It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Addresses The Nation LIVE From Oval Office 9pm EST - Jan-8-2019

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I liked that Trump didn't speak to his base, he spoke to the Americans that weren't his base.

Smart move.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Just watched Trumps speach and I don't think it went well. He looked to uncomfortable, not passionate enough and clearly looked like he was reading his speech from the tella telaprompter. He didn't change anyone's minds on the subject and will be criticized by his oponants. He might as well not made the speech at all.

Watched igor and skeletor give their rebuttal and they didn't come off any better.

After this I am left thinking how did we get such pore leadership in this country?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: Lumenari

I think we're talking about 2 different things now. I was warning you against attempting to debate a certain...member.

It'll end up being a whole lot of...nothing.

I passed on that tonight.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
Just watched Trumps speach and I don't think it went well. He looked to uncomfortable, not passionate enough and clearly looked like he was reading his speech from the tella telaprompter. He didn't change anyone's minds on the subject and will be criticized by his oponants. He might as well not made the speech at all.

Watched igor and skeletor give their rebuttal and they didn't come off any better.

After this I am left thinking how did we get such pore leadership in this country?

You disagree with what he said in this announcement?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

How?

People voted them in.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I hate pore leadership.

It's just so superficial. No meat to it at all. Just skin deep.

link   
Well I think this will wear on for a few more weeks ultimately. It's the Sea Hag that will fuel defiance on the dim side

link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

How?

People voted them in.

What people???? The majority of the states??? In a country of "united states"??????

Maybe all the majority of people, in the majority of states chose a president to represent the STATES.....but the majority of people didn't vote him in.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
edit on 8-1-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

We'll see how well those virtual signalling points work out. One thing I have noticed is that anyone who is hurt by an issue will cry for it to end, while those not hurt will continue to support it. I saw Trump calling for Congressional help to support increased border patrols, more immigration judges, and humanitarian aid. Then I saw Pelosi and Schumer crying for the government shutdown to end. That tells me that they know the DNC is taking the brunt of the political damage over the shutdown.

Here is my surprised face:

TheRedneck

link   
Seems to me a lot of people are mad that Trump didn't say anything that could be spun to make them mad.

link   

He "talked over" the Democrats' heads.

Perfect setup 🤣

Schumer and Pelosi caught off guard (not hard to do especially when they "plan" a response based on something else) 🤩

Chuck's and Nancy's college degrees just went down the toilet 😀

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Does it matter if I did or didn't?

He gave a bad speech regardless of his message; he likely did not persuade anyone to agree with him who did not already.

link   

originally posted by: [post]xuenchen[/post]

originally posted by: [post]Carcharadon[/post]
Anyone against the wall and airtight border security is:

Pro-Sex Slavery.
Pro-Human Trafficking.
Pro-Cartel Profits.
Pro-Brown people being exploited to maximize corporate profits.
Pro-Terrorism.
Pro-Slave Labour.
Pro-Screw over American tradesworkers.

Being FOR those things are the ONLY reasons for being against the wall.

Anything else is just lies.

Democrat agenda 100%.

They also want to fill specific areas with illegals to make gerrymandering easier for Democrat voting pockets 🌚

You guys really buy this dont you?

I suppose theres no need for discourse since im now 100% apparently in favor of, sex slavery, human trafficking, cartels, racism,slave labor and the end of the american dream.

You guys say whatever you can to eachother for pats on the back. But the hyperbole goes through the roof with a lot of you.
edit on 8-1-2019 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: MisterSpock

We'll see how well those virtual signalling points work out. One thing I have noticed is that anyone who is hurt by an issue will cry for it to end, while those not hurt will continue to support it. I saw Trump calling for Congressional help to support increased border patrols, more immigration judges, and humanitarian aid. Then I saw Pelosi and Schumer crying for the government shutdown to end. That tells me that they know the DNC is taking the brunt of the political damage over the shutdown.

Here is my surprised face:

TheRedneck

Yes, some people need to learn first hand. Others(smarter people) can learn without experiencing it first hand.

Sadly, it's all lowest common denominator these days.
edit on 8-1-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   
President Trump is going to visit the border Thursday.

I think he will make an even bigger announcement Friday when he returns.

For decades we have needed better border security, but nobody could or would get it done. Trump is the kind of president that can and will. Dems don't want it done, either because it's Trump or because the Dem politicians are getting something out of wide open borders.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Let's see if either one of them, or anyone else for that matter, comes up with any specific points of disagreement with links backing up their positions.

a reply to: Lumenari

Precisely.

link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

Does it matter if I did or didn't?

He gave a bad speech regardless of his message; he likely did not persuade anyone to agree with him who did not already.

But your left with nothing to say other than, "I don't like how he looked when he said it". I am paraphrasing.

link   
a reply to: bknapple32

No, we don't. I will stand with you on this one.

I suppose theres no need for discourse since im now 100% apparently in favor of, sex slavery, human trafficking, cartels, racism,slave labor and the end of the american dream.

I get this is the mudpit, but what bknapple32 is saying here is on point.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   
What an embarrassment American politics have become. And the way the media portrayed tonight’s circus. (I watched on ABC). And the way some of you play right into their little game. It’s all such an embarrassment.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

originally posted by: [post]xuenchen[/post]

originally posted by: [post]Carcharadon[/post]
Anyone against the wall and airtight border security is:

Pro-Sex Slavery.
Pro-Human Trafficking.
Pro-Cartel Profits.
Pro-Brown people being exploited to maximize corporate profits.
Pro-Terrorism.
Pro-Slave Labour.
Pro-Screw over American tradesworkers.

Being FOR those things are the ONLY reasons for being against the wall.

Anything else is just lies.

Democrat agenda 100%.

They also want to fill specific areas with illegals to make gerrymandering easier for Democrat voting pockets 🌚

You guys say whatever you can to eachother for pats on the back. But the hyperbole goes through the roof with a lot of you.

Alright well considering you just posted this a few minutes ago, what do you still want to 'have discourse' about? Are you sure you won't lose your soul in the old echo chamber there?

originally posted by: bknapple32
If anything- this nothing night from BOTH sides... should teach us one lesson

Go hang out with our families. Politics is slowly consuming everyone here to the point they dont realize theyre losing their soul...

Its all echo chambers. On both sides. Trump haters love the echo chamber as much as trump lovers.

I bet any lurking mod who doesnt insert themselves in politics here ( even though others mods do) could tell you EXACTLY what one of us is about to say simply based on our posting history... rinse and repeat. Always hoping to find a gotcha moment for the other side... Always hoping for drama

Nothing happened tonight. Take the rest of the night off and give your family a hug

edit on 8-1-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join