It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump calls meeting with Schumer and Pelosi a total waste of time after he storms out

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar

originally posted by: MisterSpock
The man only wants what amounts to .1% of the federal budget to goto his barrier.

Cost is obviously not an issue, why don't the dems just let it go?

If I made 800 dollars a week, I certainly wouldn't care about spending 80 cents on a candybar.

Maybe it’s because the Democrats recognize this so-called “barrier” for what it really is; a virtually useless vanity project for whose major purpose is to stoke the ego of an incompetent, petty man-child who blustered his way into an office he’s shown himself to be wholly unqualified to hold?

Maybe it’s because those funds could be put to use on security measures that would (and have proven to) be more effective, against a wider array of threats, than a mere wall.

The Democrats have offered to discuss ways to improve border, and national security, but 45 won’t consider anything but his dumb barrier.

They offer a healthier apple for less money, but manchild won’t take anything but his junk-food candy bar.

5 billion is nothing for the Democrats. Absolutely nothing. If they were confident that the wall wouldnt work the would authorize it immediately and let Trump hang himself with it and then hammer that point home leading up to 2020.

You think the Democrats care about 5 billion? That they are opposing the 5 billion out of some fiscal restraint because the money could be spent better? Really?

Like Isaid ifthey thought the wall would be a failure they would authorize the money immediately.

Think about it.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon

Are you serious with this crap? Explain the logic behind that for me please.

You expect a liberal to explain the logic behind something?

I think we have a better chance of getting full disclosure on the whole UFO subject before that happens buddy.

edit on 9-1-2019 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: CynConcepts

January 24, 2018
Top Senate Democrat Chuck Schumer on Tuesday pulled back an offer of $25 billion for President Donald Trump's long-promised southern border wall, as lawmakers scrambled to figure out how to push a deal to protect 700,000 or more so-called Dreamer immigrants from deportation.

Schumer had made the offer last Friday in a last-ditch effort to head off a government shutdown, then came scalding criticism from his party's liberal activist base that Democrats had given up too easily in reopening the government without more concrete promises on immigration.
www.cbsnews.com...

Yeah we remember that. The Dems could have had all the Dreamers given citizenship but then betrayed them in the name of politics.

Caring bunch.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   
You know in the UK right now we are going through a much bigger political debate regarding brexit.

If May stormed out like that she would be regarded as a national embarrassment.

Sometimes it’s really quite a striking contrast between American and British politics.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

The man only wants what amounts to .1% of the federal budget to goto his barrier.

If I made 800 dollars a week, I certainly wouldn't care about spending 80 cents on a candybar.

Maybe it’s because the Democrats recognize this so-called “barrier” for what it really is; a virtually useless vanity project for whose major purpose is to stoke the ego of an incompetent, petty man-child who blustered his way into an office he’s shown himself to be wholly unqualified to hold?

Maybe it’s because those funds could be put to use on security measures that would (and have proven to) be more effective, against a wider array of threats, than a mere wall.

The Democrats have offered to discuss ways to improve border, and national security, but 45 won’t consider anything but his dumb barrier.

They offer a healthier apple for less money, but manchild won’t take anything but his junk-food candy bar.

5 billion is nothing for the Democrats. Absolutely nothing. If they were confident that the wall wouldnt work the would authorize it immediately and let Trump hang himself with it and then hammer that point home leading up to 2020.

You think the Democrats care about 5 billion? That they are opposing the 5 billion out of some fiscal restraint because the money could be spent better? Really?

Like Isaid ifthey thought the wall would be a failure they would authorize the money immediately.

Think about it.

A year ago (i dont recall the exact time) they sat with the president and pledged 25 billion if he would do the DACA deal.......and Trump declined.......

So you cant tell me that ANY of their podium pounding and rhetoric is sincere in any shape or form, when they are declining 5 times less than that.....

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Trumps problem is he is not a dictator wannabee POS like Obama.

Obama would have declared the emergency and never even talked to congress.

It's absolutely ridiculous trying to be reasonable and compromise and do the job correctly gets you nowhere in our current version of Washington, the Democrats are only interested in looking good to the radical left wing press.

Trump's address last night was pitiful. If it had been handled correctly he could have embarrassed Chuck and Pelosie enough they would be more than willing to negotiate.
edit on 9-1-2019 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Isn't she already regarded as a national embarrassment?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
You know in the UK right now we are going through a much bigger political debate regarding brexit.

If May stormed out like that she would be regarded as a national embarrassment.

Sometimes it’s really quite a striking contrast between American and British politics.

You know what's striking? How pedophiles have infested every level of your government. How many Savilles you got kicking around over there?

You should worry about that instead of the latest Trump story.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Bully Trump doesn't get his way.

Throws tantrum.

Pretty simple

What new proposal did the Dems offer in that meeting? I think these negotiations need to happen in front of the cameras. That way we can see it all.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Think about it.

A year ago (i dont recall the exact time) they sat with the president and pledged 25 billion if he would do the DACA deal.......and Trump declined.......

So you cant tell me that ANY of their podium pounding and rhetoric is sincere in any shape or form, when they are declining 5 times less than that.....

Lol. Well that's certainly one way to interpret those events.

Another way would be that Schumer offered money, Trump went above and beyond with the DACA crowd by offering to legalize I think almost 2 million of them. The Dems then included chain migration as a part of the deal knowing full well that Trump wouldn't accept that condition.

So instead of working to the benefit of 2 million DACA/Dreamers who the Dems said were the most important people in the world at the time they decided to torpedo the deal with the chain migration caveat.

Thanks for playing champ.
edit on 9-1-2019 by Carcharadon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Bully Trump doesn't get his way.

Throws tantrum.

Pretty simple

Getting up and leaving a meeting where the people you are negotiating with basically tell you they are not gonna budge or compromise in the slightest isn't called a tantrum its called not wasting your time.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Think about it.

Another way would be that Schumer offered money, Trump went above and beyond with the DACA crowd by offering to legalize I think almost 2 million of them. The Dems then included chain migration as a part of the deal knowing full well that Trump wouldn't accept that condition.

So instead of working to the benefit of 2 million DACA/Dreamers who the Dems said were the most important people in the world at the time they decided to torpedo the deal with the chain migration caveat.

It was the short hand version, and you apparently completely missed the point........

They pledged 25 billion, if they were sincere at all about the wall being immoral they wouldnt have offered 25 billion in the first place..........

a bit of advice, its bad practice to be so defensive that you get snarky with people that agree with your stand point........try to keep yourself centered............Champ......

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Schumer - "Mr. President: reopen the government and we can work to resolve our differences over border security. But end this shutdown now."

Trump - "what is going to happen in 30 days if I quickly open things up, are you going to approve Border Security which includes a Wall or Steel Barrier?"

Pelosi - "No"

Great job demonstrating how you plan to resolve our differences over border security guys. Real inspiring.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Think about it.

It was the short hand version, and you apparently completely missed the point........

They pledged 25 billion, if they were sincere at all about the wall being immoral they wouldnt have offered 25 billion in the first place..........

a bit of advice, its bad practice to be so defensive that you get snarky with people that agree with your stand point........try to keep yourself centered............Champ......

Yep that's on me. I'm man enough to take my lumps and own it when I screw up. I wouldn't say that I'm an expert but I'm pretty good at it lol.

That's my bad and I apologize for my overreaction there. It happens.

Have a cold on me!

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Why does the house majority not share in your blame?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   
So the Democrats have come to an impasse on using a wall as a deterrent to illegal immigration. Okay. Time to eliminate other encouraging factors...sanctuary cities. Trump needs to send in groups to take over those cities and place them under federal control as US Territories, which means a possible loss of their representatives in the House.

See if that sinks in to individuals that represent an overwhelming number of fish in their home districts.

link   

Think about it.

Yep that's on me. I'm man enough to take my lumps and own it when I screw up. I wouldn't say that I'm an expert but I'm pretty good at it lol.

That's my bad and I apologize for my overreaction there. It happens.

Have a cold on me!

Its all good man, we all get deep into our debates, Im not offended
Its hard not to sometimes with all that goes on , even just on ATS lol

link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2

originally posted by: notsure1
I wanna know why the hell pelosi is worth 120 million $.

She only makes 200k a year . if she never spent a dime it would take her 60 years to get 120 million.
Something is not right at all bout that.

I heard she was good at "investing".

Either that or she got rich because unlike my opinion above, she actually sweats every cent.

Yeah, and trump was good at taking handouts from his daddy.

Well....daddy and Russian mobsters.

foreignpolicy.com...
edit on 9/1/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   
@ManBehindTheMask

Isn't that the truth lol.

Take care

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I thought Mexico was going to pay for the wall ?
What happened to that promise ?

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join