It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘This president lies daily’ Critics demand networks fact-check Trump’s live speech

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Propagandalf

www.mcclatchydc.com...

WASHINGTON As congressional leaders huddled with administration officials in the Situation Room, where wars and covert actions are monitored, Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen threw out an alarming number that took members of Congress by surprise. Sitting around a conference table in the secure White House basement chamber on Wednesday, Nielsen told the group that included President Donald Trump, adviser Jared Kushner and top congressional leaders of both parties that border officials had apprehended more than 3,000 terrorists and 17,000 criminals along the U.S.-Mexico border in the past year, according to a person familiar with the private meeting.

Yep, still not proof trump said it.

BTW, care to apologize for your.... misstatement that no terrorists came over the border?

Actually, it IS proof that Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen said it.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad
a reply to: iplay1up2

The US Senate, and even more so the House of Representatives, are totally corrupt.

Yeah, their reports are meaningless, as a result.

Do you have other evidence?

Wait, wow, so the Republicans who wrote the U.S. Senate Report, are all corrupt? Really? I guess they all lied when they compiled the report. Everyone is a liar, accept trump.

You clearly, will not accept any source, including the Republican controlled Senate. Whatever.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Overall, we stop on average 10 individuals on the terrorist watchlist per day from traveling to or entering the United States—and more than 3,700 in Fiscal Year 2017. Most of these individuals are trying to enter the U.S. by air, but we must also be focused on stopping those who try to get in by land.

Additionally, Last year at our Southern Border, DHS encountered more than 3,000 “special interest aliens”—individuals with suspicious travel patterns who may pose a national security risk—not to mention the many criminals, smugglers, traffickers, and other threat actors who try to exploit our borders.

www.dhs.gov...

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   
So the answer is no.

Nobody’s suggesting fact checking Pelosi or Schumer.

See the problem?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

I'm still trying to get my head around the fact that the media wants honesty.

Ummm, since when?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Trump lies by the minute not just daily

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2

Yes, trump said 4000, terrorists have been detained at the border. Google it. I would post a link, I have no idea how to do it from my phone(I know my phone is capable, I just don't know how).

It's not like they were all detained at once.

I guess you are also not good at google.

Here's the actual quote...

KIRSTJEN NIELSEN, homeland security secretary: "CBP (Customs and Border Protection) has stopped over 3,000, what we call, special-interest aliens trying to come into the country on the southern border. Those are aliens who the intel community has identified are of concern. They either have travel patterns that are identified as terrorist travel patterns, or they have known or suspected ties to terrorism. So we have 3,000 that we know about." — Rose Garden news conference Friday.

New York Slimes

I have yet to find anywhere that Trump repeated that number to anyone.

However, if he did then he is quoting his Homeland Security Secretary.

Also, the number of potential terrorists they are finding attempting to cross the border is 7 a day.... not 6 a year.

Hope that helped.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: DanDanDat

Schumer and Pelosi dont lie

.... they just don't accept facts.

Or speak them.

To the OP, since they can't edit, cherry pick and take out of context a live speech, they best they have is to try to spin it in realtime.

Because, you know, people are just too stupid to understand plain english so we will all need a leftist interpretation.

🍻

Leftists need a leftist interpretation

Like “wanting to enforce border-control laws that exist in every single country on Earth is ‘racist’”. Those type of leftist interpretations?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

The MSM really believes it is their JOB to control what people think.

They cant handle being bypassed by Trump

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Facts do not have a party affiliation. Just like truth...
You are preparing for the lies to be called out and trying to get ahead of the train.

You might be correct, but unfortunately a good amount of personal judgement goes into fact checking claims and not just looking at straight facts. I'm not here to debate this you can research it here in ATS. Some things to consider...

1. How much time and effort is put into fact checking and more effort is put into verifying conservative points than liberal points and this allows for liberal points that may be false to go unnoticed, or not correctly identified. This can give more "true" statements to liberal points that with the same effort would be mostly true or mixture and also even false, but they get a lot of just plain true because of this.
2. Ratings: True, Mostly True, Mixture, Mostly False, False can be biased as in a story seen as a Conservative can be rated as mostly false and the same story seen as liberal can be rated mostly true...with both ratings being correct....

There is more than my simple examples, as I said research yourself some.

edit on 8-1-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

a reply to: Grambler

Why was he sharing that information with Russia do you think?

I dont know.

My guess would be to show them trump had a shot of winning. So?

Why was hillary paying firms to send foreign spies to go to kremlin agents to get dirt on trump?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Trump lies by the minute not just daily

And you REEEeee by the second and just not the minute...lol

edit on 8-1-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: rcwilliams775
That is pretty funny coming from the MSM, especially left leaning MSM. If they are "fact checking" 45, who the hell is fact checking them? Deceit & Manipulation...that is all American news has become!!!

After watergate, the left knew they had to keep the media on their side, by any means necessary.

Notice how some high ups at these networks have family in high places?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Why was he sharing that information with Russia do you think?

I dont know.

My guess would be to show them trump had a shot of winning. So?

Why was hillary paying firms to send foreign spies to go to kremlin agents to get dirt on trump?

He was sharing it with a Russian-Ukranian (not Russia), who happened to be his lobbying associate over the previous decade. The FBI, of course, says he had ties to the Kremlin.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by:iplay1up2 iplay1up2

You don't think its strange trumps campaign manager, giving Russia polling information, is the least bit strange?

It doesn't matter what you, or even I think. It's in Manaforts paperwork, and Muller does think its strange.

With all of your anti Hillary propaganda, I would assume the 2016 election was still going on.

Is there such a thing as a classified poll?

Why would the Russians need to go to Manafort for that info?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

After watergate, the left knew they had to keep the media on their side, by any means necessary.

Yes and CNN & MSNBC and their constant "polls".

89% of Americans want immigration reform.
95% of Americans want gun control.
90% of Americans want Trump impeached.
88% of Americans support Abortion

Actual # of people polled for these ridiculous numbers...4000 people...the number of kids in my 2 local High Schools...but yeah we can ASSume this measure speaks for the other 370,000,000 people, so lets report it as fact. Location of these interviews? liberal/left cities and college campuses..lol

edit on 1 8 2019 by rcwilliams775 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: rcwilliams775

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Yes and CNN & MSNBC and their constant "polls".

89% of Americans want immigration reform.
95% of Americans want gun control.
90% of Americans want Trump impeached.
88% of Americans support Abortion

Actual # of people polled for these ridiculous numbers...4000 people...the number of kids in my 2 local High Schools...but yeah we can ASSume this measure speaks for the other 370,000,000 people, so lets report it as fact. Location of these interviews? liberal/left cities and college campuses..lol

Wonder if they just poll the building?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: iplay1up2

Yes, trump said 4000, terrorists have been detained at the border. Google it. I would post a link, I have no idea how to do it from my phone(I know my phone is capable, I just don't know how).

It's not like they were all detained at once.

www.washingtonpost.com...

It was said by the administration, but it means the US border... not just the southern border, but including airports and ports of entry. The number isn't wrong, nor is it a lie. It also isn't wrong that our border with Mexico is the least secure entry point we have... thus, build the goddamned Wall and then add another 10 feet to its height just for the hell of it.

Just think, the people 'fact' checking the president are going to be people spinning the 'facts' just like the person you responded to.
SMH

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero

Facts do not have a party affiliation. Just like truth...
You are preparing for the lies to be called out and trying to get ahead of the train.

Better than being under it as you are so many times.
It is cartoonish the amount of times youve been run over.
But , your with her, right?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Yeah, this is the kind of irritating stuff that gets bandied around all the time
for whatever reason, Potus conflates all incomers and asylum seekers
as to be coming from Mexico !

bad people mexicans
we get it

Terrorists rarely enter the US through Mexico

However, and not many people know this,
the growing influx is from Venezuela !!

and the Brazillian influx could be next !!
Oooops did i just say that...!?

Anyhow.. there are decidedly not
3K terrorists assaulting the "southern border"
like you say, it's not a thing,
just not happening !

In fact, there has been a constant 10yr decline
in "southern border' arrestations

Hmm, maybe them crafty mexicans is finding another way in ?
Or law enforcement has gotten better ?
Or less people take their chances ?

In September, a state department report concerning 2017 found “no credible evidence indicating that international terrorist groups have established bases in Mexico, worked with Mexican drug cartels, or sent operatives via Mexico into the United States.

... snip ..
Mr. Trump, Mr. Pence and Ms. Nielsen are right that there has been a significant increase in border crossings in the past few months when compared with the same period in 2017.

Last month, for example, Customs and Border Protection reported arresting or denying entry to 51,912 migrants at the southwestern border, compared with 19,940 in May 2017.

But federal agents arrested or stopped 55,442 people in May 2016, 40,681 in May 2015 and 68,804 in May 2014, according to Customs and Border Protection.

The "immigration plague" is not a growing threat to national security
It's a recedeing problem that is being dealt with, relatively effectively
There is no need for a "physical wall"

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Potus backs down
and declares "business as usual" in the gov'ment

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join