It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump calls meeting with Schumer and Pelosi a total waste of time after he storms out

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: iplay1up2

if i had a rich daddy i sure as hell would hold my hand out wouldn't you

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

It's not new nor beyond normal.

Which makes even more staggering.....this is how your government normally operates and no-one has done anything to change things?

Wow.

And please don't give me any bollocks about a system of checks and balances.....it obviously doesn't work so why not change it?

Fair enough, how's Brexit going?

Its an absolute farce....yet again politicians are failing the people.

But that's not the topic under discussion and that's the sort of tactics usually associated with the school playground.....'I know Miss, but what about Johnny he did...(insert anything that's not related to the point in hand in order to deflect).'

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Donald Trump told someone this evening that going to Laredo, Texas tomorrow is now a waste of time. He's already decided what he's going to do.

But, the pre-planning and guests there to greet him are all set up, sooo..it's off to Laredo he goes.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

The whole issue of you throwing stones from a glass house is amusing.

Thanks for your concern.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Didn't really mean to lump you in so harshly with the "hero warship" statement. I just get a tad tired of people having to explain what Trump actually means because he his 'direct statements' are apparently never 'direct statements'.

When Obama said "You can keep your doctor" people didn't say... "Well, he meant you could keep a doctor". He screwed up in saying that. He said it directly.

I guess I just see Trump the same way as you saw him before the election. It doesn't really matter to me whether other people move or not as that has no bearing on my opinion of him. His actions are directly reflective of the man I had seen for decades before he was president and feel like he has only solidified those earlier assessments.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: okrian

Didn't really mean to lump you in so harshly with the "hero warship" statement

Dont worry about it I didnt take it personally so much as the "what happened to you" which I was trying to figure out......

I just get a tad tired of people having to explain what Trump actually means because he his 'direct statements' are apparently never 'direct statements'.

honestly I think they are actually direct and should be taken as such, which is why i decry them when they are off, I get that others think hes doing 4D chess, eh......i dont subscribe to that for sure.....

When Obama said "You can keep your doctor" people didn't say... "Well, he meant you could keep a doctor". He screwed up in saying that. He said it directly.

Agreed, and I can understand where you could draw that line, but the difference is,that was something he told us would be a part of the bill, and then Pelosi and others told us "youll have to pass it to find out whats in it" on top of that, he used that line in order to get votes to pass it......

I agree its a fine line, however Trump supporters KNOW , theres no way we can make another FOREIGN country pay for our own security......both are bullsnip and lies.....no question.......

Further if you bought into the Mexico paying for it, youre ignorant and dont know how politics or spending works.......

I guess I just see Trump the same way as you saw him before the election. It doesn't really matter to me whether other people move or not as that has no bearing on my opinion of him.

I agree, and I feel the same way, although he has won me over on a few issues, because hes working hard for them...however im still EXTREMELY skeptical........in fact.....I honestly dont think the wall is going to happen, even though I am all for it, my sixth sense is hes going to fold.......I hope thats not what happens , but Washington DC, know what I mean?

I will not however make excuses for him if it does.....We could have done this when we had the majority and this pisses me off as well as makes me think "business as usual, politics as normal"

His actions are directly reflective of the man I had seen for decades before he was president and feel like he has only solidified those earlier assessments.

I do agree to an extent, although I think he has evolved a bit, as he recognizes he actually has to work with other people to do things, its not like his own business where he could bully his way into things......hes still being BULLISH make no mistake, but I think hes learning......I hope anyway, that hes learning....

I will continue to be critical when needed, and congratulate when he does what im aligned with.....but im always skeptical......

Like i said though, I feel like if there was real REAL movement on this it would have done when we held the majority and could have got it done.....

Its all playbook and its disgusting, on both sides, we have so much to clean up with politics from the ground up, ive almost lost hope on anything that GENUINELY reflects the welfare of the Republic....

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Storms out or gets up and walks out. The spin people need to put on things . Personally I'd like to see Pres.Trump open all borders and allow the flood to happen. Even offer free bus rides to any sanctuary state or city for anybody coming across . State there will be no FED assistance because according to the DEMs the places will be over flowing with new jobs and gazillions in new tax revenue.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Think about that logic bomb for a minute. Why would the ratings be larger for them?? What that tells me is that the liberals don't even listen to the other sides point of view before making an informed decision, they just tune in to listen to the rhetoric and ad hominem attacks.

I at least listen to both sides and make my decision...as any rational person would.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   

The government isn't necessarily supposed to get stuff done though. It was designed so that nothing would get done unless a majority of viewpoints and regions supported it.

We aren't actually supposed to be ruled from the Federal government. We are supposed to be ruled more locally because that is how it was designed. A smaller local body is more likely to agree on what to do, and a small local body is minimized in the amount of damage it can do with bad governance too.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: MajorAce
Storms out or gets up and walks out. The spin people need to put on things . Personally I'd like to see Pres.Trump open all borders and allow the flood to happen. Even offer free bus rides to any sanctuary state or city for anybody coming across . State there will be no FED assistance because according to the DEMs the places will be over flowing with new jobs and gazillions in new tax revenue.

Legal vs illegal.

Why is that ignored.

Asylum seeking is part of the Constitution. Legal representation applies to anyone on US soil. Also in the Constitution.

Dems do not support illegal border crossing.

MAGA -- but, don't uphold the Constitution.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   
All i need to know: people using terms like "toddler in chief", "he threw a tantrum", and "he stormed out" are obviously not making their own opinions or thinking for themselves. These are media buzzwords used to rally hate around this man.

There are so many things to criticize him over. Its all ignored. because its not politically expedient.

Its sad to see people allow others to upload thoughts and opinions into their heads. Politics is nothing but psychological warfare, and our nation has no shortage of weak minds which to attack.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

All I know is that everyone cares so very much about Federal employees not getting paid, but if I were to lose my private sector job, no one would care one bit about me or my coworkers not getting paid.

This happens to private sector employees all the time, and no one cares, but let the government (that never, ever goes out of business) stop doing business for a short amount of time, and those employees are like sainted victims who suffer more than anyone else ever has or will.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

If you want to say he's being stubborn, then you can equally criticize the democrats for that. They're being equally intransigent. If he wants a wall and increased border security because that's what the boots on the ground say they need and he won't budge on that and the other side just says no to whatever, then both sides are being stubborn.

If being stubborn gets you labeled a toddler, then no one is being adult on the Hill.

He has at least laid out opening position to negotiate from. No isn't an opening position for anything.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

The whole issue of you throwing stones from a glass house is amusing.

Thanks for your concern.

Again, this is an international forum and I'll continue posting on whatever topic and thread I feel inclined to.

I've never been of the opinion that everything is perfect here in the UK, far from it.
But that isn't the subject under discussion in this thread.....is that really so hard for you to understand.

Start a thread on the failings of the UK electoral and parliamentary procedures and I'll gladly contribute.

Some members have at least tried to explain and comment on the actual content of my posts.
Your insistence on displaying a 'but what about you' attitude speaks far, far more about you than it does about anyone else.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I heard little Donny had a temper tantrum and left. Sad.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
I heard little Donny had a temper tantrum and left. Sad.

You were told that and decided to take it as gospel because Orange Man Bad.

I don't think anyone really knows what happened except that Trump said let's negotiate. Are you ready to talk about this wall and border security yet. Nancy and Chuck said no, and Trump said then there's no point in this. Bye.

How much like a tantrum that is depends on who you listen to and believe. I do know this -- You cannot negotiate is one side has a starting position of "NO".

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm sure those Federal employees who are waiting on their last pay cheque before looking for alternative employment don't quite see it that way.

And when the effects of the duties of those Federal employees not being fulfilled starts filtering through to the ordinary Joe's I'm sure they'll be so understanding.

As usual its the ordinary, everyday people who will suffer and the wealthy and elites continue going about their lives unaffected.

I'm not commenting on the pro's and con's of the wall or Trump just that any system that simply accepts this as part of due process is not fit for purpose and the American people deserve something better.....pretty simple really.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

And no one misses us little ol' private employees at all.

Riiight, so what? If the government is that entwined with life, then it's too big and it needs to be cut down to size. Federal employees and their areas of operation shouldn't be so integral that the entire country collapses without them so that we can all be held hostage to a couple of American Gothic rejects who have decided we do not need border security because they hate the president so they won't even discuss anything related to it with words bigger than NO.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Trump is a petulant little child with the maturity of a kindergartner.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: richapau
a reply to: xuenchen

Trump is a petulant little child with the maturity of a kindergartner.

Shoooo.....don’t upset the locals

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join