It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird star spotted. Any thoughts?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: w121x080y120z850
a reply to: chr0naut

It shows up on the computer. I believe it used a reference to a near by star and its speed. It is orbiting a red dwarf.

Can you provide coordinates or catalog ID for the object or its companion?
edit on 8/1/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Put the damn thing down before you get your butt fired. And no, we know you're not a cosmetologist.

OP just signed up to ATS.

How the hell do you know how well they cut hair?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: w121x080y120z850
we need data to verifly, target catalog no. the captured data, what filtering data and mechanisms for cleaning up the captures noise, and the hardware and its enviroment to filter out the noise from that as well.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: schuyler

Put the damn thing down before you get your butt fired. And no, we know you're not a cosmetologist.

OP just signed up to ATS.

How the hell do you know how well they cut hair?

Probably because this silly story sounds like it was written by a hairdresser

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

It's basically heavy charges rings which expand and contract at a microscopic level in conjunction with magnets. To me it looks like a CRT schematic, but cooler.

That sounds weird because you'd have to have incredible magnetic field density, enough to produce relativistic effects, to change photon paths (lensing), if that is how it works. Perhaps it is some sort of plasma lens, but that would probably swamp the low energy of the few photons that we could capture from such distant objects?

I was thinking more like the telescope was determining quantum state of photons (spin, polarization) rather than collection/concentration.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

it's a concentric cylindrical setup, uses metallic hydrogen to generate field. the rings vibrate, so on. I'm just thr guy who photographed the schematics and carry the finished product...

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   

...uses metallic hydrogen ...

It almost certainly does not.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

This is my hair, I'll mess this hair up if I want to mess this hair up. but where are these hair jokes coming from? Are you calling me a hair brain?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

It was a bad joke referring to a poster saying.

you're not a cosmetologist.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
On pure wonderment.

A super Jupiter high in sodium, colliding with a super Earth+ planet of mostly water, would probably make for a very big, bright object, starlike in luminous appearance, but far too small to be a star.

Unlikely that this is your find, since I can't imagine that reaction scaling to the size of planets in a way that isn't obvious.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
So how did you determine the mass of the star?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I believe that it references the size of a red giant it orbits and something to do with the smaller stars orbit. I honestly do not know. I've stated I was just playing with the equipment with Jerry. We wanted to see how the super advanced tech works. I was the one who photographed the designs in 187 so I was able to get it to power on and look out into a deep part of space. I was trying to see if there were UFOs or galaxies or something out there.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

it's a concentric cylindrical setup, uses metallic hydrogen to generate field. the rings vibrate, so on. I'm just thr guy who photographed the schematics and carry the finished product...

Room temperature Metallic Hydrogen requires pressures we can't reproduce (in the vicinity of 58 million PSI).

Additionally, liquid metallic Hydrogen is superfluid (an atom smaller than any other, that can slip through other solid molecules), so we couldn't hang on to it if we could make it.

Of course, you'd have to go through a liquid phase before you could get to solid (at around 218 million PSI or absolute zero temperature).

edit on 8/1/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

So you have been studying this star, you didn't just see it and report here.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Sounds like a glowing gas giant that was cooked to a cinder when the red giant star expanded. Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Makes sense. So I can't name it "Salt Star 1" and be famous? Bummer man.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I just flipped through my photos of the designs, I have no idea what this means but:

"After injection H3 is suspended between duel standing magnetic waves which press inwards until metallic state is achieved."

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   
How much is the price tag on it?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

hi walt - welcome to ATS .

now pis of you lying wank puffin

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

not sure how to answer that. it's a prototype based on stolen designs.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join