It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, what facts were correct during Trump's speech?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   
"I know more about immigration than anyone, believe me."
" i know more about Isis than the generals, believe me. "
"I know more about the law than anyone, believe me."
" i know more about the environment than anyone believe me. "
I don't believe you. Because you are a pathological liar.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: hoss53

Cute hyperbole, so where again was he lying in this speech? Because , you know, thats what were talking about

Not your feelings.......

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The senate, congres and Potus are reduced to ..

Let YT auto-play .. play !

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: hoss53

You misspelled Reeeeeeeeee

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Cute hyperbole, so where again was he lying in this speech? Because , you know, thats what were talking about

Not your feelings.......

Didn't watch the speech. To nauseating.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Not your feelings.......

Didn't watch the speech. To nauseating.

So youre commenting on something you didnt watch.........

That sounds about right.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The fact that you would even question that he is literally hitler is proof that you are literally SS and Nazi-kin.... /s

Fun fact, yesterday I was telling two people at the bar that a positive sign of movement on legalization of marijuana and also changing the nature of the war on drugs, prison industrial complex, is that now many conservatives agree on these points, or perhaps enough to swing the debate and relevant policy. One of them immediately got pretty testy saying we never need to work with conservatives again, and we don't need the moderate ones. The other person I know jumped in agreeing, and when I said that I'm not referring to the extremist types or actual racists/Nazis, she practically yelled that I was in fact talking about them and they are all racists/Nazis..

Convo sucked, and it made me lose respect for the woman in question, even though we have a lot of friends in common.

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I think the answer depends on if you support Trump or think he is hitler reincarnated.

Facts sadly seem to be becoming relative to ones political persuasions.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Oh, it's quite simple, most people are brainwashed by the mainstream media. That media, is owned by powerful oligarchic interests that also have most politicians in their pockets (or those politicians are from relevant families).

All of the insane coverage makes me really think there is an ulterior agenda.

originally posted by: samuelsson
a reply to: Sublimecraft

If you supported them before this, chances are this s# show didnt change a thing for her/their supporters. The hipocrisy is astounding..

How tf havent there been more uproar because of the 153bn for foreign aid, yet 5bn for a wall is just ludicrous?

Doesnt this show Americans exactly the crux of the matter?

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

You do realise of course that I wasn’t actually calling Trump a nazi?

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: toms54

Not only that but all the people on this site would be doing an about face to accommodate his new ideology...
True....

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Not only that but all the people on this site would be doing an about face to accommodate his new ideology...
True....

yeah...didnt understand that did ya.....he was talking about the hypocrisy of the democrats......and the only about face would be you and a few others.......

sorry......that was more than a 1 liner.......I hope you can deal with that.......
edit on 1/10/2019 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Why do you make that assumption when every fact check of his statements that has ever been made, has proven that over seventy percent of his statements have either been completely false, or spun so heavily that they may as well have been lies?

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I think the answer depends on if you support Trump or think he is hitler reincarnated.

Good grief, this is one of the best lines I've read on ATS for a while. You're (sadly) spot on here.

Problem is, how do we fix this going forward from here? I genuinely worry about the future in some respects.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Why do you make that assumption when every fact check of his statements that has ever been made, has proven that over seventy percent of his statements have either been completely false, or spun so heavily that they may as well have been lies?

devils advocate.....

Prove anything he said in this last speech as false....

I mean if were going for TRUTH, we dont go off of anything else other than what was said.....

so by all means......please proceed......

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
a reply to: Argen

Trump is correct when he says they have already completed portions of the wall quickly and successfully and have seen it has dropped illegal entry down to nearly 90% in those areas.

Once funding was provided, DHS began construction of a border wall quickly, in some locations in as little as nine months from funding to building – a process that commonly takes two years or more in other parts of Government. By the end of FY 2019, DHS expects to have construction completed or underway for more than 120 miles in the areas it’s most needed by the U.S. Border Patrol. The pace of construction has picked up as initial limiting factors like land acquisition and funding have been addressed.

Department of Homeland Security

DHS is claiming "new" wall when in reality they are tearing down dilapidated section of existing fence and putting in replacement bollard fencing. Check out you own source. If is full of "before " and "after" pictures, that show an old fence and then the new bollard fencing.

Not even DHS is using the word wall. From your own source:

The total length of the U.S.–Mexico border is 1,954 miles; as of August 2017, 705 miles have at least one of four kinds of barriers: pedestrian primary fence, pedestrian secondary fence, pedestrian tertiary fence, and vehicle fence.

As to Trump build new section of wall - sections where there was no wall in 2016 and and now there is a wall - can you find a source for that. Once again, from your source:

According to the General Accounting Office, the amount of primary and vehicle fencing increased fairly dramatically during the latter years of the Bush administration and in the first year or so of the Obama administration. From 2005 to 2010, the total miles of border fencing on the southwest border increased from 119 to 654 — including 354 miles of primary pedestrian fencing and 300 miles of primary vehicle fencing. But after 2010, construction of new fencing came to a virtual halt.

Additionally, from your source:

Brandon Judd, president of the National Border Patrol Council — the labor union that represents U.S. Border Patrol — testified before Congress in April 2017: I will not advocate for 2,000 miles’ worth of border. That is just not necessary. But what I will advocate for is a border wall in strategic locations, which helps us secure the border. . . . The building of barriers and large fences, a bipartisan effort, allowed agents in part to dictate where illegal crossings took place and doubled how effective I was able to be in apprehending illegal border crossers. A wall “is not a panacea to illegal immigration and drug trafficking,” he added in his submitted written testimony. “Illegal immigrants and drug traffickers routinely go over, under, and through the existing fencing that we already have in place. Fencing without the proper manpower to arrest those who penetrate it is not a prudent investment.”

I have seen sources that range from apx. 650 - 700 miles of existing fencing. Sources do not agree. It looks to me like the Trump years have only included repairing and upgrading old sections of existing fences.

I think it is a bit of a stretch for DHS to claim "new" "Wall," when in reality they are replacing old fence with newer fence.

To be fair. if we had 650 miles of fence in 20016 and now we have 700 mile of fence ( the upper limit of fencing I could find doing several searches, then at this rate it will be many many years to get to apx. 2,000 miles at 50 miles per year. And at what cost.

I am not arguing the position on whether a wall is appropriate or not to solve our immigration problems. I am arguing that the DHS source is disingenuous, misleading and reeks of propaganda. We should expect and demand better from the government that we own and operate (at least in theory).

Cheers.

PS - not picking on the poster. Throwing rocks at DHS.

edit on 10-1-2019 by FilthyUSMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

That may be true but only in Bizarro world, where you live.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   

I perceive reality cleanly and I live in the same world you do.

I am just not indoctrinated to lick the boots of fools and bastards in the same manner that some other people around here are. Again, your opinion of me and where I am is irrelevant. The fact is that Trump is well known for making entirely false statements, because he makes them on such a frequent basis, over and above the level that even political figures of recent times have been known for, to such a degree that he has in the short time he has been President, uttered more complete nonsense than Obama and Bush combined.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I said Bizarro world because your statements are often 180 degrees reversed from reality. "I perceive reality cleanly and I live in the same world you do." There it is again.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: FilthyUSMonkey

You are correct and I misstated rather than Trump. My point was that new re-inforced walls do work. Trump is getting his facts from Homeland Security. A continuous wall is illogical across the southern border but specific sectors have been designated by Homeland Security even for the 5 bn requested.

As for time...I imagine it takes longer to remove older barriers and install a new fence/wall than it would be to install a new wall in virgin ground.

From that same link:

The Bottom Line: Walls Work. When it comes to stopping drugs and illegal aliens from crossing our borders, border walls have proven to be extremely effective. Border security relies on a combination of border infrastructure, technology, personnel and partnerships with law enforcement at the state, local, tribal, and federal level. For example, when we installed a border wall in the Yuma Sector, we have seen border apprehensions decrease by 90 percent. In San Diego, we saw on Sunday that dilapidated, decades-old barriers are not sufficient for today’s threat and need to be removed so new – up to 30 foot wall sections can be completed.

I don't see Trump lying...New and better walls have been made, it doesn't matter if they are replacing older sectors.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

I don't know about the cost/benefits of using fencing across the entire border. I imaging they have effect in some places. I think we should concentrate on border security, and quit getting bogged down on a "wall."

That being said I would personally vote give Trump his 5.7 billion to reopen the government. I am thinking that the shutdown has already cost the US at least that much in lost productivity, thousands of hours spent restructuring rents, loans, tax payments, personal anguish, etc. Additionally, the time and delays in buying homes (IRS will not release income statements for loans right now), all sorts of small business deals, and uncertainty of consumers to make major purchases is just not worth the shutdown.

I think the executive and legislative branches need to learn that they must work together for the good of the US, not the good of their next campaign.

One can hope!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join