It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious radio signals from deep space detected

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Thank you for the post…

I hope it doesn’t take another 1.5 billion years for us to decoding it “if it contains a message”.

S&F…

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Interesting fact .

At 110 light-years away from earth — the edge of a radio 'sphere' which contains many star systems — our very first radio broadcasts are beginning to arrive. At 74 light-years away, television signals are being introduced.

So that means we are just being heard ...
edit on 1/9/2019 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

I was thinking a potential friend could become a foe. But even a warning about something could become invalid.

Long distance has it's drawbacks.

We should use quantum, like the rest of the universe.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Also subliminal...

1 of my favourite tunes ever, maybe one of the best from the early 90s

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

In a 100 years maybe we get back our first galactic rotten tomato reviews.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Perhaps they're not messages but something far weirder , something to do with the Universe itself and the nature of its reality.

Energy released when our universe bumps up against another universe?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
If it is from an alien species, they probably died out a long, long time ago.

In a galaxy far away.

Unless our limited and highly theoretical understanding of space/time is incorrect across vast distances, as it relates to the speed of light and/or radio signals.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

Interesting fact .

At 110 light-years away from earth — the edge of a radio 'sphere' which contains many star systems — our very first radio broadcasts are beginning to arrive. At 74 light-years away, television signals are being introduced.

So that means we are just being heard ...

Yeah.

Reminds me of contact…

en.wikipedia.org...(1997_American_film)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

LOL that comment got me thinking we are living in the present but always seeing the past , So does that mean we never truly see the here and now ?

Basically true. We can point to the spots in the sky where these bursts originally came from, but even the galaxies have moved since then, so these signals are just ghosts of whatever was there at the time, now long gone.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Now it sounds like a crazy sliding square puzzle (in my simple mind that is), can we process that much information, moving so many variables around over so much timespan, is there any computer out there, maybe we can ask Gus Gorman to make a new computer to solve it

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I thank you my friend

100 million suns in blink of an eye, when we are quantifying in terms of the celestial giant of our own sun, thats some real REAL big energy

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Ouch, I feel so....insecure, or your sun is so fat she got her own gravitational pull.....boooom

edit on 9-1-2019 by UpIsNowDown because: emoji

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
a reply to: Blue Shift

Now it sounds like a crazy sliding square puzzle (in my simple mind that is), can we process that much information, moving so many variables around over so much timespan, is there any computer out there, maybe we can ask Gus Gorman to make a new computer to solve it

I wonder if it could be possible to calculate the relative movements of the stars and galaxies over time that would give us an image of what it really is right now. After all, "now" is "now" no matter where you are in the universe. I wonder what the sky would look like if we could see everything where it actually is.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Assuming the signal came from a 'point' source radiated evenly in a spherical pattern and it took the energy of not just 1 star, but an entire galaxy to produce enough energy for us to even detect at our ultra-remote distance, I'd have to declare it as a 'natural' product of chaotic events in the universe.

Unless it was an ancient alien example of over-the-top new year's fireworks that got out of control.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   
That wouldn't be a reply to our signals sent out, unless it traveled differently? It, if not what's already discussed in post replies being a natural signal, etc., would have to be signals sent out looking for a reply so long ago the civilization ended or advanced beyond this plain.

I blame Annunaki.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

I am a star... I am a star...

Famous monologue from Boogie Nights...

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Really hope it isn't a message saying "Were coming".

Any race that travels a billion and a half years to discover THIS is not going to be amused!

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
! I do love this kind of stuff...!

Mysterious radio signals from deep space detected

"We have discovered a second repeater and its properties are very similar to the first repeater," said Shriharsh Tendulkar of McGill University, Canada.

"This tells us more about the properties of repeaters as a population."
FRBs are short, bright flashes of radio waves, which appear to be coming from almost halfway across the Universe.

So far, scientists have detected about 60 single fast radio bursts and two that repeat. They believe there could be as many as a thousand FRBs in the sky every day.

There are a number of theories about what could be causing them.

They include a neutron star with a very strong magnetic field that is spinning very rapidly, two neutron stars merging together, and, among a minority of observers, some form of alien spaceship

FRB's baby : natural causes ... :'(

I/we/you might be all dead when it happens
but ...what if when !

Egg-head 1 : Um, guys ?!... you remember that thing we laughed about a while back, right .. ?"
Dr Fermi : nooohhhhn, not possible...

So "duck 'n' cover" wouldn't be much use since they'd all have lazers ...!
edit on 9-1-2019 by Cassi3l because: Blu-oo mooo-ooon, you saw me stand-ing alooone...

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Anyone called Buce W. yet ?

a reply to: gb540

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Probably rocks..

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join