It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Border Crossings are Down

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

originally posted by: Propagandalf

Yes and no.

Those are all great deflections however.

It is better to divide the issue than for the masses to realize and come to terms with their complacency.

My god......people might really wake up and take appropriate action..

Sorry, I had no clue what you were getting at. I still don’t understand what I’m deflecting from.

I'm sure that's the case for a lot of people.

Most would rather argue about the results rather than take responsibility for said results.

What am I responsible for, exactly?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Yes and no.

It is better to divide the issue than for the masses to realize and come to terms with their complacency.

Sorry, I had no clue what you were getting at. I still don’t understand what I’m deflecting from.

Most would rather argue about the results rather than take responsibility for said results.

Whether we took action in ballot booth or not, we must come to terms with the fallout of the resulting foriegn policy decisions.

There are folks that want some reciprocity.

You honestly believe what happens in the middle east or wherever stays there?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Yes and no.

Whether we took action in ballot booth or not, we must come to terms with the fallout of the resulting foriegn policy decisions.

I don’t believe that at all. We’re in the clash of civilizations here.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Yes and no.

Whether we took action in ballot booth or not, we must come to terms with the fallout of the resulting foreign policy decisions.

That's a bit over the top, but regardless how did we get to this point?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Yes and no.

Whether we took action in ballot booth or not, we must come to terms with the fallout of the resulting foreign policy decisions.

It’s not over the top. It’s actually an important theory

But I’m not sure I know the answer to the question.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Yes and no.

It’s not over the top. It’s actually an important theory

But I’m not sure I know the answer to the question.

Nice theory....another distraction really, since it's a theory an not an actionable plan.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

I saw that graph in a different report, they said the number of border crossings (with children) where there was either an apprehension or a humanitarian rescue from a failed crossing attempt were actually up.
That might imply that more single males were abandoning their families to finish the crossings leaving them to be rescued.

Is the immigration paperwork that difficult or do these people have criminal records in Mexico?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slichter
a reply to: Propagandalf

I saw that graph in a different report, they said the number of border crossings (with children) where there was either an apprehension or a humanitarian rescue from a failed crossing attempt were actually up.
That might imply that more single males were abandoning their families to finish the crossings leaving them to be rescued.

Is the immigration paperwork that difficult or do these people have criminal records in Mexico?

Trumps EO to restrict asylum to legal points of entry is being challenged in the courts. I’m not quite sure why. They can walk thousands of miles to the boarder, but not to a legal point of entry apparently.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
With the Dems, border security means more agents and additional technology...no wall.

If 10,000 aliens are advancing on your country, how many border agents would it take to stop them, especially if there are women and children included among the invaders? 100? 1000?

What would stop them in their tracks and halt the advance and invasion?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
With the Dems, border security means more agents and additional technology...no wall.

If 10,000 aliens are advancing on your country, how many border agents would it take to stop them, especially if there are women and children included among the invaders? 100? 1000?

What would stop them in their tracks and halt the advance and invasion?

Not too long ago, the opposition was lamenting border security, protesting ICE, the treatment of illegals and so on. The charade was compared to Nazism and fascism. Pictures of children, whether they were trafficked or not, were printed on the front pages. These are the same people who have raised the funding of border security for decades.

A wall doesn’t seperate families, use tear gas, or detain illegals at all.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Surly if illegal boarder crossings have been decreasing with more sophisticated boarder security then that should mean the number of illegal attempts is falling?

Their is nobway I guess to say x number of people have definitely illegally crossed undected. So because of this lack of data you could either say it’s a crisis or a non-issue.

I would be reassured if illegal boarder crossing apprehensions are down with more security because that must mean attempts should be falling.

I don’t see how that is the case. In no way do less arrests mean less crimes are being committed.

Is that not exactly what less arrests means?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   

According to the anti-Trump press, illegal border crossings are down, and therefor there is no crisis at the border, and therefor no wall is required.

The problem is, their metric for determining this is not statistics on illegal border crossings per say, but statistics on illegal border crossing apprehensions. Those who were never apprehended, who instead applied for asylum, or who now otherwise reside illegally in the country, apparently, do not factor into this equation.

It’s true that illegal border crossing apprehensions have dramatically decreased over the past decade. And to be fair, this metric is the only one they have available. But why don’t they just say “illegal border crossing apprehensions are down”, instead of removing a key noun from the phrase?

Though it is still disconcerting to know of the tens of thousands apprehended at the border every month, the concern for many Americans has always been about those illegals who have illegally crossed the southern border, who otherwise evaded capture or gamed the system, and who now reside illegally in the country.

The concern is for the effects that illegal immigration—not illegal immigration apprehensions—has on the country, it’s citizens, it’s sovereignty.

The conflation of illegal border crossing apprehensions and illegal border crossings as such is an obvious straw man.

Border Crossings Have Been Declining for Years, Despite Claims of a ‘Crisis of Illegal Immigration’

Thank you for getting it!

So many people want to forget about the border because they can't see it. Well, I can and I have and it's not pretty.

I can think of 100 reasons to build the wall but if I had t think of 2 democrat approved reasons I would say:

1. Build the wall to stop people from attempting to cross the Sonoran Desert that typically kills them or their children. Or stops a smuggler from raping them on the trail or ditching them after they pay.

2. Build the wall to stop people from leaving trash all over my backyard crossing the border illegally. They seriously leave behind gobs of garbage most of which has to be backpacked out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join