It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And the other Alternative, Mexico becomes part of The United States of America

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

Right back to the Panama Canal.
Retake the choke point.
That will be the new border...
If The United States of America is unable
to secure the territorial southern border.

The Panama Canal is the funnel.
The Eastern and Western ports of
Mexico can be secured.

Guatemalan etc. airfields need to be destroyed.
Chemical Weapons Fentanyl and Cartafentanyl
flow disrupted.

Let it be written,let it be done.
Trust U.S.

edit on 9-1-2019 by Wildmanimal because: Add Content

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSensible

Add Mexico, add Canada, add American Samoa, Puerto Rico, et. al. If 100 years from now we're to have a one-world government, I sure as hell would rather it be an American government.

American Samoa and Puerto Rico are already Part of America.
Canada would like to just stay Canada.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:25 AM
link   
See the problem with maintaining citizens, here in the USA or elsewhere as second class citizens living in poverty is
a losing proposition - There is little profit in poverty - One reason Trump won the election - Big dreams sound good
- And maybe they can be made to work.

Trump's wall on the other hand, many of us thought was only a metaphor for secure borders - He doesn't seriously believe
a wall is going to solve a complex problem like Mexicans wanting to be Americans, does he?
Well maybe he is getting old - And the old people of the Democratic party machine are not helping things either
- Just prolonging an idiotic conflict.

Time to celebrate the future, break out a bottle of tequila [or a joint where it is now legal], give Mexico a chance to join the USA which
a good part of their people want to do anyway, celebrate the opening of the Mexican marketplace to industry and
trade - realize that a poor country of Mexico doesn't benefit Mexico or the United State
- Isn't it time for a real NEW 'New World Order'

edit on 9-1-2019 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Why do we keep seeing these idiotic posts? Sure, we took over Mexico in 1848. Then we left because we didn't want it. So we gave most of it back. Because it was and still is a #hole. The only reason we kept what we did was that we wanted to go all the way to the west coast and that territory was "in the way."

Why do I keep seeing statements like this: "But what is the United States if not the great melting pot of the World - The nation built on the mixing of cultures, religions and nationalities from around the globe - America has been built on its ability of inclusiveness for all"? That is some kind of pervasive mythology from I don't know where. Propaganda.

We mixed European cultures but not Islamic, Asian, and everything else. America was 90% white in 1970. I'm not trying to be a Nazi, only realistic. This idea of America being founded as a melting pot for the minorities of the world is complete BS. It was founded by Europeans for themselves and their posterity.

No one in the US wants Mexico. We want a wall.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   

It seems to me opposite solution would make you even happier. Why not have the US become part of Mexico? We could all learn to speak Spanish. Or maybe just merge the two into the United States of Mexico.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   

I thought the US plan was to encourage the cartels to fight among themselves , by supplying them weapons
and buying and selling their drugs into america to fund black budget projects for the CIA (contra 2.0)

eventually Mexico is split into cartel controlled regions and the mexican government can no longer control its country

in comes the U S A and "frees" mexico to death
Mexico becomes a new state and the Amero is born!

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Let me see ... your idea is to annex an area about 1/3 the size of the country that has crime problems that dwarf Chicago's and the economic base of a developing nation with a populace that's educated about that well?

Sure ... I can see how that would work out well for us.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Why does nobody think of this #? It is not rocket science.

Because America's become cartoon land. They'd rather have their cartoon orange president build a giant wile e coyoteesque wall across the continent than use common sense. It's like the plot of a road runner cartoon...and will be probably about as effective.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   

You sound like a yankee trying to describe how folks who live with real latino's must think.

The reality: Mexican folks who live in the US and have done so generationally enjoy all the benefits of American society. My mother in law was a housekeeper. Her mom was a homemaker, a la traditional latin roles. My wife is a nurse. Among her nursing peers are at least half mexican nurses.

The US inherited a large swath of its latin population, including my wifes family (who were Mexicans in Texas prior to independance and annexation, along with the majority of our latin population in Texas). The immigrants...of course they might take their place at the back of the line. Prior to becoming successful in any culture, you have to learn language, cultural hot spots, develop a network, etc. We have people in the US their whole lives, for several generations back, who can't seem to do any of these, and aren't Mexican.

The reality is some folks in America are racist assholes. Most aren't. By most i'd wager "overwhelming majority" could work as a valid stand in. Point being: Americans don't want to import second class citizens. We have plenty already.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Let me see ... your idea is to annex an area about 1/3 the size of the country that has crime problems that dwarf Chicago's and the economic base of a developing nation with a populace that's educated about that well?

Sure ... I can see how that would work out well for us.

The "crime problems" relate to 2 things:

- Lack of enforcement due to corruption, which could be fixed in the same way we corrected the problems in the south during the 60's. Lets be honest: the FBI doing counter terrorism is ridiculous. If they had something domestic to focus on that was actually in their wheelhouse, they may get into less trouble
- Cartels. Again, lack of enforcement allows them to act with impugnity. Of course it may take years to break them...but if it was our effort and not a crooked Mexican governments effort, perhaps we could see the end to cartel power (or, at least see it shrink back into the dark like organized crime is supposed to do).

I am not averse to annexing Mexico, personally. Its a fantastic country with enough resources to make many Americans wealthy. Not to mention its beauty.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I have nothing against Latinos, I like them as a people and have been friends with some for years. Even most of the criminals are pretty decent as long as you don't double cross them. But please, let's not annex Mexico. If anything, I would prefer to give some of California back to Mexico.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I think the initial chaos would not be worth it. There is just too much of Mexico to easily encompass.

Their economy is at a completely different level. We'd get swamped because they'd expect to be made level almost immediately and it would take years to bring them up to standard with the rest of the nation.

Meanwhile you have the cultural and corruption and criminal issues ...

We have infrastructure issues in our own country, but Mexico never was modernized to begin with. So now we're updating/fixing our own *and* building what in many cases never was ...

I think it's a bad deal all the way around.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That is a valid point - But remember what you are saying about Mexico and its standard of living could be applied to many
parts of inner cities, say Chicago, right now.

What percentage of Americans today are living on food stamps? - Millions

Mexico joining the picture would make things worse you say? - Only in the short run, in the long run, and run by the
right people - People who can think like Trump and be more realistic about what big dreams reaely mean, would
see that it is not really necessary to sustain poverty for the World to go on - even prosper.

Selfishness and greed is part of who we are - But that sefishness and greed, properly directed can become an asset.
Greedy capitalists buit the economies of the World - If the profit was there, how long do you think it would take
them to bring Mexico up - But maybe it is more profitable to keep Mexicans dirt poor so they will work for less?
- That scenario has been going on since the Mexican-American War - Maybe it's time for a change ???

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Don't you think we should fix our internal problems first?

You're saying that people in Chicago live like that, people on the streets of California live like that, so no biggie if we annex an entire country more full of areas like that?

We don't have the will to fix the corruption in our own system that allows for those areas to flourish, but we're going to take care of the rampant corruption in Mexico that keeps it languishing like it is?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Of course I said to begin with its probably not going to happen.

But look at this way - You have an intermingling series of problems in the USA, in Mexico, all over the World for that
matter - All related to poverty - Poverty sucks!

So the current thinking of Trump and his followers is that if we could stop the flow of illegal and basically poor Mexicans
[and others] from getting inot the United States we could take the load off the US and all will be well
- This is like trying to fix a hemorrhage with a bandaid - It won't work.

Just because communism ended in Russia doesn't mean the poor classes of the World are going to go away
- Look what's happening in France!

It was Trump the candidate who said [referring to poor blacks in inner cities] 'what have you got to lose'?
Do we really need millions of Mexicans thinking the same way - Hungry and starving people might do
anything to survive - mighten they/

How is it that China took a totalitarian closed communist system where everyone was poor and somehow
integrated capitalism into the system so not only are there now Chinese billionaires but an economy that is
rapidly surpassing the West

Trump wants us to think big - Let's not shoot ourselves in the foot with a useless wall, Let's really think big
and expand the US by adding the people we will need to compete with the Chinese economy of tomorrow.

And you will notice we don't have much of a problem with Chinese immigrants trying to get into the US,
[though a long long time ago they were like your second class Mexicans of today] do we?
- Is it becuase they built their way out of poverty by forgetting about the Great Wall of China from
the past - and opened their minds to the future - Time for us to do the same

edit on 9-1-2019 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join