It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Measles Outbreak and What to Know

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Not that I'm for mandatory vaccinations, but if children have to prove they've been vaccinated to attend public school then is it unreasonable to ask that people traveling into the U.S. prove it, too?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Not that I'm for mandatory vaccinations, but if children have to prove they've been vaccinated to attend public school then is it unreasonable to ask that people traveling into the U.S. prove it, too?

Good point. Not just reasonable, but effective! And even necessary if the goal is really herd immunity. How can we have herd immunity if we keep letting unvaccinated strays in?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Seems it would be a great argument for staunch vaccination advocates to take up...if they weren't simultaneously committed to conflicting policies regarding border security.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

There is a list of where one man visited before he was diagnosed with the measles. What about all the other infected people who spread the disease?

26 cases of measles in Washington outbreak, including King County

According to the health department, these are the locations the man visited before he was diagnosed with measles. Anyone who was at the following locations during the times listed could have been exposed to measles:

1/9/19, 7 a.m. - 6 p.m., Lease Crutcher Lewis Boeing 17-88 Construction Site (2400 Perimeter Rd, Auburn WA, 98001)

1/10/19, 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. Lease Crutcher Lewis Boeing 17-88 Construction Site (2400 Perimeter Rd, Auburn WA, 98001)

1/10/19, 6:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m., Mt Rainier High School vs Kentlake High School basketball game @ Kent Lake High School (21401 SE Falcon Way, Kent, WA 98042)

1/11/19, 7 a.m. - 2 p.m., Lease Crutcher Lewis Boeing 17-88 Construction Site (2400 Perimeter Rd, Auburn WA, 98001)

1/12/19, 6:30 - 10:30 p.m., Kent Lake High School vs. Tahoma High School basketball game @ Kent Lake High School (21401 SE Falcon Way, Kent, WA 98042)

1/14/19, 09:55 a.m. - 12:45 p.m., Valley Medical Center- Covington Urgent Care (27500 168th Place SE, Covington, WA 98042)

1/16/19, 10:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m., Multicare Covington Hospital Emergency Department (17700 SE 272nd St, Covington, WA 98042)

If you were at the locations at the times listed above and are not immune to measles, the most likely time you would become sick is between January 16 and February 6, 2019.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   

It's what happens in sanctuary states.

*shrug*

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Was he the one who exposed the entire Portland Trail Blazers game? Someone did that.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   

This OP details exactly why some people do not want the vaccine: it doesn't always work. Not only can you get measles anyway if you're vaccinated, but people whose titers (antibody) levels were measured and strong from the vaccine STILL get it. If you're unlucky enough to not get the measles and then reach adulthood, you could STILL get the measles any time and the measles actually CAN be more serious in adults. So, the fact that I had it as a kid and am immune for life (thank you NATURE) makes me feel a lot safer.....

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: thebtheb

Thank you -- yes! I agree.

My son actually contracted measles from the vaccination, which he then gave to his sister. It was pretty mild as I recall. The chicken pox were far worse.

But my doctor wasn't freaking out, I wasn't freaking out about it, but the county sure was! I didn't understand it then, and don't really understand it now.

I believe the measles cases are close to 200 now? Possibly more? And not one death yet reported. At least those who are going through it will have genuine immunity now. I just can't imagine how unnecessarily scary and worrisome it's been because of this fearmongering.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
And the flu killed 180 children last year (2018), but it isn't on the schedule. And 100-150 children die each year in the US from ATV accidents where their parents willingly put their children in that danger and yet people would be up in arms (literally) if you tried to make that illegal. Vaccine schedules and laws and perception are not statistics based, but feelings based.

I literally ran the numbers (I am a stats guy by trade) based on the WHO adverse vaccine reaction rates and the only disease where you are more likely to have a serious complication from the disease vs the vaccine was pertussus by a small margin. The numbers don't lie. Do they reduce disease occurence? yes, but we are talking actual end result. Did the disease cause harm vs. the vaccine serious adverse reaction rate percentage by population. This was done using the World Healt Org rates.

I am not anti-vax. Just not pro feelings-science. If you are going to mandate vaccines, you cannot ignore outlawing children on ATVs or mandating breastfeeding or outlawing owning dogs as those steps are proven to save many more lives.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join