It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump calls meeting with Schumer and Pelosi a total waste of time after he storms out

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Carcharadon

You know what's striking? How pedophiles have infested every level of your government. How many Savilles you got kicking around over there?

Point 1: Where is the relevance to the topic under discussion?
Point 2: Its an international forum and not for the sole use of insular Americans.
Point 3: From the land of Bill Clinton?

Grow up and stop being a knobhead.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

Obviously the point of my post flew straight over your head.

I'm not commenting on the pro's and con's of the effectiveness / morality of building a wall
I'm not commenting on Trump and any of his policies or his ability as a President of the USA.

It's just truly amazing that this could happen.....honestly, only in America.

To be fair, I don't really expect many Americans to get what I'm saying.....but I'm certain the vast majority of non-American members will fully understand.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
You know in the UK right now we are going through a much bigger political debate regarding brexit.

If May stormed out like that she would be regarded as a national embarrassment.

Sometimes it’s really quite a striking contrast between American and British politics.

it's astounding.

he brought them candy, tho..

lol

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I don't know if this is even possible but why doesn't trump just sign an EO suspending senator and congresscritter salaries while the government is in shutdown?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

It's a reflection of checks and balances, to the chagrin of most partisan folks.

It shows that no power has broad and sweeping control. Given the pure and large profitability of data and marketing, the media is in absolute frenzy for clicks, likes shares etc thus magnifying any and every ordeal.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: rigel4
a reply to: MisterSpock

I thought Mexico was going to pay for the wall ?
What happened to that promise ?

Cool talking point.........its been addressed ad nauseum.........

Basically, not even the people who were for the Border Wall believed he could get mexico to pay for it, we knew it was rhetoric.......

That being said it changes nothing.......it should be our responsibility to take the measures necessary to protect our country.

What’s funny is that Trump and his supporters seem to think that border securing technology peaked around 1200 AD. Even after being told by many times by experts in the field that a border wall would not help secure the border and could even hamper efforts to secure the border they still whine and cry about getting a wall. Trump even threw a temper tantrum and walked out today, so mature.....

Look, the Democrats already offered 1.3 billion for border security. When he spends that money let’s talk.

Why were Dems all for morally giving 25 Billion for the Border Wall just a short time ago then? How did their morals allow it then but not now?

What "experts in the field" have said that a physical barrier at our border would not be helpful?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

It's a reflection of checks and balances,......

The stock answer.
The reality is people not getting paid and the government not doing what it should be doing.

Like I said, only in America.

..... to the chagrin of most partisan folks.

The epitome of whom are Trump and Pelosi et al.

Neither have the best interests of the American people at heart.....the sooner you guys realise that then maybe the sooner you'll get the quality of politicians the American people deserve.

US partisan party politics at its very, very worst.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: headorheart

Our government is embarrassing.

This is what happens when you have a guy who doesn't owe anyone anything in office instead of another Bush or Clinton. Congress is indeed embarrassing. Trump has shown that.

Never enter into a negotiation you're not willing to walk away from.
edit on 9 1 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   

www.nbcnews.com...

It's not new nor beyond normal.

Neither have the best interests of the American people at heart.....the sooner you guys realise that then maybe the sooner you'll get the quality of politicians the American people deserve.

Fair enough, how's Brexit going?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Bully Trump doesn't get his way.

Throws tantrum.

Pretty simple

while you are correct, are you saying that the democrat are acting exemplary in all this?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: hoss53

originally posted by: CynConcepts

originally posted by: BlackJackal

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: rigel4
a reply to: MisterSpock

I thought Mexico was going to pay for the wall ?
What happened to that promise ?

Cool talking point.........its been addressed ad nauseum.........

Basically, not even the people who were for the Border Wall believed he could get mexico to pay for it, we knew it was rhetoric.......

That being said it changes nothing.......it should be our responsibility to take the measures necessary to protect our country.

What’s funny is that Trump and his supporters seem to think that border securing technology peaked around 1200 AD. Even after being told by many times by experts in the field that a border wall would not help secure the border and could even hamper efforts to secure the border they still whine and cry about getting a wall. Trump even threw a temper tantrum and walked out today, so mature.....

Look, the Democrats already offered 1.3 billion for border security. When he spends that money let’s talk.

Please share these experts facts, study or reports you are talking about. I have only seen the ones that show that a wall is an effective deterrent to illegal immigration and costs.

" Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity. " General George S Patton

I Love how deranged Trump has made his opposition......quoting Patton like he is a hero of the Left.

Too funny.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: iplay1up2

Yes, and Fox tried to spin it, that she did not support border security. That is a lie. They offered, I think it was 2.4 billion, in border security funding!

A wall is security. She doesn't support the wall. That means she doesn't support border security.

a wall is not the only security
you can be for border security and be against the wall

are you against the wall just because ....Trump? If not, what is your idea for securing the open border with less money?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: ker2010

Obviously the point of my post flew straight over your head.

I'm not commenting on the pro's and con's of the effectiveness / morality of building a wall
I'm not commenting on Trump and any of his policies or his ability as a President of the USA.

It's just truly amazing that this could happen.....honestly, only in America.

To be fair, I don't really expect many Americans to get what I'm saying.....but I'm certain the vast majority of non-American members will fully understand.

I agree, this is how bad its gotten here in the US, everything is so political and knee jerk motivated, and pandering.....

The wall should be a non issue:

"We should build a wall to increase our security and further motivate people to come into the country legally, as well as cut down on the drug and sex trafficking problem"

Unanimous from both sides: "Agreed this makes sense"

Its a dog and pony show , filled with slight of hand and people hedging to line their pockets and increase their own power, DC cares not for the populace......

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Nancy and Chuck need to work on pretending to act concerned. They bombed at it. Now there are tons of memes floating around.

By what metric? Nancy and Chuck pulled bigger ratings numbers than Trump did.

Yeah among misled and uninformed Democrats watching CNN and MSNBC 😂

It begs the question, why didn't the same or more amount of Trump devotee's tune in to watch him?

roflol lame 🤣lame lame

Whats lame exactly, the Trump supporters that didn't tune in?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Nancy and Chuck need to work on pretending to act concerned. They bombed at it. Now there are tons of memes floating around.

By what metric? Nancy and Chuck pulled bigger ratings numbers than Trump did.

Yeah among misled and uninformed Democrats watching CNN and MSNBC 😂

It begs the question, why didn't the same or more amount of Trump devotee's tune in to watch him?

roflol lame 🤣lame lame

Whats lame exactly, the Trump supporters that didn't tune in?

LOL

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: hoss53

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: iplay1up2

Oh, and trump saying he can identify with those not getting paychecks, was sincere? Please, whenever trump needed a hand out he went to his daddy.

Well Mr. Trump isn't getting a government pay check either.

Maybe if he offered his Presidential pay check to Pelosi, she would be on board with the wall. Although she is filthy rich. How did she get all that money? Shouldn't she share it with the less fortunate?

You really think someone as greedy and egotistical as spanky donates his paycheck. You are so stupid it defies logic. One way he can prove it. Provide his tax returns. After all its a great deduction.

oops:

Q: Did President Trump donate his $400,000 salary to military cemeteries? A: No. A year-old viral email makes that claim. But the president does indeed donate his salary to different government initiatives each quarter.

www.factcheck.org...

question, if you call anyone who believes something that turns out to be true "so stupid it defies logic", and it could be found by typing "did trump donate his paycheck" into the google, what does that make you, exactly?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   

They live in a bubble fed by propaganda. It goes deep, education here is a joke. Most have never left the state let alone the county they live in. They have no idea how the rest of the world lives and interacts.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Or when a president decides what he is going to do when he watches faux news. You guys are rich. He was going to let this go until faux called him out.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Annee
Bully Trump doesn't get his way.

Throws tantrum.

Pretty simple

while you are correct, are you saying that the democrat are acting exemplary in all this?

Negotiations/Compromise.

Pelosi was right to say NO to Trump's ultimatum.

Let's revisit when Trump stops acting like a child.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Pelosi was right to say NO to Trump's ultimatum.

Really?

Last time I checked, the U.S. elected DJT into the presidency. One of the sticking points was a border wall. Pelosi has zero right to take it off table. Compromise? Sure. Negotiate? Absolutely. Deny? Nope. To do so would be against the will of the people who elected the man in.

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join