It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump calls meeting with Schumer and Pelosi a total waste of time after he storms out

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: mzinga

FaUx NeWs! FaUx NeWs!

Whatever man. I don't watch the Fox channel.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: xuenchen

Nancy and Chuck need to work on pretending to act concerned. They bombed at it. Now there are tons of memes floating around.

By what metric? Nancy and Chuck pulled bigger ratings numbers than Trump did.

Yeah among misled and uninformed Democrats watching CNN and MSNBC 😂

It begs the question, why didn't the same or more amount of Trump devotee's tune in to watch him?

roflol lame 🤣lame lame

Whats lame exactly, the Trump supporters that didn't tune in?

LOL

Exactly: the people that are all "er mah gerd" the evil nasty Immigrants are going to get us! Build a wall, quick!"

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: network dude

Bully Trump doesn't get his way.

Throws tantrum.

Pretty simple

while you are correct, are you saying that the democrat are acting exemplary in all this?

Negotiations/Compromise.

Pelosi was right to say NO to Trump's ultimatum.

Let's revisit when Trump stops acting like a child.

Trump: Lets meet and negotiate

Pelosi and Chuck: Ok lets do it

Trump enters the room: So were here to negotiate, are you willing to cede any money for the wall

Pelosi and Chuck: Nope

Trump: Then this isnt a negotiation, bye-bye

I fail to see how this is acting like a child, If i were in "negotiations" with another company I was doing business with and they refused to negotiate, why would I waste my time.......

The only childish behavior is coming from people like you and others on the left, making a huge spectacle of something that wasnt......

In fact the childish part, was Pelosi and Chuck putting this whole thing on, because they knew their intent, and are trying to use this for political theater.....and they are playing all of you that support them like a fiddle......

And yall call Trump supporters dense........
edit on 1/9/2019 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Annee

Really?

Last time I checked, the U.S. elected DJT into the presidency. One of the sticking points was a border wall. Pelosi has zero right to take it off table. Compromise? Sure. Negotiate? Absolutely. Deny? Nope. To do so would be against the will of the people who elected the man in.

So, Trump is a dictator.

The will of the people?

Last time I checked, the majority does not support a wall.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Throws tantrum.

Pretty simple

while you are correct, are you saying that the democrat are acting exemplary in all this?

Negotiations/Compromise.

Trump enters the room: So were here to negotiate, are you willing to cede any money for the wall

I fail to see how this is acting like a child, If i were in "negotiations" with another company I was doing business with and they refused to negotiate, why would I waste my time.......

The only childish behavior is coming from people like you and others on the left, making a huge spectacle of something that wasnt......

"TWIST & SHOUT"

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   

So, Trump is a dictator.

Yea, I keep hearing this incredibly hollow argument. Anything to back it up?

The will of the people?

80% want secure borders. If there is some argument I am missing that absolutely doesn't start with a physical barrier, I'm all ears.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

originally posted by: rigel4
a reply to: MisterSpock

I thought Mexico was going to pay for the wall ?
What happened to that promise ?

Cool talking point.........its been addressed ad nauseum.........

Basically, not even the people who were for the Border Wall believed he could get mexico to pay for it, we knew it was rhetoric.......

That being said it changes nothing.......it should be our responsibility to take the measures necessary to protect our country.

What’s funny is that Trump and his supporters seem to think that border securing technology peaked around 1200 AD. Even after being told by many times by experts in the field that a border wall would not help secure the border and could even hamper efforts to secure the border they still whine and cry about getting a wall. Trump even threw a temper tantrum and walked out today, so mature.....

Look, the Democrats already offered 1.3 billion for border security. When he spends that money let’s talk.

www.quora.com...

The first thing necessary to do to have a rational discussion is define the terms used. Not every term means the same thing to everyone. Wall = a physical barrier of some type. It could be a fence or some other impediment to entry by people or vehicles.Border Patrolmen want a physical barrier to slow things down. A fence is better than a “WALL”. You need to be able to see what’s happening on the other side. You wouldn’t want the opposition parking a truck bomb up against the Wall and you not being able to see it Controlling illegal immigration will require a “three-legged stool type solution. Like the “Nuclear Triad” of the Cold War”. A nuclear triad refers to the nuclear weapons delivery of a strategic nuclear arsenal which consists of three components: land-based intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs), strategic bombers, and submarine-launched ballistic missiles (SLBMs). The illegal immigration triad would also consist of three components: A physical barrier and the manpower to respond to intrusions, an E-Verify system to prevent the employment of illegal workers and a sufficiently staffed Judicial system to speedily prosecute violators. The absence of any one of these three legs dooms the project to failure.

Lie to yourself all you like, but damn, you can't lie to the kids like this. It hurts them. Think of the children.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I blame our public education system, for those not understanding what NO means in a negotiation without a reason. Yet I digress it could also be an emotional reason denying intelligence and accepting ignorance.

We will never know.

edit on 9-1-2019 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
DP
edit on 9-1-2019 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Throws tantrum.

Pretty simple

Negotiations/Compromise.

"TWIST & SHOUT"

Thank you for that well thought out response........

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Really?

Last time I checked, the U.S. elected DJT into the presidency. One of the sticking points was a border wall. Pelosi has zero right to take it off table. Compromise? Sure. Negotiate? Absolutely. Deny? Nope. To do so would be against the will of the people who elected the man in.

So, Trump is a dictator.

The will of the people?

link to Rassmussen Report poll

depends on whom you listen to. this was 2015, and a reputable source. What dynamic has changed since then?
edit on 9-1-2019 by network dude because: fixed link

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Throws tantrum.

Pretty simple

According to pence he didnt storm out or pound his fist on the table as claimed by chuckles and pelosie.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Throws tantrum.

Pretty simple

Negotiations/Compromise.

"TWIST & SHOUT"

Think about it.

Pithy -- but, says volumes.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Throws tantrum.

Pretty simple

According to pence he didnt storm out or pound his fist on the table as claimed by chuckles and pelosie.

His actions are the same.

With drama or not.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Chuck and Nancy at a party with friends ....

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Last time I checked, the U.S. elected DJT into the presidency. One of the sticking points was a border wall.

That Mexico was going to pay for.

Forget that very important and repeated promise?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: JinMI

Last time I checked, the U.S. elected DJT into the presidency. One of the sticking points was a border wall.

That Mexico was going to pay for.

Forget that very important and repeated promise?

No, not at all. When the U.S. no longer has to pay for processing, deportation, housing, feeding; how much does that cost? Moreover, when there are folks in Mexico looking for ways in, waiting for ways in or in other ways biding their time, where are those people residing?

Oh, wait. You thought Mexico was going to sign a check? That type of logic doesn't compute.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: hoss53

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: iplay1up2

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: xuenchen

Nancy and Chuck need to work on pretending to act concerned. They bombed at it. Now there are tons of memes floating around.

Oh, and trump saying he can identify with those not getting paychecks, was sincere? Please, whenever trump needed a hand out he went to his daddy.

Well Mr. Trump isn't getting a government pay check either.

Maybe if he offered his Presidential pay check to Pelosi, she would be on board with the wall. Although she is filthy rich. How did she get all that money? Shouldn't she share it with the less fortunate?

You really think someone as greedy and egotistical as spanky donates his paycheck. You are so stupid it defies logic. One way he can prove it. Provide his tax returns. After all its a great deduction.

oops:

Q: Did President Trump donate his $400,000 salary to military cemeteries? A: No. A year-old viral email makes that claim. But the president does indeed donate his salary to different government initiatives each quarter.

www.factcheck.org...

question, if you call anyone who believes something that turns out to be true "so stupid it defies logic", and it could be found by typing "did trump donate his paycheck" into the google, what does that make you, exactly?

I doubt they will do something so hard as actual research.

Trump has donated each of his quarterly salaries to different areas of the government since taking office. The president donated his salary from the first quarter of 2018 to the Department of Veterans Affairs.

Last year, Trump gave his salary to the Transportation Department, the Health and Human Services Department for the opioid epidemic, the National Park Service and the Education Department.

The Hill Link

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Throws tantrum.

Pretty simple

His actions are the same.

With drama or not.

No they arent. one is a adult way to handle a situation,and the other is a childish way.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Throws tantrum.

Pretty simple

Negotiations/Compromise.

"TWIST & SHOUT"

Think about it.

Pithy -- but, says volumes.

ne·go·ti·ate
/nəˈɡōSHēˌāt/Submit
verb
obtain or bring about by discussion.
"he negotiated a new contract with the sellers"
synonyms: arrange, work out, thrash out, hammer out, reach an agreement on, agree on, come to terms about, reach terms on, broker; More
find a way over or through (an obstacle or difficult path).
"there was a puddle to be negotiated"
synonyms: get round/past/over, make one's way round/past/over, make it round/past/over, clear, cross, pass over; More

I fail to see how the two Democrats opening with "NO" brings any of the above about. If we're negotiating, then we're discussing our impasse, and no is not a good opening position that indicates a willingness to negotiate.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join