It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A wall USA wins, not a wall USA wins bigger

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Will building a wall stop the illegals from entering America, no. Will it make a difference, yes. Building a wall wall along the southern boarder is not the best use of American money. It is the fastest and easiest way to get results. I have read many studies in the cost of illegal immigration, the highest study I read is 130 Billion. There are other studies which have the cost lower. In this case it really doesn’t matter. A wall would keep some people out so finding a wall will keep it out of funding new illegals, so the wall will pay for itself. It’s not the best use of funds. In the last couple of congresses, have you seen a bill, from either party, to address how to keep illegals out? So if the Orange Man bad politicians want to come.together and propose other means to stop illegals just to show trump what’s up, that’s even better. America wins with a wall, America really wins with implementing technology. Is Trump using the Art of the Deal to make America better or did he just stumble in to this....

On a more important side note. Neither side has really said how they are going to get rid if all the criminals who are in this county illegally. Alas, that’s another post

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The problem is the politicians, especially the dems, don’t really want to stop illegals.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyJeans
The problem is the politicians, especially the dems, don’t really want to stop illegals.

Bollocks

But say it like a fact though anyway and watch all the rest of the alt-right trump supporters pat you on the back like you have just made some profound statement of fact.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Locks do not keep thieves from breaking into your house. Locks and doors keep the honest man honest.

The same with the wall, it should be considered a priviledge to come here where there is work and live, but if it is easier to break the law and sneak in, then that makes criminals of good people. These good illegal immigrants have to worry about getting deported if they even disagree with someone, they are being suppressed. They may have to join a gang to feel protected and become something they do not want to be.

I think we should build the wall to stop immigrants from becoming criminals and suppressed because they are afraid of getting caught. Give them hope of going up the ladder in this world instead of being stuck cleaning homes, doing yardwork, working at substandard jobs for cash, and working for less than they should be getting.

It is immoral to create this division of the people where hispanic people have no real rights and less pay because they cannot afford to get residency or citizenship. We must stop the influx of illegals coming in and then streamline our immigration policies to help these people get here legally without accumulating lots of debt or being completely broke all the time they are trying to get legal. We must get rid of the expensive lawyers costs and start an agency that can help these people directly. There are a lot of lawyers making lots of money off these people, I am saying cut their paychecks off, a legal team done by our government can hire people cheaper with one lawyer for each twenty or more workers overseeing the immigration. Immigration should be socialized, not utilize for profit lawyers.

The wall, fence, whatever it is should be built to steer people to access points. There is some wall already there, we just need to increase the amount of wall to make it reasonable.

I think that the Democrats are actually forcing suppression on the immigrants, especially the illegal ones, causing them to work for way less than what our citizens are getting. This bias is not good, if these illegals are desired in California, they should get the proper wage, this profiting off of cheap labor needs to stop.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
130 billion??? Peanuts. What about the 21 trillion (from what I can find is best estimate) that's vanished into the military industrial complex? Why aren't people shouting from the rooftops about that figure.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Maybe.

I’m not a trump supporter, and I’m not sure it’s a fact. But it doesn’t seem too far off.

If trump is for something, they are against it.

Look at Elizabeth Warren donating her salary.

Look at EU. It’s not a stretch to think there are politicians that would rather follow that model.

Other western counties are doing it why wouldn’t we have politicians looking to do the same?

I used to think it was right wing conspiracy tripe too... but it’s looking to be more accurate.

And yes, I think the wall is a huge waste of money.

a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

On the phone and eating dinner right now but I have seen literally hundreds of articles with democrats calling for relaxing immigration policy,for allowing more rights to illegals etc.

Are you sure you understood what you were responding to?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

It is my impression that Trump stumbles into just about everything. Stumbles into and through.
And my proposal for a way to curb illegal immigration is to place all the penalties on those who employ them.
A company or person that hires an illeagal alien should have their business seized immediately and sold off at auction to someone else who will not hire people who are here illegally.

This side of illegal immigration is almost never discussed in the equation. Why I wonder.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Well, a growing portion of the leftist politicians are calling for open borders.

So you can deny it all you want, it's not going to make it less true.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Locks do not keep thieves from breaking into your house. Locks and doors keep the honest man honest.

The same with the wall, it should be considered a priviledge to come here where there is work and live, but if it is easier to break the law and sneak in, then that makes criminals of good people. These good illegal immigrants have to worry about getting deported if they even disagree with someone, they are being suppressed. They may have to join a gang to feel protected and become something they do not want to be.

I think we should build the wall to stop immigrants from becoming criminals and suppressed because they are afraid of getting caught. Give them hope of going up the ladder in this world instead of being stuck cleaning homes, doing yardwork, working at substandard jobs for cash, and working for less than they should be getting.

I think that the Democrats are actually forcing suppression on the immigrants, especially the illegal ones, causing them to work for way less than what our citizens are getting. This bias is not good, if these illegals are desired in California, they should get the proper wage, this profiting off of cheap labor needs to stop.

As someone who grew up dirt poor, it would have been easier for me to either get welfare assistance or to join some of my friends in their illegal activities to get money. The whole bit of a barrier making good people turn criminal is BS. “Oh it’s not their fault they had to join a gang”

I’m thankful to have worked with immigrants who I learned true work ethic from. Because of that work ethic, I have a great job now. No one promised me a better future or a job I “deserved” more. In fact, those same immigrants who taught me that work ethic BAILED as soon as they purchased farms in Brazil. They came here supposedly to become citizens, made their money (which cost me to lose hours as they were part of a subsidy that matched their pay in order to help assimilate them on the idea they were staying here). There are already incentives for them to come work here legally and those are knowingly being abused. There wasn’t one manager in that restaurant that didn’t know what was going on, but their overhead dropped and they had dedicated workers, so they win too.

Funny, though. I don’t think there was a program available to me, a US citizen, that would not only find a job for me, but give that company a subsidy for hiring me. I mean, hell, I had to leave my house at 13 to get away from abuse and constant threat of physical violence, how am I any different, except that I didn’t have a place to send my paycheck to to build a farm/buy rental properties to retire on?

The illegals are desired BECAUSE of their cheap labor and willingness to do it.
edit on 9-1-2019 by Drucifer because: They’re, there, their.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

You are 100% correct. Two glaring examples are San Francisco and Los Angeles. Total democratic rule. Especially L.A.
Chicago also comes to mind.
These cities combined have over 60,000 homeless people, yet their mayors consider sanctuary for illegals the biggest issue. Not crime, not economic conditions, not veterans. Illegal immigrants. They put the welfare of illegals above that of their own citizens.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Bollocks

But say it like a fact though anyway and watch all the rest of the alt-right trump supporters pat you on the back like you have just made some profound statement of fact.

It is a fact. It isn't alt-right propaganda. Not only do dems NOT want to stop illegals, they want to let them vote, obtain driver's licenses, and even give them millions of dollars in legal aid to fight deportment proceedings.

In California:
Just last week, Brown also approved a “sanctuary state” law that essentially shields the 2.35 million illegal immigrants living in the state from the Trump administration's new rules by limiting, and in some cases prohibiting, cooperation between local law enforcement officials and federal immigration authorities. There are exceptions for people who committed certain offenses.

The state budget signed by Democratic Gov. Jerry Brown over the summer included nearly $50 million over three years to provide free legal advice to immigrants in deportation proceedings. The budget also includes measures to block spending that would help grow the size of immigrant detention centers in the state

NBC News

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Bollocks

Dems do not declare dem run cities as sanctuaries because they want illegals to stay away, do they? Of course not. Why publicly declare your city is a sanctuary for illegal aliens if you really want to stop them from entering the country?

But since that flies in the face of your agenda and derails your little logic train just say it isn't so and watch the rest of the lefties pat you on the back like you just made some profound statement of fact. /puke

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
To say there is no proof of Democrats aiding ILLEGALS coming here and staying here is naive. OFFICIAL sanctuary cities is enough to get the argument started. Elected officials screaming for "immigration reform" is another. Our immigration system isn't broken. It might be too expensive, but not broken. We allow almost 2 MILLION people into this country every year who USED THE FRONT DOOR, instead of breaking in through our windows. What the democrats really mean by "immigration reform" is not securing borders and making it easier for anyone to simply show up get an ID and vote democrat.

I work is a school system and the burden put on just this little district by them is staggering for our tax base, I can only imagine districts in the southwest and Texas. No one is or has ever said America should close its borders and no one is allowed in...but democrats will try to sell you that ocean front property in Nebraska daily.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
trump doesn't care about border security or he would have taken the 25 billion.

the great negotiator - it's so damn funny...

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
This problem is deep and multi-leveled. The first step is to build the Wall. It can be a literal wall in places, technology in other places, heavy border guards in other places.

But, the Southern Border is a place that MUST have a literal wall in places. Like the wheel, some things just work over many millennia. Stop the massive "leak" first, then tackle the solutions to a permanent fix.

That is step #1. The other 99 steps can be tackled after that.

Donald Trump is a true problem solver. Let him solve this problem. Everybody before him paid lip service to the border security issue. But, everybody before him either didn't know how to do it, or their special interests pulled their strings. I really think Trump just wants to solve the problem. As I have said before, he is the one that can do it, on time and under budget. The Dems don't want this optic.

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." Lao Tzu

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

People follow the path of least resistance. Direct them to a gate and they will use it.

If Democrats were honest they would plan and seek to overhaul immigration infrastructure along with the legal system itself.
edit on 1 9 2019 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

when you were President, how did you deal with all this?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

oh lord...

lmao

<<   2 >>

join