It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Musk teams up with China

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   

I just caught this now and am trying to find a bonafied english source,

@elonmusk shakes hands with China's Premier Li Keqiang after breaking ground on Tesla's $5,000,000,000 factory in Shanghai #TeslaChina

So China and Elon Musk shook hands on a $5,000,000,000 factory in Shanghai..

So many questions, how will Elon Musk keep China out of the breakthrough intellectual property?

Will Elon Musk give them secrets and skills? for what cost?

Imagine a China flush with money and very questionable decision making getting its hands on breakout technology that either the West supresses or the West doesnt know about..

Musk... what are you thinking?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Do you suppose musk will get the heat that every other millionaire gets by using China's "slave" labor?

And honestly tesla hasn't developed anything all that grond breaking.
They use tech from other companies like Panasonic batteries.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   

He’s thinking that American car companies and the government officials that they own, are trying very hard to muscle him out of business. China is probably throwing money at him and clearing a path for him to innovate.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   

The companies my company worked with in China would share intellectual property. Companies in China do not spend tons of money on shareholders and branding. Everything, all profits, go into hiring more people. Everything in China is about maximum employment. It's a very different zeitgeist for businesses operating in China.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

China is absolutely about the profits.
The difference is that the Chinese goverment gets those profits at the expense of the people they employ and the environment they have no regard for.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Either Elon is not concerned about evil facing our nation, or he does not comprehend it. Listened to his podcast with Joe Rogan and his advice is "be nicer to people", and that he essentially does not pay attention to those things. China crafted their gameplan as Elon was acting like he hit Joe's bleezy.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Will Elon Musk give them secrets and skills? for what cost?

Remember China also has high tech secrets the US would love to get their hands on , like quantum communication and autonomous AI technologies and what have we more?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Not groundbreaking but he had the balls to remove the stigma that electric cars were in fact a very viable alternative. He also gave a voice to those of us who signaled to car manufacuters that their was a need for change and that the main automakers failed to recognize that. He basically challenged the status quo. Our children will truly benifit from this change of direction not only in auto tech but other areas of living.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Imagine a China flush with money and very questionable decision making getting its hands on breakout technology that either the West supresses or the West doesnt know about..

It's Tesla not SpaceX, so if anything, they will copy it and sell knockoffs.

It's a questionable move on his part, done to circumvent any current or future trade "deals" with China.

The cars are phenomenal as far as features compared to a traditional one, but any proprietary technology gained from that wouldn't necessarily be a security concern.

The plant will only reveal secrets in manufacturing, which they could probably get from reverse engineering a car anyways.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: chadderson

You don't get to be a billionaire in America by concerning yourself with morals and ethics. But just becasue a person doesn't, that does not mean they are immoral or unethical. Not every billionaire is Donald Trump. It just means that those qualities are not on their radar. Believe it or not, you have extremely weatlthy people in the world who are moral and ethical by nature. But because they do business with people or countries we deem to be "evil", than those people must be evil as well.

It is this kind of short-sightedness that has to be a big turn-off for the Elon Musk's of the world. Setting aside personal qualities for a moment, you also don't get to be a billionaire in America, or any country for that matter, by living in a box. Which, I believe, is the main reason that American business people and the government alike do not encourage his creativity and ambitious nature. China on the other hand. If throwing 5 billion dollars at Musk is not having faith in his creativity, ambition and inelligence, (albiet to strengthen their own end-game) I don't know what is. Remember, just because you don't agree with what he's doing, that doesn't make him stupid. I have read and heard enough about him to come to the conclusion that this is not a stupid individual.

So he does business with China. How does that hurt you or anyone else? It would hurt him if he stuck with America. He has dated her long enough to see just how much of a b!tch she is, and it's mainly because she puts her personal feelings into business decisions. If you can make that distinction while your business partner cannot, it's not going to last long. Elon Musk has done nothing but progress during his lifetime. Dealing exclusivly with America would be taking a step back.

Something I don't see him doing.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Business is business...

Its his company so let him do what he wants with his company and cash and good luck to those who didn't want to work with him!

We would all do the same thing if we were rolling in dough. (I think?)... Notice I said "I think!?"

Lags
edit on 9-1-2019 by Lagomorphe because: I hate my spell checker!

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

What slave labor? His vision is to use robots for almost all production.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
for some reason my mind cant stop thinking its related to this:

www.theguardian.com...

A scientist in China claims to have created the world’s first genetically edited babies, in a potentially ground-breaking and controversial medical first.

Doesnt tesla already have a manufacturing plant? and as someone said he's pro robotics...

Musk and China feels more to me like Musk will be given a green light and all the funding he needs for research into topics Western Civilization feels is taboo

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

My thoughts exactly!

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
China can produce, no doubt about it. Their QA is always up for question though.
We work with chinese tech products and we cannot drop ship to a customer. We get it delivered to us over here in the US, then go through it all and basically..fix it.

We can't buy locally because a machine we would get for 4000 from china would go for 10k here...and china can produce 10 to a US sources 1...just..you gotta fix it when it comes.

So, whatever he is planning, I certainly hope he hires non chinese for the final step QC tests..I recommend a small Japanese crew (We also buy machines from Japan..same issue of price difference, but those machines are always perfect)

He shouldn't have to worry about copywrite issues...chinese government will crack down on anyone so long as Musk is investing in China.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
for some reason my mind cant stop thinking its related to this:

www.theguardian.com...

A scientist in China claims to have created the world’s first genetically edited babies, in a potentially ground-breaking and controversial medical first.

Doesnt tesla already have a manufacturing plant? and as someone said he's pro robotics...

Musk and China feels more to me like Musk will be given a green light and all the funding he needs for research into topics Western Civilization feels is taboo

You might be onto something there.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
And when China is done with him he will end up like the namesake of his company.
He will end up alone and penniless and all of his notes will be gone.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   
He is taking is business global just like every other company does. That is how business works.

I wouldnt be suprised if he started all of his different programs in China as well. if they are willing to back his research and development without any restrictions he could make some real breakthroughs in a variety of scientific fields.
Here are just a few of his ideas and this is the tip of the iceberg with this guy:

Colonize Mars and terraform Mars by nuking the polar ice caps
Creaate Hyperloop which is a vacume tube transportation system.
Create AI a variety of AI driven cars
Create a fossil fuel free civilization
Create a super power factory called Gigafactory which has more power than all of the worlds lithium ion batteries combined.
Create a tunnel boring company
Create space tourism for public use and make it affordable enough for anyone.
Make the internet free for everyone on earth with starlink sattelites
Create reusable rockets
Create Neuralink to merge man and machine with a mesh of nanobots
Create a good AI that is helpful to humanity
Create enough solar power so humanity no longer needs fossil fuels
Create technology to learn if we are in a simulation and create a simulation of the universe

I personally think the big one is Neuralink as it will give humans the abilities of AI and supercomputers allowing future generations to surpass and augment their biology.

Do I think any of these technologies can be used as weapons yes I do but they can also be used to aid our society and civilization.

A hammer can build a house or smash a slull it depends oon who is holding it.
I think Musk is moving buisness to China because he has hit alot of red tape in the USA which wont happen in China. Also his ideas arent for one country but are for the entire world. Only by moving his companys to a global platform can he see his ideas take life and become real.

I think what he is doing is great and wish him the best.
The faster progress is made the faster the technology will be developed which could invoke moors law when dealing with AI and the union of man and machine.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Couple that with the rumors Russia is going to adopt Bitcoin to circumvent those same sanctions, we will be sunk!

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Couple that with the rumors Russia is going to adopt Bitcoin to circumvent those same sanctions, we will be sunk!

Well I think eventually humanity will give up the very idea of maney and materialism.

In my opinion nano manufacturing and nanorobotics will be able to do any and every job needed to be done by humans.

So eventually once the neuralink becomes a real thing humans will begin to evolve past the need for money or the idea of wealth. There will be nothing you cannot manufacture so it will most likely be an age of abundance.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join