they're arguing over a tenth of a percent of the budget.

If these people worked 365 days a year, 1% of their time would be 36.5 days. Not sure how long this "shutdown" has been going because it doesn't really break my day at all- but a tenth of a percent of their time actually spent working would be probably less than one day out of the year.

What's the holdup? Jackwagons arguing over petty nonsense.

Do we need a wall? I don't know.
Would it be a huge undertaking to build? nope.
Would it make a big difference in national security? maybe.

What's the problem, again?

Oh yeah. Orange man bad, execute tantrum.exe

If we could extend the shutdown for 365 days and refund me 100% of my federal taxes for a year, I'd say let's skip the wall for another year... but honestly, that will never happen- and this wall is three decades overdue.

This is like arguing with the wife over buying new tires for the tractor. She might not see the need since she doesn't use the tractor Sure, they cost more than nothing- but you're just spinning your wheels without them.

"MEXICO WILL PAY FOR THE WALL" . Why aren't you screaming repugs holding him to this promise ?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
As the so called leader of the Free World... A steel wall
seems a bit "Iron Curtainy"... more akin to Soviet Russia
than The United States of America... land of the free.

trumptown style

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal
he is lying through his teeth for why he wants the wall in the first place.

really?

Trump says he wants the wall for security, to stop illegal immigration and to make it difficult to bring drugs across the border.

Do tell, why exactly is he ''lying through his teeth'' for his reason on wanting a wall ?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   
VP Pence said that the President walked into the room and passed out candy.

Yep...that really happened. He gave candy to the babies.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Throws tantrum.

Pretty simple

:

Well a wall keeping Mexicans out would greatly reduce the cost of healthcare and schooling and food stamps etc. that is placed on the system so in essence that would pay for the wall in just a few years.

60% of the people on food stamps work for multi billion dollar corporations,i.e. Walmart, McDonalds, Target, Lowes, Home depot, Pilot, Circle K, I could go on but my point is, a lot of these people have families they can't feed on minimum wage. They must use good stamps to supplement their food budget. Remember the huge tax break that tRump and the repugs have these corporations? You would think they could pay a living wage.

link   

Throws tantrum.

Pretty simple

:

Well a wall keeping Mexicans out would greatly reduce the cost of healthcare and schooling and food stamps etc. that is placed on the system so in essence that would pay for the wall in just a few years.

60% of the people on food stamps work for multi billion dollar corporations,i.e. Walmart, McDonalds, Target, Lowes, Home depot, Pilot, Circle K, I could go on but my point is, a lot of these people have families they can't feed on minimum wage. They must use good stamps to supplement their food budget. Remember the huge tax break that tRump and the repugs have these corporations? You would think they could pay a living wage.

link   

Throws tantrum.

Pretty simple

:

link   

Throws tantrum.

Pretty simple

:

link   

Throws tantrum.

Pretty simple

:

link   
Funny, "stormed out" a spoilt child not getting his way, don't let the door hit ya, where the good lord split ya.
What a master negotiator

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: xuenchen

Nancy and Chuck need to work on pretending to act concerned. They bombed at it. Now there are tons of memes floating around.

Oh, and trump saying he can identify with those not getting paychecks, was sincere? Please, whenever trump needed a hand out he went to his daddy.

Well Mr. Trump isn't getting a government pay check either.

Maybe if he offered his Presidential pay check to Pelosi, she would be on board with the wall. Although she is filthy rich. How did she get all that money? Shouldn't she share it with the less fortunate?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join