It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to tax money sent out of America

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Taxing money that has already been taxed happens all the time already!

I think money leaving the country should be taxed, this might slow down some of the foreign tax havens that corporations and the insanely wealthy keep sending their money to.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I was a George's international market last weekend and in that grocery store there is a western union office.
I watched as a line of Mexican men got up to the window and pulled out wads of cash and sent it to I assume there family in mexico.

Now if a person has a job and gets their paycheck with all those wonderful taxes like social security removed and wants to send money out of the country, well knock yourself out.
But ....
If this is cash from under the table employment or illegal drug activity or whatever source, why not tax this money?

Say 25 to 30 percent tax.

This would not effect anyone with a legit job.

Fund the wall!

Make it 75% and I'll agree with you.

Hell, 85%.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: BomSquad

Taxing money that has already been taxed happens all the time already!

I think money leaving the country should be taxed, this might slow down some of the foreign tax havens that corporations and the insanely wealthy keep sending their money to.

The "insanely wealthy" aren't wiring cash to other countries. That's a whole other issue altogether.

And just because we are already double and triple taxed six ways to Sunday doesn't mean it's okay to add yet another one to the list!

Cash transactions wired out of country should be taxed. Period. Why is that so tough to understand?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

I was only pointing out that money gets taxed multiple times, I wasn't trying to justify it. I also agree that money leaving the country should be taxed. I am only saying that ALL money leaving the country should be taxed, no matter the source.

It doesn't have to be a high, punitive tax, but it should be something.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze
I agree it's not fair for them to be here illegally, me doubly so because I paid so much to go through legal process.

Makes me very upset every time I think about it.

I agree with you 100% That is one of the major problems that I have with illegal immigration. It penalizes the people who do follow the laws. I agree that our immigration laws are messed up and need to be changed. The problem is that the people that you paid to go through the legal process don't want to be put out of business so they fight any changes. I wish you and your family the best.

YES it is ILLEGAL immigration.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Ahahahaha. Liberals think tax bracket should be 70%, but get all mad when someone proposes taxing money wired out of the country.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Ahahahaha. Liberals think tax bracket should be 70%, but get all mad when someone proposes taxing money wired out of the country.

Ahahahahaha. HAHA. Conservatives (fake ones) think they should minimize the amount of taxes, except when its to target Mexicans, because conservatives don't like Mexicans.

Yeah, this post looks just as stupid as yours.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   

thanks for making me see the flaws in my statement, it made me realize how pointless and unfair it would be.

i should know better to actually read what people are saying, now that i properly have i got to ask, how would such a thing even work?

i mean the people involved in such things are usually trying to profit while avoiding paying taxes to evade the law, so it seems kind of pointless to me.
edit on 9-1-2019 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: toolgal462

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I specifically said that anyone with a legit job paying taxes will not be charged.
This only effects people working illegal job and I dont give a damn what they think.

Ahhh so as well as you knowing what these Mexicans were up to at the window you now also know their immigration status.

Listen, when they are sending CASH out of country and pay for their grocercies with a tax payer funded debit card then it's fair to say they are doing something illegal and taking advantage of those of us who do things legally.

And how do we know that’s exactly what these Mexicans at the bank where doing??

No man, that's what they MUST be doing because they are Mexicans.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
OP, I believe you have set a new world record for creating false assumptions in this thread.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
OP, I believe you have set a new world record for creating false assumptions in this thread.

I made one assumption.
That was where the money was being sent.
I made absolutely no claim anywhere that these men were illegals or sending untaxed money.

I stated very clearly that if the money was gotten through gainful "taxed" employment then its there to do whatever they want.

If one is a world record then you must have some low standards.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

You would find a way round that easy by putting money onto a pre-pay card instead of western union or buying gold etc and posting it or simply posting it in a book .

We have the same problem in Europe and the UK with the money flowing back to Poland or Romania

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Just closing a loophole is enough incentive in my book.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   

America is lost the tax system is way to complex and unjust and a country of only 300+ million in a vast area like America with the resources it has or had ! is lunacy in my book ,

The statue of liberty is there for a reason ,America was built on immigration and should be looking at what skills those people have and could bring to a country to make it great again .

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

American was built on slavery and women not voting too.
Things change.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Things change.

Wrong and wrong. What a stupid historical lenses you see through.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Things change.

I was watching a documentary the other night about the growth in China and the building boom going on and how cities are merging together with super fast connections by rail , they have moved into a super power in 40 years by being united in a one party system with a vision unlike in the west where we change our minds every 4 years .

We in the west taught them all our tricks and now they use it against us

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon

Things change.

Wrong and wrong. What a stupid historical lenses you see through.

If you say so.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   

At least the politicians in America look better than our former Foreign secretory namely this fellow
and he wants to be PM

A former prime minister was caught on the common dressed as MIRANDA
It;s all bread and circus in the west www.imdb.com... i wonder where they got the idea

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462
I agree with this and would also add that automated Wall Street transactions and trading also deserve to be taxed.

I second this.
You have people comparing American wages to the wages the poor make in other countries in order to show how much better off they are.

But that difference is not realized if Americans have to spend their money in this country that has a high cost of living.
An Indian or South American can send their paycheck home where housing and medical is 25% of what it is in this country.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join