It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Addresses The Nation LIVE From Oval Office 9pm EST - Jan-8-2019

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Cnn has been proven unreliable and biased. Can you provide a more reliable source? If not you might as well be quoting woopie...

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

or don't.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

originally posted by: [post]xuenchen[/post]

originally posted by: [post]Carcharadon[/post]
Anyone against the wall and airtight border security is:

Pro-Sex Slavery.
Pro-Human Trafficking.
Pro-Cartel Profits.
Pro-Brown people being exploited to maximize corporate profits.
Pro-Terrorism.
Pro-Slave Labour.
Pro-Screw over American tradesworkers.

Being FOR those things are the ONLY reasons for being against the wall.

Anything else is just lies.

Democrat agenda 100%.

They also want to fill specific areas with illegals to make gerrymandering easier for Democrat voting pockets 🌚

You guys really buy this dont you?

I suppose theres no need for discourse since im now 100% apparently in favor of, sex slavery, human trafficking, cartels, racism,slave labor and the end of the american dream.

You guys say whatever you can to eachother for pats on the back. But the hyperbole goes through the roof with a lot of you.

Of course not all dems believe that.

But pelosi is basically in charge of tsetting the dem agenda.

She says walls are immoral.

Can you explain that?

To me, that means walls are racist to keep the others out. So why would any type of border secuirity designed to keep illegals out not also be immoral?

Which leave us with what; open borders.

Unless you can explain to me what makes a wall immoral but a fence or drones not.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

originally posted by: [post]xuenchen[/post]

originally posted by: [post]Carcharadon[/post]
Anyone against the wall and airtight border security is:

Pro-Sex Slavery.
Pro-Human Trafficking.
Pro-Cartel Profits.
Pro-Brown people being exploited to maximize corporate profits.
Pro-Terrorism.
Pro-Slave Labour.
Pro-Screw over American tradesworkers.

Being FOR those things are the ONLY reasons for being against the wall.

Anything else is just lies.

Democrat agenda 100%.

They also want to fill specific areas with illegals to make gerrymandering easier for Democrat voting pockets 🌚

You guys really buy this dont you?

I suppose theres no need for discourse since im now 100% apparently in favor of, sex slavery, human trafficking, cartels, racism,slave labor and the end of the american dream.

You guys say whatever you can to eachother for pats on the back. But the hyperbole goes through the roof with a lot of you.

You and people like you have spent the last 2 years calling the President and his supporters every vile name in the book.

How does it feel?

Don't like it? Cry me a river. Well a bigger river because the tears you've shed the last 2 years could fill the Rio Grande 3 times over.

I guarantee the ONLY reason you are against the wall is Trump. Anything else you might claim is 100% a lie.

You are against the wall?

See my previous post for the REAL reasons why.

Go watch interviews with actual Border Patrol Agents and wake up. Those men and women are on the front line and they know more about it than you, Pelosi, Schumer or any Leftist talking head on TV.

The BPD knows the situation. You don't.

One more to add to the list.

Pro-American Citizen Death and Rape. If you weren't for it you would be for measures that would prevent these things being done to Americans by illegals.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

or don't.

don't what?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

I think the point youre missing is that a wall wouldnt stop these drugs coming in through the ports of entry. Theyre smuggled.... As in hidden.... at check points.

Where do they go after they enter ports ?
Do they magically teleport themselves from foreign ports into the US ?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

I think the point youre missing is that a wall wouldnt stop these drugs coming in through the ports of entry. Theyre smuggled.... As in hidden.... at check points.

Chicago, California or some other #hole stronghold in the US.

Usually some sort of "sanctuary" city/state.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Democrats, leftists are terrified that the wall will be effective.

So are a fair number of Republicans and their scumbag donors. Pigs on both sides of the trough.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Your reading comprehension needs a bit of practice.

To paraphrase what I said; if his goal was to persuade people who did not previously agree with him or where on the fence he liked failed because his speech was delivered poorly.

Persuade people of what? Did he ask for the wal or say anything else you disagreed with?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Democrats, leftists are terrified that the wall will be effective.

So are a fair number of Republicans and their scumbag donors. Pigs on both sides of the trough.

Yup, about time to drag the whole lot out of their little domed palaces and have some hangings.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Persuade people of what?

That a border wall is necessary.

That he is correct in refusing to sign a spending bill that does not include 5.7b for a boarder wall and other security measures.

That house and senate Democrats are at fault for the government shutdown for not compromising.

Did he ask for the wal

Yes

[did he] say anything else you disagreed with?

Its irrelevant to my point (that he gave a bad speech) whether I agree with what he said or not.
edit on 8-1-2019 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

That was technically not my question
Question restated :
If they go to those places , how does the illegal drugs get from the port to there ?
Illegal aliens crossing the border illegally with illegal drugs ?
Be my guess

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I cant believe there are people here who believe the majority of drugs are smuggled through legal ports of entry where we have the tightest security of all. Its bs.

If legal ports of entry is where most drugs enter this country why would anyone, especially drug cartels, even bother trying anything else? Common sense says you go with the proven winner. Yet every day boats are caught off both coasts and in the gulf. Drugs are intercepted coming across the southern border in vehicles and carried on foot. People still try to get drugs through airports for Christ sake. Why if driving it in is so easy?

Also, no one knows exactly what percentage of anything is intercepted anywhere. Its all educated guesses and best estimates. In order to know factually what percentage of anything crosses what border and where you have to know all the numbers and we don't. We can tell what percentage of the drugs we intercepted came across the southern border but that does not include the drugs we didn't intercept which is probably much more. I don't think anyone believes we are catching the majority of anything.

So, Trump is right. If we build the barrier it forces a percentage of smugglers to try a different approach. We know what those approaches are and we can strengthen our security there too. Every time we close an opening we increase the flow through the remaining openings making them easier to detect. This is absolutely the correct approach.

You start with the biggest opening and work your way down. The biggest opening for smuggling is our southern border. If that forces cartels to use boats we add to the coastal security. If that forces them to try driving through legal ports of entry we increase the security there too. We funnel ALL traffic directly through the security lines at legal POE's. Drug dogs, mechanical sniffers, etc. We can stop most if not all of it, but, it takes money and a plan. We have the plan. Now its up to the dems.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I mentioned this earlier.

here is a thread on Cuomo basically outing why the dems are terrible and responsible for the shutdown.

It is an unbelievable video.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
I cant believe there are people here who believe the majority of drugs are smuggled through legal ports of entry where we have the tightest security of all. Its bs.

If legal ports of entry is where most drugs enter this country why would anyone, especially drug cartels, even bother trying anything else? Common sense says you go with the proven winner. Yet every day boats are caught off both coasts and in the gulf. Drugs are intercepted coming across the southern border in vehicles and carried on foot. People still try to get drugs through airports for Christ sake. Why if driving it in is so easy?

Also, no one knows exactly what percentage of anything is intercepted anywhere. Its all educated guesses and best estimates. In order to know factually what percentage of anything crosses what border and where you have to know all the numbers and we don't. We can tell what percentage of the drugs we intercepted came across the southern border but that does not include the drugs we didn't intercept which is probably much more. I don't think anyone believes we are catching the majority of anything.

So, Trump is right. If we build the barrier it forces a percentage of smugglers to try a different approach. We know what those approaches are and we can strengthen our security there too. Every time we close an opening we increase the flow through the remaining openings making them easier to detect. This is absolutely the correct approach.

You start with the biggest opening and work your way down. The biggest opening for smuggling is our southern border. If that forces cartels to use boats we add to the coastal security. If that forces them to try driving through legal ports of entry we increase the security there too. We funnel ALL traffic directly through the security lines at legal POE's. Drug dogs, mechanical sniffers, etc. We can stop most if not all of it, but, it takes money and a plan. We have the plan. Now its up to the dems.

I was just composing a post on this very thing.

Deleted mine because I couldn't have said it better. Can't wait to see the Pro-Cartel crowd try and rebut this.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

It's an Unavailable video.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   

That was technically not my question
Question restated :
If they go to those places , how does the illegal drugs get from the port to there ?
Illegal aliens crossing the border illegally with illegal drugs ?
Be my guess

Errr... You lost me.

It's not fair, i've been drinking and just shotgunning tonight.

How dare you, how dare you corner me like that(with such a simple response).

No offense intended...
Like I say frequently to folks , "start your mind before you engage the fingers on the keyboard"
I initially set out to respond in a way to make that poster think before they posted

edit on 1/8/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Well he sounded reasonably lucid.

I think that a wall will not stop drugs. But I'm not against it. The traffickers will either go over or under IMO.

Trump would be better off getting money to add more people to man the border.

But where Trump is now sounding weak is that he promised that Mexico was going to pay for the wall. Now he's whining to congress to get money for something that he said someone else was gonna pay for.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Grambler

It's an Unavailable video.

Should be up now.

Please someone let me know so I can fix it if not

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join