It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Addresses The Nation LIVE From Oval Office 9pm EST - Jan-8-2019

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: DanDanDat

He "talked over" the Democrats' heads.

Perfect setup 🤣

Schumer and Pelosi caught off guard (not hard to do especially when they "plan" a response based on something else) 🤩

Chuck's and Nancy's college degrees just went down the toilet 😀

Yeah....Dumb and Dumber based their rebuttal on Trump declaring a national emergency, like he had hinted at.
They obviously were too busy getting their makeup done at the funeral home to watch and see what Trump really said tonight.
As usual the Dems are 2 steps behind everyone else.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Lol. CNN has a fact up now

Trump- 90% of heoin comes across the Southern Border.

Fact - Most product comes through legal ports of entry.

Spin, spin, spin.

I wonder how many leftists understand that those legal ports of entry are on the Southern Border which makes Trump 100% correct, but they are trying to use that to make the leftist think that Trump lied? Open your eyes people.

Your listening to people who has a rebuttal already written out, without even knowing what the argument will be.

The President should stop all immigration until something can be done about it.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Annee

He says nothing

The Democrat's response was void of any substance. It was a string of personal attacks on the President while offering no counter solutions to the problems they didn't even acknowledge. I thought this was supposed to be a rebuttal? They didn't rebut anything! They acknowledged NOTHING and addressed no concern of the American people with regard to border security, and we're supposed to...What? Cheer that # on?

No thanks, Annie. All I wanted to hear was a counter-proposal from Democrats that gave the American people a SINGLE CLUE as to the plan Democrats offer to end the influx of illegal immigrants, end human trafficking, and impede the inflow of drugs. Give us something to compare to the plan the president has already laid out. Something that DEMOCRATS are unified behind and promoting as workable legislation.

I got jack #.

The Democrats said nothing and you know it.

I got nothing..
That was...

Made me think

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Your reading comprehension needs a bit of practice.

To paraphrase what I said; if his goal was to persuade people who did not previously agree with him or where on the fence he likely failed because his speech was delivered poorly.
edit on 8-1-2019 by DanDanDat because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post]highvein[/post]
Lol. CNN has a fact up now

Trump- 90% of heoin comes across the Southern Border.

Fact - Most product comes through legal ports of entry.

Spin, spin, spin.

I wonder how many leftists understand that those legal ports of entry are on the Southern Border which makes Trump 100% correct, but they are trying to use that to make the leftist think that Trump lied? Open your eyes people.

Your listening to people who has a rebuttal already written out, without even knowing what the argument will be.

The President should stop all immigration until something can be done about it.

I think the point youre missing is that a wall wouldnt stop these drugs coming in through the ports of entry. Theyre smuggled.... As in hidden.... at check points.

Most is hidden in vehicles crossing through ports of entry like the bustling Nogales gate. Smaller amounts are carried in on foot by men dubbed "mules," hiking established desert smuggling routes. Some is ferried in by plane or boat.

usa today 2014

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I thought Trump mentioned better/more drug detection equipment requested by the Border Patrol.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
I thought Trump mentioned better/more drug detection equipment requested by the Border Patrol.

Nope, he's a one trick dummy.

He can't see beyond his wall. Cuz he's racist.

He has no concept of implementing a broader comprehensive plan that includes not only a wall, but increased funding for non wall security. Cuz he's a dummy and a racist and orange(orange is a bad color, unless orange is referring to ethnicity, then it's great).

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Carcharadon
Anyone against the wall and airtight border security is:

Pro-Sex Slavery.
Pro-Human Trafficking.
Pro-Cartel Profits.
Pro-Brown people being exploited to maximize corporate profits.
Pro-Terrorism.
Pro-Slave Labour.
Pro-Screw over American tradesworkers.

Being FOR those things are the ONLY reasons for being against the wall.

Anything else is just lies.

Democrat agenda 100%.

They also want to fill specific areas with illegals to make gerrymandering easier for Democrat voting pockets 🌚

Yes and no.

Yes because this is the Democrat stance and no because there are plenty of Republican scum and donors that also have that stance.

IMO this is a non-partisan issue as it crosses bother sides of the aisle.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

If they really believed Trump was wrong about the wall they would have sent the money to build it already.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I think the point youre missing is that a wall wouldnt stop these drugs coming in through the ports of entry. Theyre smuggled.... As in hidden.... at check points.

There is another point. The one's that smuggle it in by just walking across the border where there are no barriers.
A wall would stop that, especially with the use of tracking drones, which would be covered under this deal, if the obstructionists will compromise like the President is willing to do. Also over 800 million for medical support and housing of the illegal immigrants.

Trump won the game with his address.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

If they really believed Trump was wrong about the wall they would have sent the money to build it already.

Good point, since the requested amount is probably a fraction of a percent of the overall budget. They could give it to him, let him build it and then in 2 years point to it's failure(through actual statistics) and use that as a MAJOR point during his possible re-election.

I wonder why they don't do that?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   
5B in the federal budget is like letting your kid buy a 59 cent candy bar at the gas station when you just filled the tank on your escalade for 90 dollars and bought a 6 dollar latte.

"Sorry buddy, we can't afford that candy bar......it's a waste of money."
edit on 8-1-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   

You're "worried" about what Members here think ?

roflmao 🤣

What ever for ? 🐔

link   
Another point of notice for me was when he was listing the illegal drugs, he specifically left out Marijuana and yet that accounts for the greatest quantity of substances that are intercepted:

Since 2012, the number of traffickers apprehended at U.S. borders has steadily increased from 364,768 to nearly 500,000 in 2014. From 2012 to 2015 the U.S. Border Patrol has seized more than:

8.2 million lbs. of marijuana
32,600 lbs. of coc aine
34,000 ounces of heroin
17,600 lbs. of methamphetamine

Drug Abuse.com

Granted these numbers are a few years old, but I don't think the mix will have appreciably changed, though with more states going the legalization route, it might be interesting to see if there has been any measurable affect on the amount of that particular substance being brought across.

link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Democrats, leftists are terrified that the wall will be effective.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Democrats, leftists are terrified that the wall will be effective.

But even if it does, it's just statistics.

Who the hell cares about those when you can just lie and use buzzwords.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   

He said DHS requested

"cutting edge technology for detecting drugs and weapons"

Go listen to his speech.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: vinifalou

Good point, since the requested amount is probably a fraction of a percent of the overall budget. They could give it to him, let him build it and then in 2 years point to it's failure(through actual statistics) and use that as a MAJOR point during his possible re-election.

I wonder why they don't do that?

I think that would be called 'taking the high road.'

LUL!

edit on 8-1-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

He said DHS requested

"cutting edge technology for detecting drugs and weapons"

Go listen to his speech.

Why????

I'll just have CNN tell me what he didn't say tomorrow.

ETA: besides, what the hell does DHS know about border security that don lemmon doesn't know anyway.

I'll get my facts from "a trusted source".
edit on 8-1-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Don't believe everything you read in the Democrat MSM.

The same MSM told us that all those jobs would never come back 🤣

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join