It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump calls meeting with Schumer and Pelosi a total waste of time after he storms out

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: JinMI

Last time I checked, the U.S. elected DJT into the presidency. One of the sticking points was a border wall.

That Mexico was going to pay for.

Forget that very important and repeated promise?

Ive read this 100 times today........and people wonder why we accuse the left of being parrots.........

Look he never PROMISED Mexico would pay for it, and the majority of his supporters knew it, because he has no way of making ANOTHER nation pay for THIS nations security......

Rhetoric is rhetoric which is what it was, pandering to his rallies......

You guys just make yourselves look foolish by continuing to repeat this like it makes a difference on the actual issue.......

His base are MORE than willing to let it come out of their tax dollars.......ask anyone here on ATS who supports the wall if they have an issue paying for it.........

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Move the goalposts as you wish to convince yourselves.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   

No need when you folks won't even step up to the line of scrimmage.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Look he never PROMISED Mexico would pay for it

He said multiple times, and was recorded multiple times on video, saying Mexico would pay for it.

*shrug*

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: xuenchen

Nancy and Chuck need to work on pretending to act concerned. They bombed at it. Now there are tons of memes floating around.

By what metric? Nancy and Chuck pulled bigger ratings numbers than Trump did.

Yeah among misled and uninformed Democrats watching CNN and MSNBC 😂

It begs the question, why didn't the same or more amount of Trump devotee's tune in to watch him?

roflol lame 🤣lame lame

Whats lame exactly, the Trump supporters that didn't tune in?

LOL

You scared homie? don't be scared.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Here is the word salad explaining how he says they are going to pay

assets.donaldjtrump.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I wish the White House post video of the end of the meeting, to prove Schumer as a liar.

Schumer says the President pounded on the table and stormed out of the room.

Pence said he didn't.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I wish the White House post video of the end of the meeting, to prove Schumer as a liar.

Pence said he didn't.

Who cares?

It doesn't matter.

It changes nothing.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

No need when you folks won't even step up to the line of scrimmage.

They're kneeling in the locker room 🤣

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Look he never PROMISED Mexico would pay for it

He said multiple times, and was recorded multiple times on video, saying Mexico would pay for it.

*shrug*

I like how you left out my point that he was pandering...selective editing........there was never a promise......period......
edit on 1/9/2019 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Pence said he didn't.

Who cares?

It doesn't matter.

It changes nothing.

Wait so if it showed there wasnt a fit, like the left media is reporting, it would change nothing?

Sounds about right, apparently facts are irrelevant.......

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Last time I checked, the U.S. elected DJT into the presidency. One of the sticking points was a border wall.

That Mexico was going to pay for.

Forget that very important and repeated promise?

Via the better Trade deal, Mexico will pay for the Wall. It's indirect...similar to how you're paid on your job.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Pence said he didn't.

Who cares?

It doesn't matter.

It changes nothing.

Wait so if it showed there wasnt a fit, like the left media is reporting, it would change nothing?

He gave an ultimatum.

He was told NO.

He walked out.

Changes nothing. Drama not required

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

He asked if they were ready to negotiate for the wall. That isn't an ultimatum. That's - This is what I want. What do you want for it.

When they said NO to what he wanted (that is an ultimatum, btw), he said it was pointless because it pretty much is.

If I want a thing and you want a thing, we might reach a deal, but if I want a thing, and you refuse to accept that anything you want might be an acceptable exchange for that thing, then nothing can be done. What point is there is continuing to talk?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

He gave an ultimatum.

..the whole reason for the shutdown was money for the border wall/fence....when youre in negotiations, its over certain issues.....

a final demand or statement of terms, the rejection of which will result in retaliation or a breakdown in relations.

By definition I suppose he did, which is in context, because there were terms on the "negotiation"

He was told NO. He walked out.

Again......thats what happens when youre suppose to be negotiating on issues and the other side refuses to actually negotiate.......

well im glad you admit that its not drama to walk out of whats suppose to be a negotiation when there was nothing to negotiate........

Pretty far cry from a tantrum isnt it......tantrum indicates drama......never see a child throw a tantrum that wasnt drama, never seen a quite tantrum......

an uncontrolled outburst of anger and frustration, typically in a young child.

Check your rhetoric

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Pence said he didn't.

Who cares?

It doesn't matter.

It changes nothing.

He gave an ultimatum.

He was told NO.

He walked out.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Pence said he didn't.

Who cares?

It doesn't matter.

It changes nothing.

He gave an ultimatum.

He was told NO.

He walked out.

I think you do not understand what a tantrum is, but thanks to your cohorts we have plenty of examples to pull from.

This is a tantrum:

Trump walking out of a dead end meeting is not. Now if you have video of a tantrum being thrown by Trump in the meeting please post it.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Dude. What happened? There was a time when you were able to look at Trump with some critical thought. Trump is on record, so many times stating that Mexico would pay for the wall. And he didn't just double down (I found him saying it over 20 times in just a quick search). This was a campaign promise of the highest order.

Here's just one...

Mexico will pay for the wall!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 1, 2016

That doesn't appear confusing to me (and I'm not taking things out of context, that was the solitary tweet). That doesn't look like metaphor to me. And the fact that it was repeated, and promised, over and over again would lead any sane person to believe that is what he meant. I think he meant it too but was just too arrogant to even think about what was possible. If every single statement Trump makes has to be softened or reinterpreted by his followers then you are running into a very dangerous game of hero-worship.

You are tired of hearing people state the fact that Trump said this over and over, but you haven't even heard it on this thread as many times as Trump said it.

Facts are facts. This was a Trump promise. And he blew it.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

Dude. What happened? There was a time when you were able to look at Trump with some critical thought.

I still do, and I still criticize him when hes running at the mouth or not doing what he said he would.......much like i did recently with his tariffs.....

Trump is on record, so many times stating that Mexico would pay for the wall. And he didn't just double down (I found him saying it over 20 times in just a quick search). This was a campaign promise of the highest order.

Yes he did, but its still not a promise.......the promise was to get the wall built, which if he DOESNT, will make him lose A LOT of his base......

I think he meant it too but was just too arrogant to even think about what was possible

You may be right on that, but I can tell you for myself , even though im not and havent been an ARDENT supporter, never ever thought that would ever work......you cant make another country pay for YOUR security, most of us have the common sense to see this.......thats kind of my point.....

If every single statement Trump makes has to be softened or reinterpreted by his followers then you are running into a very dangerous game of hero-worship.

No Im just able to see whats rhetoric BS and what is actually a possibility, has nothing to do with hero worship, it has to do with knowing the difference between pandering (as ive said till im almost strangling on it) and what is and what can actually be done......

You are tired of hearing people state the fact that Trump said this over and over, but you haven't even heard it on this thread as many times as Trump said it

Again its about parsing the BS from what can actually happen, im more disappointed you think my responses are hero worship, and not more to the fact that I can see through whats bs and whats not, which everyone should do when listening to people running for political office.....

Facts are facts. This was a Trump promise. And he blew it.

If the wall gets built, and thats a big IF, then that would be a campaign promise kept and is better for the security of America....

The problem is the extremes, people now act like if you support someone in what they are doing youre a sycophant, and if you criticize them for what they arent youre in ardent opposition......

People have forgotten that you can call a spade a spade.......I didnt move, other people did, thats what happens when people are polarized instead of being objective.......

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Mabey its not about the money they blow five billion without a whimper, but consider that the department of trade is shutdown due to the shutdown, which means no data on how the economy is doing is available. If it were would show that many Wendy's and Mc Donalds are up for sale , with the share market shaky they would have a problem kicking the can down the road , Its best to wait for an Italian of French or German bank to fail first then they could blame them.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join