It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump calls meeting with Schumer and Pelosi a total waste of time after he storms out

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Lumenari

Bully Trump doesn't get his way.

Throws tantrum.

Pretty simple

Trump asks for funding for what he was elected for.

Majority did not vote for Trump.

Majority does not want an archaic wall.

But, Yes! Trump is self serving.
You speak for the majority?

typical leftist BS

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: iplay1up2
a reply to: xuenchen

Yes, and Fox tried to spin it, that she did not support border security. That is a lie. They offered, I think it was 2.4 billion, in border security funding!

A wall is security. She doesn't support the wall. That means she doesn't support border security.

a wall is not the only security
you can be for border security and be against the wall

In the same sense you can secure your home with no door....can you do it yes, is it harder than with a door yes. Wall + patrols is better than patrols only. With a wall you do not need to spend nearly as much on patrols, so are you saying we should just spend more money than we need to secure the border? Also who cares what Trump, or any politician says about needing a wall or not, do the people tasked with securing the border want a wall?

Seems like maybe they do? WaPo Link

So I don't know...listen to people who know nothing or those that do.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Yes, and Fox tried to spin it, that she did not support border security. That is a lie. They offered, I think it was 2.4 billion, in border security funding!

A wall is security. She doesn't support the wall. That means she doesn't support border security.

a wall is not the only security
you can be for border security and be against the wall

Right, but these same people weren't against a wall until it was proposed by Trump. Everyone knows it, it's been all over the place when obama said the border needed a wall and they licked his loins as they agreed. Now it's suddenly immoral. I honestly don't understand how you could support such people.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The president is going to visit the border Thursday so there is no question the Democrats had time to ask the questions they needed to ask before making their final decision, thats only fair. Soon *if* TPTB are convinced there is need for non congregational approved funding for the wall, there will be an override, either covert funds or a declared national emergency. If its done through covert funding they will probably build something that scares the # out of everybody!

Not really any reason to wait much longer than next week before declaring an emergency *if* that is truly inevitable.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

Throws tantrum.

Pretty simple

:

Trump was elected for making Mexico pay for the wall.

Details details...

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: CynConcepts

January 24, 2018
Top Senate Democrat Chuck Schumer on Tuesday pulled back an offer of $25 billion for President Donald Trump's long-promised southern border wall, as lawmakers scrambled to figure out how to push a deal to protect 700,000 or more so-called Dreamer immigrants from deportation.

Schumer had made the offer last Friday in a last-ditch effort to head off a government shutdown, then came scalding criticism from his party's liberal activist base that Democrats had given up too easily in reopening the government without more concrete promises on immigration.
www.cbsnews.com...

Politifac t says that is not true. Hmm.

It’s possible the creator of the post was thinking of a 2013 proposal that Schumer shepherded through the Senate. But characterizing the 2013 legislation as a $25 billion deal to fund a "border wall" runs into factual hurdles. That proposal, a comprehensive immigration plan Schumer sponsored and voted for, cleared the Senate in 2013. But the Republican-controlled House did not take up that bill after that. (It’s worth noting that presidents, not lawmakers, as the meme suggests, sign bills into law.) The package included more than $46 billion for border security. The vast majority of that money ($30 billion) was for hiring more U.S. Border Patrol agents along the southern border. Around $8 billion would have gone toward building or repairing 700 miles of fencing (including some double-layer fencing) along the U.S.-Mexico border. That’s not $25 billion for a wall, as the meme claimed.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: apydomis
I would like to see a couple of those Memes.a reply to: LSU2018

Here here. I'd go through and save them all to my computer and then upload them to my ATS files and then post them on here one by one but I REALLY don't feel like doing all that right now. But I'll give you this link, it'll be easier that way.

Chuck and Nancy Memes

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Throws tantrum.

Pretty simple

:

Well a wall keeping Mexicans out would greatly reduce the cost of healthcare and schooling and food stamps etc. that is placed on the system so in essence that would pay for the wall in just a few years.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Trumps trying to keep his promises.
They bitch at him for sticking to his guns.
If he backs down they'll bitch he didn't keep his promises.

Might as well stay the course

might as well

screw all the people not getting paid

told you

black belt at the game
does not mean you do the right thing

Just goes to show you how much these democrats really care. Keeping the government shut down because they don't want extra protection for the citizens of the country they live in.

In December they had no problem putting together 10.6 billion aid package for central America and Southern Mexico Security and development...why not a measly 5bn for our own home country?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Maybe trump could compromise with nancy on this one.
Shave a couple bombers off the military budget and use the $5 billion for the wall.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Throws tantrum.

Pretty simple

Trump stands up for what a majority of Americans want and trying to follow through on his promise to his constituency........

Democrats throwing a tantrum on a wall they already said less than 10 years ago they were for...........

Its clear whose throwing the tantrum here and whose absolutely insincere..........

You know kind of like the game they played with supposed sexual assault victims this summer and then dropped them like a hot plate when it didint go their way.........

The dems dont care about jack crap but optics and Virtue signaling........and theyll burn anyone and everyone, and eat their own to maintain it........

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

The bill included $1.6 billion for some projects at the border. Here's the catch that Trump omits: None of that can be used toward the border wall promised during the presidential campaign.
………..
The spending bill said the designated funds "shall only be available for operationally effective designs deployed as of the date of the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2017" (which was May 5, 2017). The bill mentioned steel bollards as an example.

Trump shared photos back in a March tweet that touted "the start of our southern border WALL." According to Los Angeles Times reporting, the photos were for the replacement of an estimated 2.25-mile border wall in Calexico, Calif., built in the 1990s using recycled scraps of metal and old landing mat. That barrier is being replaced with a 30-foot high bollard-style wall. Plans for that replacement began in 2009, the newspaper reported.

The newspaper quoted Jonathan Pacheco, a spokesman for the Border Patrol’s El Centro Sector, as having said earlier in March: "First and foremost, this isn’t Trump’s wall. This isn’t the infrastructure that Trump is trying to bring in. … This new wall replacement has absolutely nothing to do with the prototypes that were shown over in the San Diego area."(See some of the specific uses.)
www.politifact.com...

But Democrats have rejected the Republicans offer of $5 billion over two years, stressing that the administration hasn't been able to spend the border money Congress has already agreed to.
thehill.com...

Mr. Schumer said the $1.3 billion allocated last year for fencing and other border security hasn’t been fully spent, so it’s not clear why the president is asking for a full $5 billion now, other than politics
www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Congress needs to do its job and send the president a bill.
Make him veto it.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I'll just quote you, because it seems to become invisible every time it's mentioned.

"Well, you can use my words - we'll never pay for that f**king wall" - Vincente Fox.

Trump didn't put up much of a fight there, EITHER.

edit on 9-1-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The Democrats haven't fought this hard for anyone since the slave owners.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit

I'll just quote you, because it seems to become invisible every time it's mentioned.

"Well, you can use my words - we'll never pay for that f**king wall" - Vincente Fox.

Kinda like the flip flopping of Democrats on border security over the years seems to become invisible to you leftists every time its mentioned?

edit on 9-1-2019 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2019 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Anybody else thinks that the main reason the Libtards don't want a wall is all those voting Illegals ??
oh and btw it's Vicente Fox and he's been proven to be a corrupt SOB.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

But this wasn't in 2013, this was January of 2018, after Trump pulled DACA.

January 24, 2018

Top Senate Democrat Chuck Schumer on Tuesday pulled back an offer of $25 billion for President Donald Trump's long-promised southern border wall, as lawmakers scrambled to figure out how to push a deal to protect 700,000 or more so-called Dreamer immigrants from deportation.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Give all the money. 5 billion is nothing to those corrupt scumbags.

If they actually thought the wall wouldn't work they would give Trump ALL the money he originally wanted (25 bill) to hang himself with.

Which tells me that they know full well that it would work.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join