It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious radio signals from deep space detected

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I think these repeating bursts will turn out to be something to do with certain types of stars, personally speaking. The intervals between the bursts are far too long to be considered any kind of communication attempt. I think there is an awful lot to learn on the macro scale, about the operations of components of this universe, but where these repeating bursts are concerned, I do not believe that discovering the origins of these bursts will teach us anything about the underpinnings of the universe, because although these bursts are impressive in their power and unusual in their regularity, they are no where near as useful to the process of working out the plumbing of reality, as studying particles themselves is.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Maybe when we look at the forest rather than the trees we will understand the physical process necessary to create the forest also describes physics at the quantum level?

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Slichter

All humanities scientific efforts thus far put paid to that notion long ago. Observing the planets, the stars, the galaxies as they came into focus, the events and objects that we have tracked, only tells us a limited amount about the functions, the mechanisms by which the universe actually operates. Its like looking at the outside of an automobile without ever lifting the bonnet to examine the engine.

You can know the thing has wheels, windows, a body frame and creates noise, heat and fumes, but you cannot know anything about its particulars, without examining the plumbing, and the plumbing is what matters most. You could slap the same plumbing into a different shell, but the plumbing would still dictate more about the performance characteristics of the whole, than what the whole looks like does.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Back in the 1920's before digital photography we wondered what a single photon was.
Really needed to just expand our view of light to understand things with more accurate prediction.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

The team investigating the FRBs don't believe the repeaters are the result of cataclysmic events such as exploding stars and the like , of course they may be due to some other kind stellar phenomenon that as yet we are unaware of but only further investigation will offer up a workable theory , if the repeaters aren't a result of exploding stars then that must call into question the source of the non-repeaters.

For starters, the existence of repeating FRBs like the one captured last year could rule out some possible origins. These repeating signals flashed from the same spot in the sky (from an estimated 1.5 billion light-years away) six times over the course of several months. According to the study authors, this delayed repetition rules out "cataclysmic events" like supernovas as a likely source of the repeated blasts, as bursts from an exploding star would be expected to happen just once.
www.livescience.com...

For me this mystery is what space exploration is all about and one of the reasons the great unknown holds my attention , we can only postulate as to the cause of the FRBs , it may be that their source has a prosaic explanation but perhaps the source could signal something incredible that could change our perception of the Universe itself.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Some postulation from the reporter who had the first article I read on this topic Miss Helen Briggs

Signals from space: Five theories on what they are

Dr Ingrid Stairs makes an interesing observation that makes sense but could be seen as bursting our "Its Aliens" dream/fever

"It just seems completely inconceivable that there could be that many different alien civilisations all deciding to produce the same kind of signal in the same way - that just seems highly improbable."
from link Signals in space: Five theories on what they are

Although on her homepage

Fast Radio Bursts (FRBs): These millisecond-duration bursts of radio emission are extragalactic in origin but their source is still unknown. I am part of a team installing a powerful FRB detector on the upcoming CHIME telescope; we expect to see up to a few tens of FRBs per day and examine the brightest ones with high time resolution and polarimetry.
from link Dr Ingrid Stairs

Dam you Tsoukalos!!!!

Second Repeating Fast Radio Burst Detected

Sidenote 2 women WAY more clever..cleverly...smrt...smarter than myself

edit on 10-1-2019 by UpIsNowDown because: layout

edit on 10-1-2019 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
1.5 billion light years away. Even if it was a message, how much has changed in that length of time.

They just wanted to know if they could borrow a cup of sugar. They're very patient. I imagine they are a kind and simple folk, the whole place is like a Pepperidge Farms commercial, they just want to bake some cookies and tell stories from days of yore to their grandchildren while they sit on their lap and all the kids have aimple toys made of wood, they have no desire for a fast paced city lifestyle. Everything is perfect, at first appearance...but something is not quite right. They seem to be hiding something. Something dark. Something so deceptive and evil, it would seem unfathomable to human beings who have what the Galactic call "a very Planetary mindset".

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
That wouldn't be a reply to our signals sent out, unless it traveled differently?

Too far away. Our signals have barely traveled to the nearest neighborhood stars, much less into the depths of the universe. There might indeed be some "back channel" we aren't aware of that can take a signal a propagate it across the entire universe in an instant. But we don't know of it.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
After all, "now" is "now" no matter where you are in the universe. I wonder what the sky would look like if we could see everything where it actually is.

Maybe its like a Dan Brown novel/movie if we line up the stars/galaxies as they are now maybe it just points to one part of the universe and that part would be/could be right about..

or it could spell out

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

There is so much we have to learn about the universe.

Are these waves the property of binary pulsars? they are the most accurate clocks in the universe and spin at different rates, which may appear to be natural morse code.

Unless the graliens send us a cipher we may never know.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Cant always trust a Cipher though

And I agree with how little we as a species know about the universe, and of that I know even less but am still amazed and in awe of it, as if still 8 years old when considering space was infinite, and the only way I could grasp that was by comparing it to numbers and how infinite they are.

Which then allows me to consider infinite possibilities of other species could be out there, the problem of time though means like dinosaurs they may be extinct now leaving little trace of them without digging up random areas of planets

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Energy released when our universe bumps up against another universe?

I was thinking perhaps the FRBs are the result of White holes burping matter back into our Universe , perhaps they are linked to Black holes in a reflection Universe but other Universes bumping against ours could be another mind melting explanation.

edit on 12-1-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Could we trust a message from 100s or more of light years away? What could have changed with the sender while the message was traveling to here?

Imagine if they sent technology. Maybe sending info to save a, at some point, doomed planet. As in learn from there mistakes. Most the bright minds have three opinions on aliens. They are hostile, they are to evolved to be hostile or they have no choice or a choice to colonize space. Hell, it could be a interstellar galatic war for all we know. Lol

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join