It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another First for the Trump Presidency!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Lysergic

Muh fav part was when they use to roam around these united states and massacre each other. Good ol' tribal warfare.

Well if they're gonna be walled in now - the armed forces will be their escape. More enlistments to go conquer the world for "freedom and profit for corporate interests"

Ironically the same people telling us a wall is immoral are the ones screaming we need to stay in illegal wars like Afghanistan and Syria

You hit that one G.! Agreed.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Really good analysis in my opinion OP.

I am struggling more and more to understand why his supporters are not turning against him over this issue because I feel like it’s them who are being conned by him this time more than anyone else.

There is a subset of Trump supporters that will never turn against him. They have doubled and tripled down on him so many times that they are bought in now. There is a psychological effect gripping this nation that makes it painful to admit when you are wrong. His supporters may actually privately acknowledge that they are wrong but they probably won't admit it publicly because this country suffers from delusions of infallibility.[1]

It's highly unlikely that many people on this site will every admit they were wrong. Even if Trump is impeached you can expect many on this site to still call the impeachment unjustified.

[1] The Mindset That Makes It Hard to Admit You're Wrong

I had to re-read your post as I initially thought you were talking about Obama, his acolytes and the media.

Who to a person will still insist TO THIS DAY that the Mocha Messiah had a scandal free presidency.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2

a reply to: Grambler

You do know, the trump foundation wont be able to cut you checks anymore, Putin says he will make it up to you though.

If you are going to try to insult someone, at least be courteous enough to actually be funny

It put a smile on my face. I just think its funny the amount of time you put into trump. All day every day.

And you put just as much time into checking on me

Like my own little unfunny guardian angel

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

You do know, the trump foundation wont be able to cut you checks anymore, Putin says he will make it up to you though.

If you are going to try to insult someone, at least be courteous enough to actually be funny

It put a smile on my face. I just think its funny the amount of time you put into trump. All day every day.

I've found in life that low IQ people often laugh at their own jokes.

So there's that I guess.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Muh fav part was when they use to roam around these united states and massacre each other. Good ol' tribal warfare.

Well if they're gonna be walled in now - the armed forces will be their escape. More enlistments to go conquer the world for "freedom and profit for corporate interests"

Ironically the same people telling us a wall is immoral are the ones screaming we need to stay in illegal wars like Afghanistan and Syria

Pulling out a Syria, would have been a HUGE mistake! Mattis resigned over that! Your wrong. trump is not pulling out, is he? The idiot finally woke up!

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

I'm not Grambler, this isn't my argument but I've certainly something to add IMO.
I believe I might have some of the info you ask for, pertaining to Barack and Oval Office speeches.

First an article on the Daily Beast, addressing one of the more popular issues of Barry's time...

www.thedailybeast.com...

**Here he is tooting his own horn over his commitment to defeat ISIL in Iraq/Syria.
Lots of I's and repeated jargon from years before follows.**🤓

“For seven years, I’ve confronted this evolving threat each and every morning in my intelligence briefing, and since the day I took this office, I have authorized U.S. forces to take out terrorists abroad precisely because I know how real the danger is."

“As commander in chief, I have no greater responsibility than the security of the American people.

**It goes on.Interesting take no? I guess Trump must've iterated it differently when he said something similar about his responsibility to American safety.**🙄

"Well, here’s what I want you to know. The threat from terrorism is real, but we will overcome it. We will destroy ISIL and any other organization that tries to harm us. Our success won’t depend on tough talk, or abandoning our values or giving into fear. That’s what groups like ISIL are hoping for. Instead, we will prevail by being strong and smart, resilient and relentless. And by drawing upon every aspect of American power."

**Interesting no? Hadn't we heard this before?**

Here's another one...

www.cnn.com...

“Fourth, with American leadership, the international community has begun to establish a process and timeline to pursue cease-fires and a political resolution to the Syrian war.

“Doing so will allow the Syrian people and every country, including our allies, but also countries like Russia, to focus on the common goal of destroying ISIL, a group that threatens us all."

**Well that was convenient for him no?
Almost like a pull out was in the cards.
How'd that work out btw? 😏
Russia? Common goal?
COLLUSION!! (😂😂 I keed, I keed)
Guess Russia was cool then huh?
Wot hoppened?? 🤔🤔
Oh that's right, Trump was elected President.**

Does this satisfy your query?
edit on 9Wed, 09 Jan 2019 09:21:48 -0600amvAmerica/ChicagoWednesdayb20191America/Chicago by Gravelbone because: Typo

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I too am on "the list" for not getting on "the list" by 9:00 p.m. EST, Friend.

FTR: The only THE WALL I have ever strongly supported is PINK FLOYD'S THE WALL.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

The networks refused to give Obama a prime time slot to announce the DACA legislation once upon a time.

So, no, this wasn’t a normal thing. I think they did it in case he announced a “National Emergency “ on the border, but he didn’t so they were fleeced into giving him free campaign time. Yay.

Again. Presidents make speeches but not on prime time TV. News orgs will interrupt their prime time programming normally only for non-political messages of importance to the American People.

This was not that. What did he say that hadn’t already been said by him and his surrogates?

edit on 9-1-2019 by AboveBoard because: Typo

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon

I've found in life that low IQ people often laugh at their own jokes.

So there's that I guess.

I did not laugh at my joke, I smiled, as it says in my post. You want to see someone laugh at their own jokes, look at trump. Your low IQ comment holds true, in his case.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The shrill is deafening today?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I was anxious to catch the address last night. I’m a libertarian, so it’s essy for me to not get emotional over this stuff and most of it, from both sides, results in an eye roll or an actual LOL moment.

I was a bit confused by the speech as I thought it’d bring some new information, or the national emergency so many were positive he’d put forward. When it was over, I just sat there for a second and thought, “That’s it? Alright, got my popcorn ready for the fallout.”

As a dude who has very, very little faith in the system/government, I don’t have a problem with increasing border security. My biggest gripe with it is that I haven’t seen definite plans/prototypes for this added security. I’m a property engineer and constantly receive proposals from vendors regarding service contracts/repairs/installations. If you can’t give me a clearly defined plan, with a budget laid out and all the materials needed listed, I’m not going to give you a dime.

I didn’t intitially see that this $5B isn’t strictly for a “wall” but also drones, personnel, underground detection measures, etc. until months after a “wall” was brought up. In fact, I’ve only read that here. That said, I do believe a physical barrier IS an improvement.

I also do recall Trump saying we wouldn’t pay for this wall. If that means he’s going to use money gained from trade deals that put the US in favor, that’s also fine with me. It’s not money we had sitting around, it’s money he brought to us as a result of a trade deal. That’s yet to be seen. If it happens that our tax dollars kick in some extra funding, well, that wasn’t the deal. I’m not going to bitch about it though because I do believe any increased security that’ll help us cut costs in the future is a wise investment. That’s why I changed all my lighting fixtures at my property to accept LED’s instead of old, wattage sucking bulbs.

The whole immoral/racist shtick coming from the left is nonsense. While I see regulation as the result of failure of personal responsibility, we’re far past the point of arguing that now. It’s a fact that people illegally enter the US and as a result, costs us money. I don’t care if they’re gang members or sweet old ladies, you’ve got to come here the right way.

If spending $5B will make a dent in the hundreds of billions we spend due to illegal immigration, DO IT. If you can get the money to do it without tapping into our piggy bank, more power to you. I just wish there would have been a legit proposal for this thing with actual plans/building materials listed. I’m not the type to just hand over money and trust that the job will be done effectively. Right or left, the only thing each side has been consistent at is being ineffective in making actual change.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX

What is your point about "Tribal Warfare? are you a Native? do you think you can school me (a native) on this?

Nah I was just pointing out how stupid it was that you glorified some # you weren't a part of.

The nomadic tribes waged war upon each other and even practiced cannibalism

But hey

you got it all figured out so why even sweat it.

and yeah I am Native.

100% Native Texan.

How you like them apples?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   
So it looks like we get increased border security after all.

End result is we won. The ten toothed deplorables strike again.

This is all a bitchfest by the losers.

Trump won. The country won.

If you feel some sort of way about it, act out bitches.

If not, continue to bitch online and repeat the echo chamber blues.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Theres going to be a lot of long journal entries tonight.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

"We need to raise $500,000 in ONE DAY. I want to know who stood with me when it mattered most so I’ve asked my team to send me a list of EVERY AMERICAN PATRIOT who donates to the Official Secure the Border Fund," read the email written in Trump's name.

I’m curious how many people on a conspiracy website think it’s a good idea to donate money to Donald Trump so he can put you on a government list.

I laughed. I think this comment won the Internet for me today.

It's a shame that the idea of "American patriot" is being conflated with "donate to me." I don't think the Founding Fathers wanted that kind of character in their government.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I am struggling more and more to understand why his supporters are not turning against him over this issue because I feel like it’s them who are being conned by him this time more than anyone else.

There is a subset of Trump supporters that will never turn against him. They have doubled and tripled down on him so many times that they are bought in now. There is a psychological effect gripping this nation that makes it painful to admit when you are wrong. His supporters may actually privately acknowledge that they are wrong but they probably won't admit it publicly because this country suffers from delusions of infallibility.[1]

It's highly unlikely that many people on this site will every admit they were wrong. Even if Trump is impeached you can expect many on this site to still call the impeachment unjustified.

Interesting post mate.

Basically I agreed with you although I do believe that ATS represents some of the more loyal trump supporters and that is why we see many of them struck down with cognitive dissonance when defending the indefensible when it comes to Trumps actions at times.

I have seen one or two concede Trump but a total reversal of support I don’t ever expect that for the reasons you outlined.
edit on 9-1-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
So it looks like we get increased border security after all.

End result is we won. The ten toothed deplorables strike again.

This is all a bitchfest by the losers.

Trump won. The country won.

If you feel some sort of way about it, act out bitches.

If not, continue to bitch online and repeat the echo chamber blues.

So the Dems gave in and the government is running again? I’m not being sarcastic, I’m trying to find a source for that news.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

No, but they have nothing to oppose beyond opposing Trump for the hell of it.

They also have nothing of value to offer.

Specifically, we at least get the border security we need.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon

I had to re-read your post as I initially thought you were talking about Obama, his acolytes and the media.

Who to a person will still insist TO THIS DAY that the Mocha Messiah had a scandal free presidency.

There are alt-right members of this site who still think Obama is Kenyan.....

Now I liked Obama better than Trump but I still criticised Obama where I saw fit. I acknowledged that he was far from perfect, not all Trump supporters on this site seem able to recognise the same with Trump.....

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

so, you don't know anything about these "Tribal wars" you talk about, and 100% native Texas means nothing to me, considering we were here before you

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join