It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

29 Facts About the Border and Mexican Cartels we all need to Know

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
OK, I want a wall where it will work. I want a wall so as to get a grip on crime. Obviously they will not build a wall along the river. So if you are left or right of center or up down, we all can think for ourselves and do the right thing . Right?

Please read on the following and think about it; especially the morphing of the legalization of hooch into the hard core stuff. Also we need to rescue Mexico. Will a wall also help Mexico and its citizens defeat crime or control it? I don't want anyone from any country to suffer but all else has failed for decades. Feel free to comment.

www.breitbart.com...

As the debate about the construction of a wall and other border security issues, here are 29 facts that you need to know. The topics came up during the most recent episode of “Coffee with Scott Adams.” Brandon Darby, the Managing Editor for Breitbart’s Border and Cartel Chronicles, sat down with the famed creator of the Dilbert comics to discuss the intricacies of border security.

edit on 9-1-2019 by Waterglass because: typo

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

29) The State Department keeps U.S. law enforcement from being more aggressive against cartels. The State Department has everything to do with how law enforcement and intelligence agencies operate in Mexico–and any effort to secure the border without addressing the Department’s timidity in Mexico will likely fail or be less successful than it otherwise could be.

Tru Dat!

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Really good information there. Everyone should read this. If after they still believe we don't need a wall in these places, there is nothing more anyone can say to make them understand. Their controllers would be the only way they will accept it. Any intelligent being could see the issues outlined in that post and acknowledge the logic behind what Trump is trying to do.

What's more upsetting is that those opposed to this with friends and family with a serious drug problem doesn't look at this and rally for this cause.
edit on 9-1-2019 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   

It would appear to be quite an unbiased source there....oh wait just looking at the comments on another article regarding Samuel Jackson and his views on Trump

here are some of the most unbiased replys i could find

"AMEN! We do not watch any movies that cast these people in leading roles! It's a shame that every white person in an AD today must have a Black person belittling them? Look at Maxine Waters, Shelia Jackson Lee and most of the Blacks in the Democrat Party? Course, now you have Ocasio-Cortez and the Palestinian/Detroit/MotherF--ker lowlife's."

Stupid libs don't know that they show their stupidity because they are too stupid to know that they're stupid- like Slumuanal and Obama Asol lite.

Jackson is black. The problem isn't "Hollywood." It's blacks.

They're like that in the North and everywhere else, too. Horrible race of people. Blacks are so violent, it's unbelievable. I've had my life threatened by these brutes on any number of occasions

He's a prime example why the black culture struggles to get respect. They just haven't developed the capacity to keep their vileness in check.

and just for triggered giggles

"I mute the tv and look away when his Capital One credit card commercials are on", I thought only leftists could be triggered in such a way

all comments from following article from unbiased OP source

29 facts from a website which has no issue with overt racism by its commentators....not for me thanks
edit on 9-1-2019 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
More to add...

18) After marijuana decriminalization in the U.S., cartels shifted to increase their cultivation of poppies and the production of black tar heroin. In order to compete with the Asian product, cartels use fentanyl–playing a role in the current opioid overdose epidemic.

We DO know that we're having a big fentanyl overdose issue in the US and have been for a handful of years. The media has been reporting on the side effects of this issue for a couple of years now. Now that the truth is out, no one wants to report on the source of the problem, only the problem of innocent people dying to this cartel induced disease.

19) The U.S. State Department influences how hard authorities crack down on cartels. U.S. agencies have been told to “measure their law enforcement priorities with the State Department’s diplomatic concerns.”

20) A cartel’s power in Mexico comes not from kingpins, but from politicians, financiers, lawyers, and money launderers. U.S. authorities and diplomats routinely focus on kingpins such as “El Chapo” and his lieutenants, but never go after the rest of the circle.

THIS... This right here... Are the Dem's pushing against the idea of a secure border, a wall, part of this Cartel? Are our elected officials knowingly part of this tragedy? Responsible?

I say YES. If you're against it, then your for these Cartels and what they're doing. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the people against this wall are the ones responsible for these Cartels and making money off of it.

This is an act of WAR - we should fly over and drop bombs on the Cartels. That would stop them.

Too much to say about this but you get the idea of where I'm going and where I stand.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Since we’re talking facts here, it’s a fact that a wall won’t do much of anything to stop the drugs that are coming in from the south. Because the drugs aren’t coming in to America through people hiking through the desert, they’re coming in through legal points of entry in vehicles.

A wall alone cannot stop the flow of drugs into the United States,” Christopher Wilson, deputy director of the Mexico Institute at the Wilson Center, previously told me. “If we’re talking about a broader increase in border security, there could be some — probably minor — implications for the overall numbers of drugs being trafficked. But history shows us that border enforcement has been much more effective at changing the when and where of drugs being brought into the United States rather than the overall amount of drugs being brought into the United States.”

Link

What they do is send a obvious small shipment, say 5 kilos in a car with the purpose of getting caught. And while all the attention is on the “large” shipment of 5 kilos the real shipment of 50 kilos behind them gets waved on through.

And that’s only one way. They use tunnels, torpedos attached to the bottom of ships, submersibles, and fishing boats. And we haven’t even touched on the biggest way drugs get into this country, in shipping containers through our seaports.

Only 5 percent of the containers shipped to U.S. ports are physically inspected, and that number is even lower in Europe.

Link

Only 5% of incoming cargo into this country is physically inspected.

Let that sink in while you ponder whether or not the wall will really effect the drug trade in any meaningful way.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
What's more upsetting is that those opposed to this with friends and family with a serious drug problem doesn't look at this and rally for this cause.

The whole drug smuggling angle, is the single most ridiculous and naive argument supporters of the wall have.

Firstly, look at the vast quantity of illegal narcotics that are consumed in the US every year. Logic dictates that only a tiny percentage of the total amount that gets smuggled into the US, could possibly be transported 3 days across the desert by foot.

Secondly, even if you were going to entertain the idea that a wall would temporarily slow down the amount of illegal narcotics coming across the southern border... All it would actually achieve, is the price of illegal drugs to go up, which would then just give the cartels the incentive to flood the US with even more drugs than they were in the first place.

Like, fair enough if you support the wall and believe it could prevent certain illegal activities... But try doing at least 20 minutes of resource into the failed 'war on drugs', before making the ridiculously ignorant claim about how a wall could solve or even reduce the supply of illegal drugs.
edit on 9-1-2019 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Hmmmm....

Not the most independent of sources you used there OP

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Facts and Breitbart? LMFAO. Facts and Trump? Even funnier. This article is anything BUT FACTUAL. It is more spin designed to embolden the Trump sheep! Nothing more nothing less.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

It would appear to be quite an unbiased source there....oh wait just looking at the comments on another article regarding Samuel Jackson and his views on Trump

here are some of the most unbiased replys i could find

"AMEN! We do not watch any movies that cast these people in leading roles! It's a shame that every white person in an AD today must have a Black person belittling them? Look at Maxine Waters, Shelia Jackson Lee and most of the Blacks in the Democrat Party? Course, now you have Ocasio-Cortez and the Palestinian/Detroit/MotherF--ker lowlife's."

Stupid libs don't know that they show their stupidity because they are too stupid to know that they're stupid- like Slumuanal and Obama Asol lite.

Jackson is black. The problem isn't "Hollywood." It's blacks.

They're like that in the North and everywhere else, too. Horrible race of people. Blacks are so violent, it's unbelievable. I've had my life threatened by these brutes on any number of occasions

He's a prime example why the black culture struggles to get respect. They just haven't developed the capacity to keep their vileness in check.

and just for triggered giggles

"I mute the tv and look away when his Capital One credit card commercials are on", I thought only leftists could be triggered in such a way

all comments from following article from unbiased OP source

29 facts from a website which has no issue with overt racism by its commentators....not for me thanks

And nowhere in your long, rambling and deflecting screed did you once address the actual points.

Regardless of who wrote it what's your opinion on the facts presented?

Any thoughts at all?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
When I read “britebart” and “facts” in the same sentence I feel the same way as when I hear the words “ear-wax” and “jelly” used in the same sentence ......they just don’t sound like they belong together
edit on 9-1-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
If the Dems and their sheep are so convinced that the wall wont/doesnt work why not allocate the money Trump is asking for.

It's a win win for them if they actually believe what they say.

If it doesnt work they will be able to use the waste of money and ineffectiveness in the 2020 campaign.

Give him the money, sit back and laugh and get a Democrat elected in '20.

Easy.

Wonder why they have no interest in doing that.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Facts =/ = Breitbart

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Then what about this? The word border as in Mexican border came up 13 times.

www.dea.gov...

Statement of Paul E. Knierim Deputy Chief of Operations, Office of Global Enforcement Drug Enforcement Administration Before the Subcommittee on Border Security and Immigration Committee on the Judiciary United States Senate Decem ber 12, 2018

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
It does matter what you say or show... 'These' people are simply hypocrites. It's THAT simple.

Can't get better proof than this.... Yet, they still wont believe it. phahaha!

Best one yet!

edit on 9-1-2019 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Carcharadon

Sure. They seem to be in line with the following report by the United Sates Drug Enforcement Agency;

www.dea.gov...

STATEMENT OF PAUL E. KNIERIM DEPUTY CHIEF OF OPERATIONS OFFICE OF GLOBAL ENFORCEMENT DRUG ENFORCEMENT ADMINISTRATION U.S. DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE BEFORE THE SUBCOMMITTEE ON BORDER SECURITY AND IMMIGRATION COMMITTEE ON THE JUDICIARY UNITED STATES SENATE FOR A HEARING ENTITLED “NARCOS: TRANSNATIONAL CARTELS AND BORDER SECURITY” PRESENTED DECEMBER 12, 201 8

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Correct read the report

www.dea.gov...

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   
it always amuses me when in one breath someone says "The Democrats want open borders, and the Democrats call for deportation"

or

"The Democrats don't want the wall, the Democrats want the wall"

yes, the Democrats and Republicans are the same, they just use different language to get there

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Carcharadon

Yeah I did not bother reading it, so what does that make me stupid or intelligent, you can decide what you think, and I will live with what I know

Lol defelction by pointing out OVERT racism is a bad thing now, come on man, think before you speak
edit on 9-1-2019 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevenjames15

This article is anything BUT FACTUAL. It is more spin designed to embolden the Trump sheep! Nothing more nothing less.

Would you consider taking this back after your read the DEA report?

www.dea.gov...
edit on 9-1-2019 by Waterglass because: typo

top topics

<<   2 >>

join