It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Will Retire from the Supreme Court in January, 2019

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Personally I think she has already passed or is incapacitated.

From the Article,

Speaking privately, a law clerk says the Justice's Cancer has come out of remission

Editor's Note; We first posted this story in September, 2018. Sadly we were correct, as Justice Ginsburg underwent surgery on December 15th to remove a cancerous growth from her lungs. We are reposting it since so many people contacted us to ask if it was true, which sadly, it is. She did not appear for oral arguments on January 7, 2019, & it is becoming increasingly clear that she will not ever return to the bench.

I can't speak to the source but there it is.

www.smobserved.com...

Who will Trump appoint to take her place?
edit on 9-1-2019 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
She's lived a long and full life. I wish her the best and hope that when she does pass, she's not in any pain.

But it's been obvious for a while now that she is no longer capable of performing the duties of the SCOTUS.

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Your source was called out by Snopes, a (quote, unquote) fact checker, for reporting back in Sept. that RBG's cancer had returned.

Turns out Snopes was wrong (imagine that) and Santa Monica Observer was right.

smobserver.com

Snopes.com, a fact check website closely connected to Google, which famously employs strippers as "fact checkers," called out the Santa Monica Observer as running a "fake news website" and said our story was "false." Will David Mikkelson apologize now?

So, they are probably accurate in posting this.

Somebody needs to physically verify that RBG is actually still alive. Some important SC decisions are coming up. Law clerks should not be temporary SC justices.

edit on 9-1-2019 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2019 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

This article seems to have been initially timed to propel liberal voters to the polls in an effort to win the Senate last November. I honestly don't think it has any bearing in reality aside from it stating RBG is, in fact, sick with cancer again.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Somebody needs to physically verify that RBG is actually still alive. Some important SC decisions are coming up. Law clerks should not be temporary SC justices.

who?
and how?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Ginsburg misses third consecutive day at Supreme Court

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was absent from the bench for a third straight day on Wednesday. Chief Justice John Roberts said Ginsburg was unable to be present for arguments but would participate in deciding Wednesday's case via briefs and transcripts of oral arguments.

How about a teleconference ? Why is she suddenly invisible ?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I don't know.

But, surely there is a verifiable way to do it. It isn't right to say she is working from bed, reading the transcripts, and making decisions, passing them to clerks, then the Court recording her vote.

It may sound crass to suggest it, but somebody needs to do it.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Not seeing any other source with this info just yet, but quite possible.

She is a fighter, hope she can kick caner's butt and live out her last years healthy.

Obviously after this week, the time has come for this.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Who is the next falsely accused rapist?

The next one will probably like to molest little kids..

(post by notsure1 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords
perhaps it is time someone filed?
www.uscourts.gov...

The Judicial Conduct and Disability Act of 1980, 28 U.S.C. §§ 351-364 (link is external) establishes a process by which any person can file a complaint alleging a federal judge has engaged in “conduct prejudicial to the effective and expeditious administration of the business of the courts” or has become, by reason of a mental or physical disability, “unable to discharge all the duties” of the judicial office.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Wishing her well for a life of service in a difficult job.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   

She hired new clerks through 2020. We will see.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Good possibility "they" will use any means necessary to prolong any death "announcements".

In the meantime, I wonder who is actually "acting" on RBG's behalf when paperwork is required?

Something fishy about this whole thing 🐠🐟🐠

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I could see Mr.Trump replacing her with a conservative female judge.

What was that Bill Clinton said about giving them the litmus test before appointing?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MetalThunder
Ginsburg misses third consecutive day at Supreme Court

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was absent from the bench for a third straight day on Wednesday. Chief Justice John Roberts said Ginsburg was unable to be present for arguments but would participate in deciding Wednesday's case via briefs and transcripts of oral arguments.

How about a teleconference ? Why is she suddenly invisible ?

I can't help but thinking of the movie "Weekend at Bernies". I might add both of my parents are her age and to think of either of them having the responsibility on the SCOTUS is maddening.

I don't trust any part of our current government at this time to be on the up and up and to allow her to continue behind closed doors doesn't pass the sniff test. Expecially when the desparation to prevent Trump from appointing another judge is at hysteric levels.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I bet they are scrambling to get a deepfake up and running for her.

Then she can "work from home" until 2020.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Whoever it will be.

They will be accused of raping a gerbil at age 7.

The media circus ensues.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
She is already dead.

they are saving her funeral for a politically opportune time like GHWB.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Who is the next falsely accused rapist?

The next one will probably like to molest little kids..

You forgot to name a sex and race.

I would assume he'll appoint that white chick.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join