It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems saying a wall is immoral are outraged trump is trying to pull back from illegal wars

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Prove it or shut up. Been waiting to see proof of this "blatant" racism.

This is proof enough for me...

en.wikipedia.org...

thehill.com...

www.vox.com...

and trump paid a doctor for a phony letter claiming bonespurs. Just like many other draft dodgers did.

edit on 9-1-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I think we would be wise not to be lectured on morality from blood thirsty people that push for regime change wars every chance they get

If US troops leave Syria, what happens to America’s Kurdish partners in the fight?

BEIRUT — They always anticipated U.S. support would run out, but President Donald Trump’s abrupt decision to rapidly pull U.S. forces out of northeast Syria has nevertheless stunned the Kurds there, who for the past three years have been America’s partner in fighting the Islamic State group.

A withdrawal will leave Syrian Kurds exposed to Turkish threats of an invasion from one side and Syrian government troops on the other.

It stung even more because the Kurds in the Middle East have been abandoned before by the United States and other international allies on whose support they'd pinned their aspirations.

How about abandoning people and actual allies to their fates without a real plan in place - to score some kind of political points with an ever dwindling base? This is in addition to gifting Syria to Putin - who obviously is not immoral

Even a pacifist, no good liberal like me can see how immoral Trump is. This is political - and he doesn't care about the consequences

The wall is a solution to nothing except making certain people feel better about Trump. It will be years before it exists as an actual wall, even if it gets a green light. If this wall were a real grownups kind of solution to the problems we're facing now - tell me what happens between now and then? You know, because we're facing an immediate national crisis?

What we're facing is an increasing number of asylum seekers - not illegal immigrants. Those aren't just words Grambler - check your facts

Donald Trump’s Failure to Address the Real Crisis at the Border

The irony, in light of the continuing political deadlock, is that Nielsen and the President are right about the current situation. There is an immigration crisis at the border—it’s just not the one the President keeps talking about. In the last half decade, while immigration at the U.S. border has dropped significantly compared with earlier years, the profile of migrants has changed in ways that the U.S. immigration system has never been designed to address. Instead of young men and seasonal workers, most of whom migrated from Mexico, the majority of people now arriving are asylum-seeking families and children from Central America. In November, more than twenty-five thousand families crossed the U.S. border—the highest such monthly total on record—fleeing violence, poverty, and rampant political corruption that have made parts of Honduras, El Salvador, and Guatemala virtually uninhabitable. “There is a refugee crisis in our hemisphere,” Cecilia Muñoz, who served as the director of the White House Domestic Policy Council under President Barack Obama, told me recently. “You can’t fix that at our border. The countries in the region—with the U.S. as the leader—need to try to deal with this collectively.”

Trumps Neo-Bolsheviks misdirected anger at how the Trump mirage is fading before their eyes is making them appear less rational with every passing day. This is a danger to us all

But sure - blame the liberals for everything. It's easy. We are after all a cohesive, monolithic group of people that all think the same way and want nothing but to see your destruction

It's like you live in a comic book :-)

edit on 1/9/2019 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

First I didnt blame all liberals, I was discussing those saying that the wall is immoral but are for these wars. This is no worse than you claim of Trump Neo Bolsheviks.

Secondly I answered the kurdish issue above.

But hey, I guess we can no longer ever pull out of any war because some of our nato allies may kill the allies we leave behind. Yay for never ending war!!!

Third, the article you cite shows there is a problem at the border, and the wall would be able to help that problem as well.

The article is incorrect that these are asylum seekers; they are economic migrants, and they seek to pass thru the country illegally as well.

Asylum seekers dont pass thru safe countries on their way to another.

Nor should the US accept the worlds economic migrants as asylum seekers, for the basic reasons that it is not sustainable.

If everyone from hondorus, Guatamala, and el salvador should all be allowed in, why stop there? What about just about every country in the middle east? How about many african countries? How about people living in terrible conditions in india and china?

And why should poor people from other countries that are wealthy be discriminated. If a British person is in poverty and their governmnet cant help them or refuses to, then they are nw seeking asylum, correct?

How many asylum seekers can the US take before you think it is too much?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

If everyone from hondorus, Guatamala, and el salvador should all be allowed in, why stop there? What about just about every country in the middle east? How about many african countries? How about people living in terrible conditions in india and china?

See - this is why it's hard to take your threads seriously. This is the situation we're facing now. Not China, not India - Central America

There are ways to manage an influx of asylum seekers. Assuming of course that anyone cares, and that people want to help and not just put up some kind of fantasy barricade to protect them from poor people fleeing a dangerous and unlivable situation

I linked a perfectly good article. You should read it

There are no easy answers. The grownups know that - and that includes people on the right and on the left. We at least used to be able to count on this. No more

First I didnt blame all liberals

Just a little thread to sum up the democrats as of late

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

You didn't read any of those did you?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   

But hey, I guess we can no longer ever pull out of any war because some of our nato allies may kill the allies we leave behind. Yay for never ending war!!!

Trump announced a full withdrawal of US troops from Syria. That may not happen after all.

Bolton has been walking back Trump’s Syria withdrawal

There are a few reasons why Bolton may have made the proposal.

First, both he and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo are avowed Iran hawks. They’ve repeatedly said a main reason for the US deployment in Syria is to push Iranian and Iranian-backed forces out of the country.

Second, while he was in Israel on Sunday, Bolton told reporters that Trump’s troop withdrawal wouldn’t happen until certain conditions are met — one being that Iran and its proxies leave Syria.

The evolving timeframe for the pullout of U.S. forces has added to the confusion surrounding American policy toward Syria.

Trump’s initial vow on December 19 to bring U.S. troops home “now “ — which followed a phone call with Erdoğan, who had asked Trump why American forces remained in the country — quickly softened after advisers voiced concern a swift exit was unfeasible and unwise and could put the Kurds in danger.

Days later, after another call with Erdoğan, Trump promised a “slow” and “highly coordinated pullout” of troops.

Just sayin' :-)

This is not a liberals dream Grambler. Put the blame wherever it makes you feel better about Trump - but these things are seldom as simple as you need for them to be

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Oh yeah then why do these black Pastors Love him?

www.sacbee.com...
www.boston.com...
www.phillytrib.com... 19.html

And the BET Network has praised him back in December.

Funny how you that wish to spread a LIE think we don't do our homework.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Sorry you dont take me serious.

What do you think happens when the US says we now accept people fleeing poverty as asylum seekers?

Well then people from all over the world will claim asylum because of poverty.

You try to make it a moral argument saying assuming I care.

Well assuming you cared about the poor in this country you would focus on them instead of trying to solve the worlds poverty.

Meanwhile overtures of asylum mean these people are encouraged to make a perilous trip, many times becoming the victims of sexual assault, human trafficing, and illness and malnourishment worse than they suffer in their countries.

Border apprehensions have been steady between around 40 to 60 thousand people a month for around ten years.

Lets say 4/5ths of them should be granted asylum under your articles definition.

How long can we sustain that?

Oh and about you complaining about me saying all dems, you again call out neo bolshevik trump people, so look in the mirror before criticizing others

edit on 9-1-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

originally posted by: iplay1up2

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: soundguy
I have to ask, do you EVER leave your parents basement? I feel it’s unlikely. a reply to: Grambler

For someone who 95 percent of their posts are insults, you would think you could at least have one that was original

This coming from the guy, who creates 95% of all posts.

And thank God for that, otherwise this place would be infested with a lot of senseless, no-substance, screeching all day.

At least Grambler puts a lot of effort and thought into his posts, something most of you lefties are incapable of.

Reee on, though.

A LOT, of what Granbler has posted in the past, has been utter nonsense. Literally.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Yes neo con republicans and neo liberals in the dmeocratic party like schumer and pelosi have been fighting tooth and nail to keep trump in never ending war.

I call the republicans out all the time, but most people think they are more hawkish.

The dmes were supposed to be the party of the nobel peace proze winner, that used to be against gforiegn wars because they were immoral.

Now they are right with the neo cons pushing trump to keep them going.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: soundguy
I have to ask, do you EVER leave your parents basement? I feel it’s unlikely. a reply to: Grambler

For someone who 95 percent of their posts are insults, you would think you could at least have one that was original

This coming from the guy, who creates 95% of all posts.

And thank God for that, otherwise this place would be infested with a lot of senseless, no-substance, screeching all day.

At least Grambler puts a lot of effort and thought into his posts, something most of you lefties are incapable of.

Reee on, though.

A LOT, of what Granbler has posted in the past, has been utter nonsense. Literally.

Says you?
I sure don't agree with every word G says nor he agree with all my thoughts, but I do agree often with him and certainly on this topic.

You are literally wrong on this one.

Sorry.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Well assuming you cared about the poor in this country you would focus on them instead of trying to solve the worlds poverty.

It's not an either or choice

Meanwhile overtures of asylum mean these people are encouraged to make a perilous trip, many times becoming the victims of sexual assault, human trafficing, and illness and malnourishment worse than they suffer in their countries.

Doesn't have to be like this either. This is just a rationalization faking compassion

How long can we sustain that?

How long can we afford not to try? Even our own military has for years been planning for this. Mass migrations are on the rise. Things are changing Grambler

What kind of people do we want to be?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

SO you are basically for open borders of anyone who is poor and wants to come in?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
You regularly resort to insults. It was the basis of this thread :-)

Funny about your other thread

Oh and about you complaining about me saying all dems, you again call out neo bolshevik trump people, so look in the mirror before criticizing others

I do see Trump supporters as Neo-Bolsheviks. I mean it sincerely - and not as an insult. It's an observation of discontent on the verge of becoming something else

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

SO you are basically for open borders of anyone who is poor and wants to come in?

No. Not what I said. I said - there are ways of managing the influx of asylum seekers. Our money, time and other resources can be used to help with this situation

It would help if you read what people write

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
You regularly resort to insults. It was the basis of this thread :-)

Funny about your other thread

I do see Trump supporters as Neo-Bolsheviks. I mean it sincerely - and not as an insult. It's an observation of discontent on the verge of becoming something else

This thread was not an insult. It was saying they are acting hypocritically, and I loutlined exactly who, the ones who ay walls atre immoral and favor wars.

You know, like you, who calls me out for supposedly labeling all Democrats,. while sincerely believeing all trump supporters are bolsheviks.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

No. Not what I said. I said - there are ways of managing the influx of asylum seekers. Our money, time and other resources can be used to help with this situation

It would help if you read what people write

That question mark at the end of that snetence means I was asking you a question.

Ok so how do we manage the influx of seekers, who gets in and who isnt allowed?

How much money should we allocate for this? Were will that money come from?

And what do we do about the seekers that say screw it and cross the border anyways?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

The dmes were supposed to be the party of the nobel peace proze winner, that used to be against gforiegn wars because they were immoral.

Once again - you can't be bothered with reading. Or trying to understand what a poster is telling you. This is why things are the way they are in this country

Even the peaceniks don't favor abandoning Syrian citizens and our Kurdish allies to their fates. If we are to leave Syria it can't be on a whim - or as a political stunt. People's lives are at stake

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Ok so how do we manage the influx of seekers, who gets in and who isnt allowed?

Read the link I gave you earlier :-)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Once again - you can't be bothered with reading. Or trying to understand what a poster is telling you. This is why things are the way they are in this country

Even the peaceniks don't favor abandoning Syrian citizens and our Kurdish allies to their fates. If we are to leave Syria it can't be on a whim - or as a political stunt. People's lives are at stake

No I read. Just because I read what you say doesnt mean i have to agree with it.

So you speak for all "peaceniks"?

So I am not going to be able to find "peaceniks" that see this as an excuse for more regime change war?

Perhaps overconfident people like yourself that assumes to speak for an entire group is part of what wrong for this country.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join