It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everybody fights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Putting this here because it's motivational - which is healthy

Everybody wants to be great. But not everybody wants to do what it takes to be great.

Because being great is painful. Being great takes fighting. Fighting every moment, of every day against anything that gets in the way of you and your dream.

When life knocks you down you have to ask yourself, am I going to stay down? Or am I going to get back up and fight?

Let fighting be your first choice. The choice to take and throw some punches, because the fight doesn’t even start until you want to quit. So what are you going to do about it? Are you going to throw the first punch?

Fighting is not a sport, it’s a spirit, a spirit that awakens a champion deep down inside all of us and gives us that extra something that we didn’t have yesterday. It’s the spirit of hope. It’s the spirit that reminds us that success is not defined by wins or losses, it’s defined by a relentless will to fight despite the odds, despite the circumstances, despite anything in our way.

So stop doubting yourself and be the champion you were born to be. Because it doesn’t matter what anyone thinks. The truth is, if you wake up every day whether it’s a good day, or a bad day, and you choose to fight… you will win. And on that day, it doesn’t matter what anyone says to you, because on that day, no one can ever say that you didn’t have the fight in you.

So remember, let fighting be our first choice. Use the fight for anything and everything that matters – Love, happiness, hope, healing, justice, freedom! Fight for others who can’t fight for themselves! Although we may not understand everybody’s fight, we all understand what it’s like to fight for something we believe in.

Fighters get hurt, fighters bleed, fighters get knocked down, fighters cry. Fighters always get back up no matter how many times it takes.

So let your fear make you brave, let your wounds be your badge and let your pain make you proud because that’s the only way you know you’re a fighter.

Stand up and fight.
And I’ll stand up with you.
And others will stand up with us.

Everybody fights.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I'm not a fighter, I would rather use wisdom, research, and hard work to accomplish what I am trying to do. I learn from others everyday and use that knowledge I accumulated over a lifetime to help me and others to survive. Necessary risk is unavoidable but that does not mean you have to take unnecessary risks.

A friend of mine mentioned when I picked up eggs from him that "Getting old is not for woosies". it is a battle to keep on trucking sometimes and analyzing risk as you go is essential.

Battling is different from fighting, it is good to keep up resistance to keep on the right path both in civility and in health. Learning stimulates a need for further learning to be able to comprehend things correctly. Fear and anger can destroy a person's life, many people try to promote fear these days to control us and profit from us and I do not like that. Those who promote fear make me chuckle because they are not very smart in their methods most times, I can easily see through what they are trying to do but still have to research to see what truth exists in their claims that form their strategy, often a lie contains some truth to make people believe it.

Maybe Fight might not be the proper word skorpigirl, sometimes fighting is necessary but most times gaining confidence can be the best choice if it is based on a real and pertinent path.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

"Live for the fight when it's all that you've got..."

Those lyrics have gotten me through many difficult times. Sometimes we've just gotta put on our armor of God and go fight the good fight. My only advice is to choose your battles carefully.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

You've taken this too literally...

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpiogurl

Ohh. I know I am Finn, but I do learn from being told just once sometimes.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

No No
I think you need to be told twice - two times.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpiogurl

No No
I think you need to be told twice - two times.

Well, actually I am a guy so yes, I suppose I have to be told twice. Maybe being a Finn has nothing to do with it.

new topics

top topics

join