It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you pass this civics question?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
So looking on MSN I see one of those typical questionnaires and this one struck me funny as in at first I look at it as if the questionnaire was as simple as asking what color the sky was... Well I was wrong in that assumption and now I know why we continually get crappy people voted into office for even decades on end...

Maybe we need a passing score on a civics test to vote....

edit on 9-1-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I could pass it, and the constitution test as well!

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I was surprised that many got it right.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Oh. Dear. Lordy.

I have no other words.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
If there are two per state which I learned in school then there should be 114 now. I specifically remember Obama claiming we had 57 states.
edit on 9-1-2019 by Anathros because: SARCASM

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Paying all those congressmen to argue with each other and take bribes....oh sorry, contributions, is kind of crazy. Instead of these rich people, companies, and organizations paying for campaigns, why can't that money be pooled to pay their salaries?

I know, I may be a little frivilous, how would MSM be able to pay bonuses to their people if there were no campaign funds to pay for advertising.

Maybe since our government is partially shut down, as someone earlier said on a thread, we should replace it. Now If everyone were to repeat this on social media, The Democrats would start to compromise with Trump and the shutdown would just go away.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

I was surprised that many got it right.

I think I know why now I get deer in the headlight look when I go into a conversation as to why we have 2 senators per state and an Electoral College as part of the republic.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

That's the whole test? One question?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

That's the whole test? One question?

33% for "Your Name Here"

33% for the above question

33% for "Who is buried in Grant's Tomb?

There is/was chat that the Masons™ are behind it. Of course a bunch of 100% would seem kind of 'sketchy'...

Then When One passes they get to wave an American flag made in Bangladesh. Then when they leave the local City Hall, the Democrats™ sign them up to vote and 3 days later they start getting their handouts...

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Thats nothing, the guy in there now said He could PROVE the one You typed about was born on foreign soil, here We are 2 years later...

Moral: We, those who don't make their existence in politics™, are getting $¢rewed until We're dead....

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

George Washington?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

You're a 1/3 of the way to 'citizenry' Welcome...

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   
This is why I think there should be a 10 question quiz on every federal ballot, with multiple choice questions pulled at random from the most recent U.S. Naturalization test. For each question answered correctly, the voter gets a +10% to their vote tally.

Answer all questions correctly, you get 1 full vote. Answer 8/10, you get 0.8 of a vote.

Then see how each candidate does with their constituents.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I think you should also be able to take a physical challenge.

Just like Double Dare.

We are almost there, so why not?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   
When my friend was in the process of becoming a citizen (Nigerian) I got to see the Immigration practice test.
Tough , but I passed

Yes , there should be a test such as the above for a "Voter Eligibility Card"
This should also be a requirement before one can run for any office. Local State or Federal

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Oooh , Ooooh Mr.Kotter...
It is the remains of the Grant's Department Stores.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

That was the •Bonus Question• !! Please pick up Your $250.00 worth of C&H Stamps at the kiosk on the Mezzanine Level.

Thanks for playing!

join