It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Addresses The Nation LIVE From Oval Office 9pm EST - Jan-8-2019

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The Chuck and Nancy memes from last night get better with each passing hour!

Example: twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
I gotta know, what's up with the smoking in your pics? Also, why does it turn me on so much?

Rawr

I've asked the same thing and it was ignored. I find it absolutely Revolting though.

So glad I never stayed up to watch the address live at 2am, there would have been no point...

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I'm no drug smuggling expert but, if I wanted to get stuff to my customers I wouldn't just send it one way and I would also have a float of cash for those who are willing to 'let it slide' at certain points where resistance is met.

Trump is pulling the war on drugs card here. Didn't work before, won't work this time, even if you built a 20ft concrete wall 20 ft deep from coast to coast, it will find a way in.

I pretty much agree with you except that your logic train stopped before it reached the station.

Sending large amounts of drugs through multiple inroads is not cost efficient and cartels are all about the money. But that aside, yes they will try alternate routes. That was my point.

By your own admission,

even if you built a 20ft concrete wall 20 ft deep from coast to coast, it will find a way in.
the wall will work.

It will force the cartels to find another way in, exactly as I said. When one inroad stops working it forces the cartels to try another approach. The increase in traffic in that new approach makes it easier to detect, and you add more security there forcing them to find yet another inroad. You keep going until there are no more inroads.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

The people shipping it lose more than half. If they lost more they would still send the shipments.

If one kilo of pure coc aine makes it through it is profitable enough to lose 4 others since the cost is still negligible.

Drugs are dirt cheap where they are produced.

edit on 1 9 2019 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Your logic is flawed. Coc was a bad example to choose.

If you cut it by 50% one kilo of pure coc has the same street value as 2 kilos of cut coc. The value is the coc, not the cut. The cartels only smuggle in pure coc. (less bulk, same profit) They sell to other gangs and various distributors who cut the purity thereby increasing the volume of drugs giving them more product to sell. That is where the profit is found. The farther down the chain of distributors you go the poorer the quality of the drug because it is cut at each level of the operation to ensure profits. This all happens after the cartels are finished with their part.

Unless you subscribe to the idea that the cartels have their own distribution machine at street level and handle the drugs cradle to grave. But that is not the case. You can buy coc from a huge variety of sources, not just cartel distributors.

The cartels make their profit on the initial sale, on the pure product. That is where their money is.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I know how it works. Your idea is not based on reality. You are thinking prices in terms of local distributors. They have one set of prices once the product is here. Anything it is.

GETTING it here has a different market and set of distributors who work with much lower profit margins since their goal is volume and fast turnaround for consecutive business.

The markup is what feeds the beast.

At the cartel level, you don't pinch pennies. That's what drug dealers do.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Looks like Trump walked out of todays meeting with chuck and nancy.

Just left a meeting with Chuck and Nancy, a total waste of time. I asked what is going to happen in 30 days if I quickly open things up, are you going to approve Border Security which includes a Wall or Steel Barrier? Nancy said, NO. I said bye-bye, nothing else works!

Twitter

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Wait, are we getting the coc aine or not?

All jokes and cokes aside, I didnt watch the announcement cause well, I dont need to hear an explanation for a wall. It just adds stability. Sure it may seem like a racial thing, but isnt everything prejudice now. The Shutdown is too normal now, happening every year or two. Do we have the money now? Nope.. but thats normal too.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   

The war on drugs found itself with literal full on military action on the drug cartels doorstep and it didnt stil it.
Most drugs go through actual checkpoints and guarded way points. The problem is mainly Mexico and its corrupt officials, as well as corrupt boarder cops on the US side.

The us doesnt have an immigration problem, they have a Mexico being run by drug lords problem.

The same thing happened with prohibition and booze running from all fronts into the states. The tightly controlled 'official' ports let so much booze in it was competing with domestic makers of hooch.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Most drugs go through actual checkpoints and guarded way points.

Most known drugs go through actual checkpoints and guarded way points. If that were all the drugs, there would be no drugs coming into the US. Reality says that s not the case; reality says that many Americans die every day of drug overdoses. Somewhere, some drugs are getting through undetected, so how is anyone going to make a report on undetected anything? If something is undetected, it cannot be quantified by definition.

What we are saying is that there are 2000 miles of unguarded border. We know that this is responsible for a large number of illegal immigrants crossing over; even with the lack of patrols, some have been caught. It is completely reasonable to believe that drug cartels are also using this venue to transport drugs. It's like we are monitoring traffic on a dirt road and ignoring traffic on the nearby Interstate because surely there will be very little traffic there compared to the dirt road.

Since the chances that any shipments would be found and confiscated, it makes no sense to assume that ports of entry would be the most used route. The chances of confiscation are obviously minimal by comparison across poorly-monitored areas along the border, so it only makes logical sense that the unsecured parts of the border would see higher drug traffic. The fact that they are unsecured means we do not know how many drugs are coming across there, but simple logic says it would be many times greater than what is coming through checkpoints.

Mexican drug cartels are not stupid. American politicians and the MSM are.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
Lol, you didn’t spot the smocking gun? And deplorables wonder why speak about them the way we do, sigh. a reply to: Carcharadon

You speak about people that way because you are a bunch of bitter, virtue signaling morons that have been told that Democrat=Genius your whole life.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 01:08 AM
link   
The Schumer-Pelosi rebuttal was a record setter for Chuck Schumer.

That was the longest I've seen him hold his head UP straight.

In the Oval Office last month, he was seated, looking DOWN at his shoes.

When speaking on the Senate floor, his head is looking DOWN at the podium most of the time.

Schumer doesn't have a curved spine like Justice Ruth Ginsberg.

Maybe it's "guilt" of some kind weighing him down?

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join