It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I think this is one of the best quotes out there. Is one of the reasons we have so many issues today.

The video below. The host asks people options about Trump quotes, but they are not Trump quotes, they are from femocrats. The peoples’ reactions are basically what you expected.

They might fool you that they are talking about ideas but they are really just talking about a person. They might seem like great minds but at the end you trousers that they really have small minds.

Got get me wrong , talking some ‘noise’ is fun and a good mental workout, if you do it right....

www.campusreform.org...

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

So, basically, this post is about people.

LOL

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

There’s videos all over YouTube of the same stuff. I you tell them it’s from a dem they love it no matter what it is, if you say it’s trumps policy they hate it no matter what it is. That’s why people call them NPCs, they are incapable of free form thought and just parrot scripts.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

It's one of my favorite quotes also.

There's a reason that much of what passes for "news" these days is little more than gossip. And opinion, of course -- too often presented as (and believed to be) fact and truth. People eat it up and it distracts the masses from real issues...

Which is why this very thread may degenerate into just another thread about the people who do so; but it is also an opportunity to discuss the dynamic and how to counter it in both private conversations and public dialogue.

It can be a fine line to draw though -- and I sure don't have all the answers.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

LOL

Only if that's where your mind stops.

It can also be about the various ways and means of debate/discussion/dialogue among people, without singling out specific people. It can focus on productive and practical communication, as opposed to trash talking and cheap points.

Are we up to the challenge???

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Really you people are getting so damn tight about downtrodden hopeless people who want to escape the dire conditions of poverty .

"This is mine , leave it alone , go away " it's like five year olds having tantrums . In every abusers personally conceived beliefs there are always his own entitlement issues .

Are you being trained to be fascist babies ?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip

Really you people are getting so damn tight about downtrodden hopeless people who want to escape the dire conditions of poverty .

"This is mine , leave it alone , go away " it's like five year olds having tantrums . In every abusers personally conceived beliefs there are always his own entitlement issues .

Are you being trained to be fascist babies ?

What does this have to do with the OP?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I don't really enjoy late night comedy, but some of my favorite excerpts are when they go interview people to do these exact things. It is hilarious at first and then really depressing that people are that uninformed. Unfortunately those seem to be the people that speak the loudest - on both sides of the spectrum.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

LOL

It can also be about the various ways and means of debate/discussion/dialogue among people, without singling out specific people. It can focus on productive and practical communication, as opposed to trash talking and cheap points.

So , you are confirming this thread is about people .

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

So , you are confirming this thread is about people .

Nope. Not at all.

We can discuss the "who," or we can discuss the "whats," "whys" and "hows." Discussing the "who" is to discuss people. Discussing the "whats," "whys" and "hows" is to discuss communication of humankind as a whole, rather than a person or people specifically.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

LOL

Of course I am up for a challenge in the debate.

But the example you gave is exactly one which polarizes debate and is 'person' centric around Trump.

And this is the rub, he has made himself an exemplar of one side of the issues and has demonstrated, again and again, a 'me vs them' approach.

The truth is, I actually applaud some of his proposals and actions while I deride others.

I applaud Trump's early withdrawal of troops from foreign situations. It is risky and his motivations may be different than mine but at least he is 'walking the talk'.

I do, however disdain his rhetoric on undocumented migrants (and those who might possibly migrate without following the futile 'official' path).

It is also clear that in a country that overspends trillions on defense and bails out corrupt corporates, also in trillions, that the priorities are wrong. Am I expected to believe that the "draining of the swamp" somehow involves giving the swamp creatures better tax breaks than the average citizen, and also crippling the efforts of just jurisprudence and law enforcement?

However, I have been accused of being pro-Clinton and anti-Trump as if those people matter one whit to me.

In truth, there are more things I don't like about both of them than there are things I do and I can't believe that the people of the US would be so complacent about accepting a choice between two such bad options.

While the American experiment in fair governance, human dignity, rights and personal liberty was beautiful and true, look what has become of it.
edit on 8/1/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Lately people are playing the blame game too much and twisting interpretation of issues to fit their need. These people do not even remember what they said in the past, they are against things now that they were for before, most of the people in our country are not able to reason correctly anymore, I notice it here a lot, people can't comprehend the whole truth so easily anymore. They see a little truth thrown in and believe the whole interpretation is real. That has been happening for many decades but it is worse than it used to be, people with a little knowledge now believe they are superior to others.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I pretty much agree with everything you said except this:

But the example you gave is exactly one which polarizes debate and is 'person' centric around Trump.

I definitely agree that the video and the OP presents the entire issue/argument/debate around "Trump," but I never even mentioned Trump! They exemplify and personify the problem.

If I were to address the issue presented in the video, I would focus on Trump's policies -- not Trump -- and the best interests of the citizens (and therefore the nation), and the powers/restrictions of the office of president, the letter and spirit of our organic law and Constitution, etc. -- all the things that are pertinent regardless of "Trump," because as we know, "Trump" was "Obama" before "Trump" and "Bush" before "Obama" and so on... the persons change but the principles and problems are the same regardless.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
It's a nice quote....but what does it say about sites like this one? Makes one think.
edit on 8 1 2019 by IanForge because: word added

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

a reply to: chr0naut

I pretty much agree with everything you said except this:

I definitely agree that the video and the OP presents the entire issue/argument/debate around "Trump," but I never even mentioned Trump! They exemplify and personify the problem.

If I were to address the issue presented in the video, I would focus on Trump's policies -- not Trump -- and the best interests of the citizens (and therefore the nation), and the powers/restrictions of the office of president, the letter and spirit of our organic law and Constitution, etc. -- all the things that are pertinent regardless of "Trump," because as we know, "Trump" was "Obama" before "Trump" and "Bush" before "Obama" and so on... the persons change but the principles and problems are the same regardless.

Oh, i see, I wasn't very clear in my response. Sorry. I was actually referring to the linked video as "the example that you gave".

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Left, Right, all just sheep on different sides of the pen.

join