It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your zodiac sign may have changed, thanks to NASA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Nope. Even with the new one, I'm still a Libra on the cusp of Scorpio.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium
a reply to: CosmicAwakening

I've mentioned this before as I discovered this a few years ago looking at "Ayurveda Astrology" And once I started looking at My "real sign" it made it all gel.

I recommend anyone who is interested to get a 'workup' (FREE) And they will be able to tell You what the sky was like at the 'time of entry' I wouldn't know what the site was but I did make mention in My former posts..

I'd also suggest looking at a FREE "Dosha/Guna Quiz" this will tell You which foods/herbs to take to get in 'balance'...

Thanks, I will definitely check this out.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I got bumped to Leo.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

NASA is applying their understanding of science to something more esoteric and spiritual. I wouldn’t expect NASA to understand the process that the ancient Babylonians used nor would they recognize the spiritual aspects of the design.

edit on 2019/1/8 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
NASA is applying there understanding of science to something more esoteric and spiritual. I wouldn’t expect NASA to understand the process that the ancient Babylonians used nor would they recognize the spiritual aspects of the design.

Somebody on a YouTube show I was watching said something along those lines. Why does NASA seem to have an increasing interest in anthropology and archeology? Seems like they're looking in the wrong direction - down rather than up. Maybe they should leave that stuff to the experts.

EDIT: Oh, I see it's aimed at kids.
edit on 8-1-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I may have missed something in this thread but did NASA come up with the pic of Ophiuchus: Nov. 29 – Dec. 17 .

Great thread and I'd be more interested if there was a zodiac sign for Ophiuchus.

Kind regards,

Bally

No worries, found it.

Bally

edit on 8-1-2019 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I think this thread is pretty pointless.

It's like "discovering" that there were eight dwarfs instead of seven in Snow White fairytale.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Its a post from 2016, so maybe its all been shifted a day or 2 already

OK YES WE'RE FREAKING OUT

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

It's like "discovering" that there were eight dwarfs instead of seven in Snow White fairytale.

There was; The only female (Yin principle) and She was named "Missy" because You never saw Her...

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   
No way I will become a Libra. I would have to show balance.
I am a dang Scorpion by birthright
And it does fit my personality so nicely

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   
BRB let me check.

Nope, my wife still thinks I'm an asshole so definitely still a scorpio.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
What if the distance to the planets and stars wasn’t accurate at all? What if we are living in a “gravity well”
So massive that it distorts all instruments used to measure it. What if this gravity well were a massive black hole and we were at the event horizon and the past was flowing in and the future flowing out as Hawking radiation or “information” or causal loop? What if the moon was only 30’mikes away? The stars only a few hundred miles (even this is just made up since we would have no reference other than what we create) We would never be able to tell this.

What if our consciousness was a massive gravity well and so everything we measure inside the skull completely skewed? A singularity so powerful that no matter how we tried we could not break free. All math would be correct but based on our own existence and life all around us that we can’t see due to this massive distortion? Everything would appear normal (our normal) but outside all information worked completely different? Etc
edit on 9-1-2019 by drewsocean because: Spelling

edit on 9-1-2019 by drewsocean because: Same! Oops lol

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

Oh, sure. Everybody forgets "Leaky."

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

originally posted by: IanForge
Actually, this so-called "new sign" has been known about for centuries. The current zodiac is but a Westernization of much older systems, and due to some really intense fascination with making numbers mean more than they actually do, it was "decided" that twelve works better than 13. But, yeah, if you're one of the types who thinks the motion of celestial bodies millions of miles away has actual bearing on your life, then I could see how this would be big news.

Did you read the OP? The current zodiac is directly derived from the Babylonian. Babylonians decided to use only 12 constellations because it worked better with their calendar having 12 months.

Vedic or Indian Astrology uses 27 constellations and yet only have 12 zodiacs. The number of constellations do not change the zodiac signs just because NASA says it should. Astrology is not astronomy!

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   

NASA have changed NOTHING.

The position of various constellations relative to our view of them from Earth however, has. Something that has never and will likely never changed however is the fact that at no time has our sun passed "through" any of these constellations, nor has it interacted with those constellations, or come close (by any reasonable standard) to doing any of those things in any small manner whatsoever, except in the same way that this solar system interacts with every other solar system, by way of adding its photonic voice to the song of the universe which permeates practically everything in the flipping thing.

But NASA have changed nothing. They have merely correctly stated that if you must obsess over constellations and dates at which they appear prominent in the sky, then it is probably worth actually taking note of when these things are actually prominent, rather than when they WERE prominent. Of course, the entire belief system is provably false, unlike many other religious beliefs around the world which are mysterious enough to be completely beyond examination by the methods of science, so what its advocates do is largely immaterial to the thinking person. However, its not accurate to suggest that NASA has changed anything. They just pay attention and reported the facts pertaining to the actual dates at which these constellations are in prominence in the modern era.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Well I'm glad to hear I'm not Cancer anymore... was always a bit of a downer having to say "I'm Cancer" when asked the all important question...

A new year and a new star sign! Gemini here we go baby!!

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   
My birthday is 3rd December, so it would appear i'm an Ophiuchus!

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: kingsquirel
N=Never
A= A
S=Straight
A=Answer

Lol...Had a great Chuckle...They believe they have finally got something correct!

Why do people think it big or clever to say this? Have a look at NASA's website - plenty of straight answers for you there.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join