It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alexandria Ocasio Cortez is the new Sarah Palin

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   
According to Max Boot.

Max Boot
American author
Max A. Boot is an American author, consultant, editorialist, lecturer, and military historian. He worked as a writer and editor for Christian Science Monitor and then for The Wall Street Journal in the 1990s. He is now Jeane J. Kirkpatrick Senior Fellow in National Security Studies at the Council on Foreign Relations.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Max Boot ✔
@MaxBoot
Ocasio-Cortez reminds me of Sarah Palin, another talented young communicator who made a big splash in national politics before having her lack of knowledge painfully exposed. This is a cautionary tale for Ocasio-Cortez

twitchy.com... ofl/

Max Boot Washington Post. LMFAO

He must have hit a nerve cause she fired off a couple tweets of her own,

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez ✔
@AOC Replying to @AOC
Let’s refocus our energy and coverage to policies instead of personality. Right now, 800,000 workers are without a paycheck. The President is holding gov operations hostage so that he can build a monument to himself on the southern border that the maj of Americans don’t want.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez ✔
@AOC
Naturally, the same week we kick-start a nat’l convo on marginal tax rates endorsed by Nobel-Prize winning economists, I’m being described as “vacuous.” If you’re allowed to characterize female politicians as “unlikeable,” are we allowed to describe takes like these “resentful?”

I am reminded of the old adage

"better to keep your mouth shut and let people think your a fool, than to open it and remove any doubt".

She is a funny flash in the pan.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
She does seem a bit more fired up than normal.

With her age and name recognition, I think she has a chance for a political career. She is too left to be my favorite, but if she is in this for the long haul, I would hope she takes time to slow down and learn as much as possible from her experiences.

That way she isn't 45 and saying the dumb #.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

She is a funny flash in the pan.

Not hardly! The future has a face and AOC is wearng it.

It doesnt matter if she gets things wrong sometimes.
It doesnt matter that she gets details wrong.
It doesnt matter is inexperienced.

None of it matters because she is morally correct!

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Pretty much my analysis from the beginning. Like Palin before her, and Trump for that matter, they are being propped up by the establishment to fail and demoralize their respective movements.

And like you said, Ocasio-Cortez makes it easy on them. She likes to pretend that she is all about ideas and policies, but all she does is steal other people's policies and present them as her own. Even more than dangerous than that she doesn't even understand the basic elements of these policies. Apply some maieutics and ask her to explain the policies she is espousing and her eyes quickly go crossed and utter nonsense comes tumbling out of her mouth.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Like it or not, the comparison to Sarah Palin is accurate. AOC is completely inexperienced, and most of her ideas are painfully naïve.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Morally correct.

Kind of like the current President.

Don't bother him with the facts, he'll make up his own.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

If you notice when Max Boot criticizes her

Ocasio-Cortez reminds me of Sarah Palin
she accuses him of attacking all women politicians

.” If you’re allowed to characterize female politicians as “unlikeable,”

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Maybe the same as people who are obsessed with her, both the left and the right are literally obsessed with this person

it is pathetic really...

and for the record she is a Democrat attempting to gain the "Radical" movement
edit on 8-1-2019 by XAnarchistX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Cortez is not like Palin.

With Palin, you were encouraged to insult, degrade her children, her looks, the way she spoke, and her intelligence.

Do that with Cortez and the left loses their sh#t.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
Maybe the same as people who are obsessed with her, bot the left and the right are literally obsessed with this person

it is pathetic really...

and for the record she is a Democrat attempting to gain the "Radical" movement

Maybe the same as people who are obsessed with her, bot the left and the right are literally obsessed with this person

What does this even say?

By the way being concerned with politics doesn't make you obsessive.

edit on 8-1-2019 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Yeah not so much. The only political equivalent to Sarah Palin is sitting in the Oval Office as we speak.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I will tell you that without Sarah Palin breaking ground in 2008, Trump would not have won over the Midwest as easily.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
This is why we like her,

edit on 8-1-2019 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

being "concerned" with politics is one thing, being obsessed is finding videos of Her dancing and pretending it is a scandal, it is obsessing over what she wears, how she talks, what she does "etc"

same as people were obsessed with Palin, same as people are obsessed with Trump, and Hillary, and insert any politicians name

the left, right and centre have become obsessed with the idolatry of politicians

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

She's hot though

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Whoopi Goldberg asks Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to stop 'pooping' on other Democrats on 'The View'

www.foxnews.com...

lol

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

who knew she was from san francisco?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Agreed. They're both bobos.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
Whoopi Goldberg asks Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to stop 'pooping' on other Democrats on 'The View'

www.foxnews.com...

lol

Woopi is the new hero of alt right now

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Because only those two politicians have ever said anything cringe worthy?

I think you misunderestimate the clever stupid of the average politician. Trump himself was there on 7-Eleven after the World Trade Center came down and despite the negative press, covfefe.

LOL

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join