It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, what facts were correct during Trump's speech?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Heard and have seen a couple that were wrong. How about Schumer being for a wall before Trump came along? Fact or not..

Any others that were ok?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Why don't you, WORD FOR WORD, type out exactly what Trump said on each point, present them here and ask true or false.

I have a suspicion most if not all will be true based on the exact wording.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Argen

The hypocrisy speaks for itself.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Factual about Schumer and many Democrats. Sadly Congress has simply failed America in so many ways. Our immigration laws have been woefully neglected for many years, many issues have been ignored. Social Security has been broken as far as proper funding for as long as I remember. Both sides spend more time and money financing their reelection than they actually spend on governing the Country. At least Trump is forcing them to face these issues that have been around longer than Trump himself. As usual, both parties will again pass the buck, and do nothing.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I think the answer depends on if you support Trump or think he is hitler reincarnated.

Facts sadly seem to be becoming relative to ones political persuasions.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

I can tell you one fact. If Trump got a copy of the Democrat platform they ran on in 2016 and gave a speech saying he was in favor of every item, by the end of the day, the Democrats would be completely opposed to it. Not only that, they would accuse him of racism and claim only Hitler would support those points. Tlaib would call him a melon farmer, Shumer would accuse him of a temper tantrum, and Robert deNiro would want to punch him in the nose.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54
Robert deNiro would want to punch him in the nose.

He'd either need a running start to jump that high or a bending over president to fulfill that desire.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

All of them until you post what he said and source how it is wrong. Which ones were wrong?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Argen
Heard and have seen a couple that were wrong. How about Schumer being for a wall before Trump came along? Fact or not..

Any others that were ok?

Schumer said: “The American people need to know that, because of our efforts in Congress, our border is far more secure today than it was when we began debating comprehensive immigration reform in 2005. This progress includes … construction of 630 miles of border fence that create a significant barrier to illegal immigration on our southern land border.”

In 2006 all the top Dems today voted yea on the bill called "Secure Fence Act" including Obama and Clinton.

In 2009 Schumer said this "Immigration is wrong and that constructing a border wall would provide a “significant barrier to illegal immigration.”

Just a couple of quick looks...

Well we never built that 630 miles of wall or highly secured fence...

So you tell me if Trump facts are correct

edit on 9-1-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

None. They've been listed w the actual facts side by side.

Easy to find

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Trump is correct when he says they have already completed portions of the wall quickly and successfully and have seen it has dropped illegal entry down to nearly 90% in those areas.

Once funding was provided, DHS began construction of a border wall quickly, in some locations in as little as nine months from funding to building – a process that commonly takes two years or more in other parts of Government. By the end of FY 2019, DHS expects to have construction completed or underway for more than 120 miles in the areas it’s most needed by the U.S. Border Patrol. The pace of construction has picked up as initial limiting factors like land acquisition and funding have been addressed.

Department of Homeland Security

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I think the answer depends on if you support Trump or think he is hitler reincarnated.

which represents you and the likes of you

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

None. They've been listed w the actual facts side by side.

Easy to find

You mean the ones that read like...

T: Apples are red.

X: That is false because Apples are FRUITS and Oranges are fruits! Oranges are ORANGE! He's lying!
edit on 9-1-2019 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Saw that , he was spot on with every one!!

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Exactly, like when Pelosi stated as fact that vets are not being paid, yet in the comments sections on YT (see screenshot / link below) and twitter, vets are saying they are being paid.

www.youtube.com...

How anyone can support the democrats after the chuck & nancy cluster-rebuttal-flux is beyond me - that was a frightening display of muppetry.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

If you supported them before this, chances are this s# show didnt change a thing for her/their supporters. The hipocrisy is astounding..

How tf havent there been more uproar because of the 153bn for foreign aid, yet 5bn for a wall is just ludicrous?

Doesnt this show Americans exactly the crux of the matter?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Yeah but it's still under construction. That's why the billion he got last time still is unspent. Contractors don't get paid until the job is finished.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

They looked a little stiff if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Now to be fair I don’t know if the vets are or are not being paid however I do know that anyone can claim they’re a vet being paid in a YT comments page. The comments page of YT is not a source I would use. If they are being paid (again I am not claiming to know one way or the other) I would think it would be easy enough to find a reliable source from the department of veteran affairs.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

There we go, I knew someone could find something...as to finding out if any numbers or percentages are correct, who knows. Just to many ways to interpret them.

Like if they really know how much of any drugs was getting across....they can't know, it got across undetected

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join