It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump calls meeting with Schumer and Pelosi a total waste of time after he storms out

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Nobody cares because there isn't a problem at the northern border. If there were caravans of Canadians demanding entry without due process I'd feel the same way.

More people with terrorist ties are apprehended at the Canadian border than at the southern border.

Speaking to reporters after Tuesday’s hearing, Bersin said his agency has recorded more cases of people with suspected terrorist backgrounds or links to terror organizations entering the U.S. from Canada than from Mexico.

“That doesn’t mean that we’re not looking for it on both borders, south and north,” he said.
Bersin said people who are on the no-fly list for a variety of reasons may enter Canada, “because they’re entitled under Canadian laws to do so, and then they attempt to cross into the United States” by way of bridge or tunnel border crossings.
www.cnsnews.com...

Overall, 41 people on the Terrorist Screening Database were encountered at the southern border from Oct. 1, 2017, to March 31, 2018, but 35 of them were U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents. Six were classified as non-U.S. persons.
On the northern border, CBP stopped 91 people listed in the database, including 41 who were not American citizens or residents.
www.nbcnews.com...
edit on 10-1-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: fencesitter85
Absolutely awful attempt at negotiation once again from a man stuck in 80s bullying mode. Absolute dinosaur, crying all over social again.

Needs a waaaambulance. This guy can't negotiate over what to have for dinner, let alone getting a tiny fraction of money to build a few metal fences (still breaking a campaign promise, but you'll all use cognitive dissonance to call it a win anyway).

Utterly useless.

You use the word "negotiation". I don't think you know its meaning.

I negotiate for a living, and I'm very good at it. Trump falls into the "oldskool procurement" category to me; the types who think trying to dominate and power-play their way through actually works well.

Saying "are you gonna fund the wall? ok bye then", along with the entire process so far, just shows his complete inadequacy. Keeping the shutdown going and calling it a Dem shutdown because he couldn't succeed in negotiation with them is like a child leaving the game and taking the ball.

He's failed miserably. The original wall itself was never viable, and the idea of it costing 10-20bn was utterly absurd from the off. And anyone who knows a bean about this kind of subject knows 5bn is a drop in the ocean; a budget that'll be eaten up in no time and have nothing to show for it for a few miles of fences to add to the existing ones.

I agree the dems made some terrible decisions, and all the money given to Israel etc is completely ridiculous. But I also agree that instead of giving huge tax-breaks to the rich (allowing them to buy back shares, primarily) he could have funded his little fence.

The man isn't a master negotiator - he has a history of strong-arming his way into things through money, bullying, and stamping his feet - which works with weak people. The win-win isn't even a concept to him.

The fact that so many people on ATS call his daily twitter tantrums "strong" and "tough" is the best example of cognitive dissonance I've ever seen. If it was Obama, you would (correctly) be calling him thin-skinned and asking how he has time to cry on social all day, hitting back with pathetic playground names like "Cryin' chuck" (at his age?) every time someone says something mean.

It is undeniably a stronger character trait if you can rise above playground name-calling and be the bigger person, focusing on doing your job. Mud-slinging on social repeatedly to get the last word is what children do. There is no debate to be had here. The man is a thin-skinned dinosaur.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Absolutely awful attempt at negotiation once again from a man stuck in 80s bullying mode. Absolute dinosaur, crying all over social again.

Needs a waaaambulance. This guy can't negotiate over what to have for dinner, let alone getting a tiny fraction of money to build a few metal fences (still breaking a campaign promise, but you'll all use cognitive dissonance to call it a win anyway).

Utterly useless.

You use the word "negotiation". I don't think you know its meaning.

I negotiate for a living, and I'm very good at it. Trump falls into the "oldskool procurement" category to me; the types who think trying to dominate and power-play their way through actually works well.

Saying "are you gonna fund the wall? ok bye then", along with the entire process so far, just shows his complete inadequacy. Keeping the shutdown going and calling it a Dem shutdown because he couldn't succeed in negotiation with them is like a child leaving the game and taking the ball.

He's failed miserably. The original wall itself was never viable, and the idea of it costing 10-20bn was utterly absurd from the off. And anyone who knows a bean about this kind of subject knows 5bn is a drop in the ocean; a budget that'll be eaten up in no time and have nothing to show for it for a few miles of fences to add to the existing ones.

I agree the dems made some terrible decisions, and all the money given to Israel etc is completely ridiculous. But I also agree that instead of giving huge tax-breaks to the rich (allowing them to buy back shares, primarily) he could have funded his little fence.

The man isn't a master negotiator - he has a history of strong-arming his way into things through money, bullying, and stamping his feet - which works with weak people. The win-win isn't even a concept to him.

The fact that so many people on ATS call his daily twitter tantrums "strong" and "tough" is the best example of cognitive dissonance I've ever seen. If it was Obama, you would (correctly) be calling him thin-skinned and asking how he has time to cry on social all day, hitting back with pathetic playground names like "Cryin' chuck" (at his age?) every time someone says something mean.

It is undeniably a stronger character trait if you can rise above playground name-calling and be the bigger person, focusing on doing your job. Mud-slinging on social repeatedly to get the last word is what children do. There is no debate to be had here. The man is a thin-skinned dinosaur.

WOW!

And the most honest post I've read in a while.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ker2010

originally posted by: Annee

Gotta go after the "brown skins".

Its usually the ones who bring skin pigment into a argument about immigration or anything who are the racist. Thanks for letting us know what you are.

NO

My daughter's ex is Canadian.

I live on the southern border.

No white Canadian was ever profiled to see if they were legal.

It is what it is. You can't sweep it under the rug because you don't wanna hear it.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

your words
seems you are now convinced trump was right? MAGA and all?

I really couldn't give a toss if Trump is right or wrong or if you build a wall or not....as I've repeatedly said and as has repeatedly flown straight over yours and others heads all I'm trying to point out is an obvious failing in your government process.

With typical American arrogance it seems that Americans believe non-Americans are not allowed to comment on their system of government or criticise in any way shape or form anything to do with the US of A.

..... changing the system because you didnt like the outcome doesnt really fix the system does it? it only fixes the outcome.

Absolute bollocks.
I think you should change the system because there must be a better option than repeated government shutdowns.

I don't care who you elect....that's your business, I'm just offering an observation that is blatantly obvious to the rest of the world!

if this is what it takes to get a real discussion and a real solution to the immigration problem we have then so be it.

I agree entirely that an open, honest and frank public discussion is required - the same applies over here - but given the massively bi-partisan nature of US politics and the invasive nature of the PC Brigade that simply isn't going to happen.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

originally posted by: MajorAce
Storms out or gets up and walks out. The spin people need to put on things . Personally I'd like to see Pres.Trump open all borders and allow the flood to happen. Even offer free bus rides to any sanctuary state or city for anybody coming across . State there will be no FED assistance because according to the DEMs the places will be over flowing with new jobs and gazillions in new tax revenue.

Legal vs illegal.

Why is that ignored.

Asylum seeking is part of the Constitution. Legal representation applies to anyone on US soil. Also in the Constitution.

Dems do not support illegal border crossing.

MAGA -- but, don't uphold the Constitution.

That is total horse snip. Asylum seekers can go to a legal port of entry.

And Canada spends a fortune collecting failed asylum seekers and shipping them out of here. In the US they just go hide and the Democrats scream foul whenever they are found and shipped out.

Why is nobody bitching at Canada?

Can you be any more dramatic?

Legal vs Illegal - - - obviously legal asylum seekers would fall into the Legal Port of Entry. Duh

I've brought of the Northern border for years - - "nobody" cares. Gotta go after the "brown skins".

Now, who is being dramatic?

Seems most of them just walk across or use smugglers then claim asylum when they get caught. Put up a wall to stop that and put the boarder patrol onto looking for tunnels and searching for drugs at legal crossings.

All the security that goes into patrolling the boarder is a waste of money when a passive deterant could take care of most of that and put the helicopter, drone, blimp... whatever money towards drug detection at the legal ports.

I've lived on the AZ/MEX border for 30 years.

I've had personal experience and local knowledge of the evolution of border security.

A fence? Fine

We don't need the "Wall of China".

Read the facts on the reduction of illegal crossings.

I live on the US/Canada boarder, doesnt mean I'm an expert in boarder relations.

3 of my buddies jumped the fence near San Diego to get back in the US from Tijuana Their lives would have been much different today if that fence actually worked.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Another take,. You just failed as miserably as the op of that post

Good day sir/ma'am or whatever

Time will be the judge.. ya ready ?
edit on 1102019 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 12:18 AM
link   
They have gone from we don't want a wall to what is wrong with your wall because they, those opposed, know that they are losing.

People are sick of this #. Pelosi and Schumer are the reason, due to their hate of Trump and his success, that one of the appropriation bills is not signed.

For decades this has been the routine. Argue over one part, make a grandstand and behind the scenes they (both sides)get their way. Look at the ACA and the bailout. Hate on TV and cocktails and kickbacks when the cameras are not rolling.

For once, a person in charge is taking a stand for something that is needed. To close the books on border security. Again, for decades a platform to run on and use for fear. Now, when someone wants to solve the issue that has been in the media and politics for decades it is wrong? How f'n dumb does a person have to be to NOT see that.

Because if Trump was not in office the Debt would be 28 billion already and we would all be paying more taxes. I am fine where I am...now build that freakin wall!

edit on Janam31amf0000002019-01-11T00:19:02-06:001202 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ker2010

Gotta go after the "brown skins".

Its usually the ones who bring skin pigment into a argument about immigration or anything who are the racist. Thanks for letting us know what you are.

NO

My daughter's ex is Canadian.

I live on the southern border.

No white Canadian was ever profiled to see if they were legal.

It is what it is. You can't sweep it under the rug because you don't wanna hear it.

So no white Canadian is ever asked for papers at the border? Are you sure you want to go with that?

Because I'm here to tell you that's a lie. From personal experience.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 05:35 AM
link   
How I view the progression:

1. We'll build a concrete wall across the entire border. Mexico will pay for it. Np guys.

2. What I meant was, they'll pay for it via a better trade agreement (aka renamed NAFTA).

3. What I meant was, I'll put tariffs on their stuff to pay for it regardless.

4. Ok so I've decided a wall isn't needed, I kinda meant a fence, huge steel slats, much stronger. Can I borrow the money from you all? It'll pay back many times over, I swearsies! I'd have done it myself but I gave too much back to the rich to buy back their own shares. I gave a few of you morons a few hundred bucks as a "bonus" and you lapped it up lol.

5. Look, I only want 5bn... it won't do much at all, as we all know these kind of infrastructure projects almost always exceed budget, let alone ridiculous ones like this. I just desperately need a win. Not like I'm gonna pay everyone anyway.

6. I never said Mexico would pay, wtf, fake news!! Fake video!!

7. So it turns out Glengarry Glen Ross wasn't a documentary, and my temper tantrums don't actually work against people who can't be bullied or threatened with litigation... hmmm... man I really need to save face here.

8. As I've failed at negotiation, I'll shut the Govt down, screwing hundreds of thousands of people out of their wages right after Xmas. I'll blame the dems repeatedly lol, my base will eat it up as usual. I'll even say it's mostly dems not being paid, so my fan club cheer me on even more!

9. Hmm. I can't back down or concede at all because I'll look weak to my insecure base who think accepting fault and apologising is a weakness. I'll just keep blaming dems.

10. I've not played golf in like 3 days now ffs.

11. Cohen's doing what in Feb...? Crap.

12. Right, final offer. I've got these wooden fence panels from my old garden, and I'll only bill the Govt 1bn to show how good I am...

Etc.

Honestly. How much can this guy push and push and push, mugging you off for fools over his ego-tantrums and insecurities? And you think he's STRONG? He's absolutely incapable of taking criticism on the chin.

"Oh but he gets so much negative press, of course he hits back!!" Oh boo hoo. The POTUS is having mean things said about him, so of course he opts for names like "failed general" and drags people's personal lives into everything.

This team sport nonsense has to STOP. You're standing on the titanic as Donnie screams "We were right to hit that iceberg, dems don't want you to have ice!!" And you're all shouting "YEAH!" and high-fiving next to him as the water starts to pass your chin.

Stop being insecure. Saying "Ok, bad call, we tried. Let's look to someone who actually can help us as get it together as a country and a people" would make you far stronger.

And just to inb4 it: I'm not a dem, I'm a centrist. I'm not pro Hillary whatever you may think. I don't need a "waaaambulance" and I'm not a crying snowflake. I want YOU and YOUR FAMILIES to have a bright future and stop squabbling like children at a sports game.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Waste of time, yet he still put Chuck and Nancy back in their respective places.

Good to see. He showed the country how week and dumb Nancy Pelosi is and how spineless/ineffective/double talking Schumer is.

Come to think of it, sounds like your typical lefties.

edit on 1/11/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

.1% of the yearly budget, not weekly.

I still think they should build the wall in some areas though. Then later help Mexico with the real problem, the Cartel. It’s inevitable that one day there will be an organized war with the Cartel.

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join