It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to tax money sent out of America

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I specifically said that anyone with a legit job paying taxes will not be charged.
This only effects people working illegal job and I dont give a damn what they think.

Ahhh so as well as you knowing what these Mexicans were up to at the window you now also know their immigration status.

Listen, when they are sending CASH out of country and pay for their grocercies with a tax payer funded debit card then it's fair to say they are doing something illegal and taking advantage of those of us who do things legally.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

I specifically said that anyone with a legit job paying taxes will not be charged.
This only effects people working illegal job and I dont give a damn what they think.

Ahhh so as well as you knowing what these Mexicans were up to at the window you now also know their immigration status.

Listen, when they are sending CASH out of country and pay for their grocercies with a tax payer funded debit card then it's fair to say they are doing something illegal and taking advantage of those of us who do things legally.

And how do we know that’s exactly what these Mexicans at the bank where doing??

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied
TL;DR version: Don't be Mexican and use Western Union otherwise you may be mistaken for an illegal or drug lord that doesn't pay taxes because, well you're Mexican and you're using Western Union.

Absurd. Mind ya godammned business.

Yea, they should use crypto.

link   

TL;DR version: Don't be Mexican and use Western Union otherwise you may be mistaken for an illegal or drug lord that doesn't pay taxes because, well you're Mexican and you're using Western Union.

I am minding my business.
That's why I suggest tracking the cash leaving the county. I dont give a damn whoa sending the money, only where it came from and if they pay the taxes on the money.

link   

I agree with this and would also add that automated Wall Street transactions and trading also deserve to be taxed.

I'm only concerned about taxing money that under current laws would be taxed. Not sure how wallstreet would fit that ideaa.

The money I'm talking about is untaxed payroll.

Please, high volume traders with bots doing thousands of transactions a day are gaming the market. It isn't fair to the rest of of us investors who are trying to get a measly few bucks for our retirements and everyone knows it.

Even a single penny tax per transaction would probably generate significant revenue (although I haven't done the math). Hell, I am all for more than a penny anyway.

High volume traders should be taxed significantly. Or that type of trading should be reigned in somehow.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I don't, but I'm advoating for taxing CASH transactions wired out of the country. Problem solved.
edit on 9-1-2019 by toolgal462 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I believe the OP is talking about Western Union or the like.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

That's why I suggest tracking the cash leaving the county. I dont give a damn whoa sending the money, only where it came from and if they pay the taxes on the money.

So you’re saying then you want your government to monitor your bank account to track any cash that could be illegally moving out of the country or improperly taxed?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

By the way, I don't think this is about Mexicans. It's about CASH transactions, no matter who does this.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

So you’re saying then you want your government to monitor your bank account to track any cash that could be illegally moving out of the country or improperly taxed?

They already do under a work visa.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Taxation is theft.

These poor people come here and work hard only to have the government steal it from them?

Shame.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
These illegals and regular immigrants are already getting substandard wages for their work. I can't see taxing them anymore. Tax the people who benefit by their services more, tax the businesses and people who benefit by their substandard wages somehow.

Funny, I just replied to another post of yours asking to give more to immigrants.

Not Your Average Joe’s restaurant in Norwell, MA hired me as a chef with the promise I would get 40 hours a week. I was hired to relieve two main chefs who were working 80 hours a week and couldn’t handle it anymore. My starting pay was $11.50 in 2008. After a month of only receiving 20 hours a week, I asked why I wasn’t getting the 40 I was promised. I was informed that the Brazilian guys were part of a work program to help them assimilate, which provided a subsidy to the restaurant in the form of matched pay. I found out these guys were making $16-18 an hour, because the restaurant only had to pay about half of that. So when these guys went passed 40 hours, the restaurant only had to pay out $12-14 an hour when they were getting paid time and a half. I was given a raise in the hopes that would satisfy me with the lack of hours. After 2 years, those guys had ranches and rental apartments in Brazil, where they’ve been since 2010, retired.

So please, tell me why there should be any breaks given.
edit on 9-1-2019 by Drucifer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

The government has loads of regulations for wire transfers between banks. Lots of oversight.
This is about wiring cash out of the country which is a possible form of money laundering.
Nothing to do with your bank account.

These folks can deposit their cash in a bank, get a cashier check and mail it or have the bank wire it to a bank out of the country too.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I said nothing about bank accounts.

I said I think that CASH transactions wired out of the country should be taxed. And I said nothing about "Mexicans" or any other group either.

It isn't this tough. It doesn't involve anyone having to look at your pay stubs or monitoring your bank account. What are you finding so hard to understand?
edit on 9-1-2019 by toolgal462 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Lots of people support criminal activity. I bet they complain when it hits them though.

Some are probably the criminals.

edit on 1/9/2019 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
this is the problem with us Americans, we always without fail come up with complicated solutions to simple problems and in the end it usually either makes things pointlessly expensive and cumbersome or no solution is ever actually reached, either way we end up with ineffective bloated programs that makes life more difficult for everyone involved.

the solution here is simple, tax ALL money leaving the country whether the person sending the money is American or non-american period, conditions just lead to unfair discrimination.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

Why would you tax money that's already been taxed?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Why would you tax money that's already been taxed?

Agree with you, which is why I keep saying "CASH transactions" wired out of country.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer

originally posted by: rickymouse
These illegals and regular immigrants are already getting substandard wages for their work. I can't see taxing them anymore. Tax the people who benefit by their services more, tax the businesses and people who benefit by their substandard wages somehow.

Funny, I just replied to another post of yours asking to give more to immigrants.

Not Your Average Joe’s restaurant in Norwell, MA hired me as a chef with the promise I would get 40 hours a week. I was hired to relieve two main chefs who were working 80 hours a week and couldn’t handle it anymore. My starting pay was $11.50 in 2008. After a month of only receiving 20 hours a week, I asked why I wasn’t getting the 40 I was promised. I was informed that the Brazilian guys were part of a work program to help them assimilate, which provided a subsidy to the restaurant in the form of matched pay. I found out these guys were making $16-18 an hour, because the restaurant only had to pay about half of that. So when these guys went passed 40 hours, the restaurant only had to pay out $12-14 an hour when they were getting paid time and a half. I was given a raise in the hopes that would satisfy me with the lack of hours. After 2 years, those guys had ranches and rental apartments in Brazil, where they’ve been since 2010, retired.

So please, tell me why there should be any breaks given.

That sucks, we are penalized for being citizens.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

And the source of the problem is lobbyists. It's why we have so many versions based on who and what.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join