It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sharpest View Ever of the Triangulum Galaxy , 40 Billion Stars and Counting

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fisherr
To think, people actually believe we are alone.

Amazing.

What came first? The Chicken or the Egg?

Are we the Chicken or the Egg?

Everything has a first, a beginning. Everything starts somewhere. Maybe we're the first life, maybe the last life. Maybe we're somewhere in the middle.

We'll never know until something contacts us. Until then just as with life, the universe and meaning of everything Not a single one of us knows. Or they're choosing not to share it with us.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

egg layers - predate birds

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   

The egg , it existed well before the chicken .

We are the chicken , the egg which in this case is the Universe gave rise to us just as it will give rise to others who are not chickens.

Ingredients and conditions needed to create life exist universally , I find it hard to believe that if you have the ingredients and conditions to create life in one part of the Universe those same ingredients won't create life in other parts of the Universe given the right conditions.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

40 billion ….!!

Man, that's a crapload of fingers and toes ………..

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
And some people think we're alone in the universe. The astrological numbers stars in the universe is hard to comprehend. I believe there's life out there and one day it might just show up on our door step. I think mankind is severely unprepared for such an event. The religious nutters are going to lose their minds when it happens.

Like Carl Sagan said "I hope we aren't the only ones to be able to enjoy the magnificence of the Universe". I greatly suspect we are not.

Are they here?
IDK?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

The egg , it existed well before the chicken .

We are the chicken , the egg which in this case is the Universe gave rise to us just as it will give rise to others who are not chickens.

Ingredients and conditions needed to create life exist universally , I find it hard to believe that if you have the ingredients and conditions to create life in one part of the Universe those same ingredients won't create life in other parts of the Universe given the right conditions.

That is eggsactly correct. The egg that had the chicken in it was 1st.

SOUND LOGIC!

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
chicken came first as it came out of a machine of alien nature
to feed worker humans a nourishing meat and delightful eggs

if this not true, how did they survive when humans werent protecting them from foxes

foxes on all continents

how did chickens survive without us.

nobody knows

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: wills120
If you believe in the majesty and greatness of "God", you seriously can't believe that he/she/it would be content with creating life only on one little tiny planet, in one little star system, in one little galaxy, in one little universe among infinite universes.

Well, when you have everything, like "God," why would such a being be discontent or want to create anything? Motivation assumes a lack of something. If you don't lack anything, why do anything?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

originally posted by: Blue Shift
There are unique things in the universe.

What things are unique in the universe? Please quote examples.

You.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

lack weakness, creates it in us so he can know his own power

not what i think, call it automatic writing

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks
chicken came first as it came out of a machine of alien nature
to feed worker humans a nourishing meat and delightful eggs

if this not true, how did they survive when humans werent protecting them from foxes

foxes on all continents

how did chickens survive without us.

nobody knows

Actually, the chicken is a cross between two different jungle foul and not a "natural' creature at all.

But, in keeping with the context of the discussion. The chicken would have to come first, because you have to determine the type of egg by what has lain it. You can not define an egg by what is inside, because to do so, and the "chick" dies, it would then be a dead egg. I was raised on a farm and I do not believe I have ever seen a dead anything lay an egg.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: tinymind

You have to wait for it to grow to decide what it is. Egg was 1st.

Back to the OP

Oh what a Great View!

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: Blue Shift
There is no one exactly like you on Earth so why wouldn't there be unique beings in other galaxies?

Oh, I never said there couldn't be. But do you know for sure that there are? Keeping in mind that hypothetical aliens are essentially non-existent.

There might be aliens out there. And monkeys might fly out of my butt. I figure the odds are about the same.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fisherr
To think, people actually believe we are alone.

Amazing.

Yep, I look at that and can't even think we are are alone. There is just way too much out there to think we are the only ones here. I think we are just kept apart, at least in our early existence for obvious reasons. We still have a blood lust for conquest. Maybe galactic war is not a reality that exists..

it is an awesome display. It just looks like grains of sand until you zoom in and see the stars. Thanks O.P!

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Something to think about, the Fermi Paradox might not apply to the entire universe, but could very well apply to an entire galaxy. Even that point alone, makes our earth and our Milky Way galaxy special.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Or....we're not random at all. Look at it this way.

If you have flour, eggs, and milk just sitting on a table that cake won't make itself right? Either you have to intentionally combine those ingredients to make a cake or perhaps a natural event occurs that combines those ingredients. And earth quake shakes the ingredients off the table and into a messy mix. It's messy but the result is still the same.

Random means without reason. I think the word random is an oxymoron. Nothing ever occurs without reason. Just because we (mankind) do not understand the "why" behind something I think we do our species a disservice by simply writing something off to "random".

That aside...the 4 primary elements that make up biological life on Earth are the 4 most abundant elements found throughout the Universe. We are nothing more than a mathematical probability and life similar to Earth life has most certainly occurred more times throughout the Universe than we can possibly comprehend.

edit on 9-1-2019 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Being capable of being home to others does not mean that's necessarily the case. That's 100% speculation or personal belief.

For all we really know, there's nothing out there but gas and rocks. But, as Carl Sagan famously said (quoting someone else and parphrasing), it would be a terrible waste of space if the cosmos were indeed barren.

I agree, but my personal belief is that habitable planets "out there" will stay barren until.... we receive them. Those planets are for us.

I think the Mormons are more correct about this than even they know.

For all we know, the universe is just a vacant, beatiful lot around the one place in it with intelligent life.

But then there are all those observations of small grey entities racing around in stylish crafts.

Those may be nothing more than inter-dimensional visitors from other similar universes, where THEY are the sole occupants.
edit on 9-1-2019 by Uberdoubter because: Small change.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I agree with you mostly. Just I like to look at all angles.
While it seems likely other life would exist outside of our own Solar System, it is still possible that we we are the only organic life to yet exist.

Truth of the matter is until we find evidence either way, none of us truly knows and we may never know in our species lifetime.

But it is nice to wonder and theorize.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo

it is still possible that we we are the only organic life to yet exist.

How is it possible, when the universe has existed for 13+ billion years, and we're just a clump of matter orbiting an ordinary star in a galaxy with billions of stars, in a universe with billions upon billions of galaxies?

Life is something that, given enough time, matter just does.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 05:52 AM
link   
And then keep this in mind:

As well as this:

m.imgur.com...

The distances.... in order for contact, we either have to discover wormholes or hope that the other guys do or that they invent the hyperdrive.
edit on 10/1/19 by flice because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join