It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN's Cuomo accidentally explains exactly why the dems are responsible for the shut down

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

"Is anyone saying barriers dont work?"

Yes Chris - many many Dems are saying walls dont work. That is where we are at with this. Its absurd.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: PokeyJoe

"Is anyone saying barriers dont work?"

Yes Chris - many many Dems are saying walls dont work. That is where we are at with this. Its absurd.

I almost feel bad for him

He is so on a bubble that he can precisely outline why the Dems are wrong on this, but his mind won’t allow him to blame them

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: odzeandennz

We know.
The Democrats flip flopped in order to gain leverage and momentum for 2020.
Its an elaborate smear campaign. Drag the wall as long as possible and make it a key topic in the pre-election cycle advertising onslaught. And smear anyone associated with trump on the trails.

Let's take a page out of when trump flip flops; so what...

Hey at least you admit the Dems are more interested in playing politics at the expense of border security and those affected by the shutdown

Surely Trump is the one playing politics with the whole thing, but you are more concerned about what a journalist said? Does he speak for that party? If a journalist voices an opinion on Fox or similar Republican favouring channel, would you say they represent Trump and/or the Republican party? I'm sure you would if you agreed with them, if you didn't I'm equally sure you would shrug and say they were only voicing an opinion wouldn't you?

Funny how that works isn't it?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

The fact that it is a journalist from cnn is notable in that even he sees the truth

Did he say anything not factual?

The Dems are voting against a wall the votes for before and are saying it’s immoral, just to attack trump

I would be more than happy for you to explain how the Dems are justified is saying trumps wall which is practically an expansion of the wall they already supported is immoral

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Fence....wall, not the same thing and you know it. More crap for tiny minds who like to backslap.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   

a reply to: uncommitted

The fact that it is a journalist from cnn is notable in that even he sees the truth

Did he say anything not factual?

The Dems are voting against a wall the votes for before and are saying it’s immoral, just to attack trump

I would be more than happy for you to explain how the Dems are justified is saying trumps wall which is practically an expansion of the wall they already supported is immoral

You say he is telling the truth because he is voicing an opinion you agree with. If a commentator on Fox said Trump is pushing for the wall - and more importantly for public spend on the wall - for no other reason than to cover his own ego after he made it such a big promise in the election, although this time it wouldn't be funded directly by Mexico, you would of course disagree because it doesn't match your opinion.

Calling something the truth just because you agree with it is very disingenuous, but there does seem to be a lot of that going on here doesn't there?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Walls don't work!

Then stop trying to build one around 'assault weapons'.

End the gun control wall!

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I blame Satan.

Well Satan has convinced the millennial's that gender doesn't exist, free speech is a one way street and everyone is a racist if they are white. As we all know, the biggest one Satan pulled on everyone was convincing most of the world that he doesn't exist.

Satan has his feet up laughing his ass off..

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
Fence....wall, not the same thing and you know it. More crap for tiny minds who like to backslap.

what is there now, is it a fence, a wall, a barrier? I want to know what you call it, so we can both speak the same language.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   
This should be crystal clear , the dems are playing with the safety of the American citizen just to oppose trump.

What has changed since their original stance?

How people support the democratic party is beyond me.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Man this really hits the nail on the head, Grambler.

Cuomo shockingly made the arguments for the Democrats in an easy-to-digest paragraph. How Pelosi or Schumer looked after Trumps presentation was strange to me as well...

I agree with you 110%. They are only fighting because they don't want to hand him a win. Also, another post said they are pushing this into 2020 for talking points...which is absolutely atrocious, but probably correct.

My prediction is there will be a big news story about the "Compromise" and Democrats taking ownership of "saving the government" by compromising and giving Trump something to sign. Either that, or we talk about this damn wall until 2020.

Either way your talking points are spot on!

Anyone who thinks it's absurd to build up our existing border (and add more border wall to it) should start living downtown somewhere with all their doors, windows, and garages unlocked.

Just like the gun argument.
Politicians don't want YOU to have guns buy it's fine if they do.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Cuomo ends by saying is anyone saying barriers wont work?

Was Cuomo for Endless Open Borders? does he even know that Endless Open Border only brings the opposite?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
The video puts things together well but does anyone have a link to the original CNN clip? I wish he played the full thing end to end in the beginning.

I prefer to see it in entirety and form my own opinions before listening to someone else's.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Attentionwandered
The video puts things together well but does anyone have a link to the original CNN clip? I wish he played the full thing end to end in the beginning.

I prefer to see it in entirety and form my own opinions before listening to someone else's.

I will try to link it

It will take a while cause cnn pulls down YouTube videos of their material but I will try

But you are correct to do so

You can’t link original videos on YouTube but from now on I will on ats
edit on 9-1-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I actually respect cuomo. He not just another talking head bs artist , he listens to both sides and have them represented on his show and is respectful...Dont agree politically with him in most cases but someone in liberal media who is respectable which is rare.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 04:17 AM
link   

CNN's Cuomo accidentally explains exactly why the dems are responsible for the shut down

I don't think it was accidental - Cuomo seemed genuinely annoyed, and he no doubt purposely raised and verbalised the points.

Let's give him a bit of credit. I think it is due.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

He starts off by saying that there are already barriers or parts of a wall in many areas.

Barrier? Fence? Or "Wall"?

You say wall for the remainder of your post. If someone is going to request 5 Billion dollars, explaining what it will be spent on would seem a rational demand before writing the check.

He says Dems voted for funding these portions of the wall before.

About a 35% (600+ miles) of the southern border has fencing. Mostly steel slat as US Border Officials have said is most effective. No one wants a "wall.

Then he tries to slam trump I guess by saying actually trump explanation for a wall now sounds exactly like the wall that is already in places that border agents say would work and they need more of.

President Trump, after two years, has finally listened to what Border Agents have been telling him. No wall. They would like more fencing.

"See through wall" is the stupidest way of saying "fence" I have ever heard of.
President Trump didn't get around to painfully admitting this until a couple of weeks ago.
He thinks by saying "see through wall" his followers will not realize he was wrong for two years.

And he finishes up by saying its not gonna happen, the dems wont give trump the wall.

You mean "see through wall" right?

Basically trump is just building on the wall the dems and border control people already put in place, the border patrol people want more of, but despite the dems being for it before, now they are saying its immoral, even though its almost the exact same thing they voted for!

So much confusion.

Democrats and Republicans have repeatedly funded border security.

They did so as recently as a month ago with their 1.6 Billion Dollar proposal for additional funding to border security.
That money was in keeping with a multitude of specific requests from what officials said they needed at the border.

President Trump asked for 5 Billion Dollars WITHOUT ANY SPECIFIC PLAN and only appears to have realized a couple weeks ago that Border officials don't want a wall but rather a fence.

Taxpayers should never write blank checks, certainly not for 5 Billion Dollars, when those asking haven't even explained what they want to spend it on. Hell, the President seems still confused about what a fence is, let alone how much is needed or where.

Maybe he should propose an actual detailed plan with costs like every other spending request, ever.

Do you think in his real estate business, President Trump ever gave someone 5 Billion dollars based on "I want to build a huge building"? I imagine he would look to examine specific plans first.

edit on 10-1-2019 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: smurfy

what is there now, is it a fence, a wall, a barrier? I want to know what you call it, so we can both speak the same language.

How many walls in your home can you see through?

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Extorris

Right so you admit trump has listened to advice and is now recomending a barrier or wall or fence or whatever you want to call it that is exactly like the current one.

Yet the dems still say its immoral and wont give money for it.

So your point is what? Trump old proposal of what the wall should be was bad? Does that justify keeping the gov shutdown over the current proposal?

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
First of all, Democrats are not responsible for the Federal shutdown. That's on Trump, period. But that's not the argument, and anyone who is seriously debating this is falling for the Republican vs Democrat showdown, a continual battle crafted to misdirect, distract, and divide Americans. As long as we play their game, we will continue to see our average family income stay flat while prices continue to soar, our rights degraded. Can't you see what is going on? Wake up, people!

<< 1    3  4 >>

join