It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sharpest View Ever of the Triangulum Galaxy , 40 Billion Stars and Counting

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: Blue Shift
There is no one exactly like you on Earth so why wouldn't there be unique beings in other galaxies?

Certainly, we exist. So life "manifesting" and growing happened at least once. What exactly makes you think it will happen again, since we have no idea how it happened in the first place? Just sheer numbers? Numbers and probabilities don't make dead amino acids cluster within a cell membrane and start reproducing, so unless you know specifically how that happens, big numbers don't mean squat.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Being capable of being home to others does not mean that's necessarily the case. That's 100% speculation or personal belief.

For all we really know, there's nothing out there but gas and rocks. But, as Carl Sagan famously said (quoting someone else and parphrasing), it would be a terrible waste of space if the cosmos were indeed barren.

I agree, but my personal belief is that habitable planets "out there" will stay barren until.... we receive them. Those planets are for us.

I think the Mormons are more correct about this than even they know.

Like they say, every religion or belief system has a piece to the great puzzle of Truth.

I'm pretty sure they say that, right? 🤔

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   
It feels great to know that we own all of that, because we are special and the only ones worthy enough to be in this Universe. Blessings.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Awesome link/photos, thanks for sharing.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I can't even fathom the belief that we are alone in the universe....it's so myopic. Forty-billion stars in this galaxy alone? If you believe in the majesty and greatness of "God", you seriously can't believe that he/she/it would be content with creating life only on one little tiny planet, in one little star system, in one little galaxy, in one little universe among infinite universes.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:48 AM
link   
there is a certain section of society - that believes [ or claims to believe ] that stars are " fake " - and merely "things " in the alledged " firmament " or " dome " [ they are not always internally consistent

but a " typical " claim alledges that there is a " solid dome " above the alledged " flat earth " - - the size is often vague - but some claim rockets " bounce off it "

so one has to ask - how " they " get 40 bilion " objects " in such a small space on the " dome "

its not a serious question - but sometimes the handwaving and mental gymnastics displays are amusing

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Isn't a new, more powerful space-telescope supposed to be placed in orbit soon?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fisherr
To think, people actually believe we are alone.

Amazing.

People do not..religions..and science do.

They are the ones always telling us maybe..but Nothing.

Indeed none of it matters if we cannot verify a dam thing.

And how can we...noone tells us a dam straight thing.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 01:56 AM
link   

I can't imagine there not being life elsewhere with billions of galaxies.

Why do you believe in billions of galaxies full of trillions of stars each...who really has the proof.

We do not...just sayin.

We cannot verify a sewer pipe exists 15 feet under the ground with all the latest tech yet HEY..NO PROB I CAN SEE ALL THESE GALAXIES through the filter of OUR OWN !

WHICH APPARENTLY at warp speed would take thousands of years to cross.

Some haphazard bs math is apparent all around.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Isn't a new, more powerful space-telescope supposed to be placed in orbit soon?

Yes, but it will be an infrared telescope, so the picture will look different.

Something like this: photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...
Or like this: upload.wikimedia.org...
but in much higher resolution, of course.

Mind you, ever this Hubble image is not exactly in true-colours, as it used two filters - blue and near-infrared.
edit on 9-1-2019 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician
It feels great to know that we own all of that, because we are special and the only ones worthy enough to be in this Universe. Blessings.

We do not all own that...only those who can take it.

Which excludes literally everyone..illuminati included.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
there is a certain section of society - that believes [ or claims to believe ] that stars are " fake " - and merely "things " in the alledged " firmament " or " dome " [ they are not always internally consistent

but a " typical " claim alledges that there is a " solid dome " above the alledged " flat earth " - - the size is often vague - but some claim rockets " bounce off it "

so one has to ask - how " they " get 40 bilion " objects " in such a small space on the " dome "

its not a serious question - but sometimes the handwaving and mental gymnastics displays are amusing

And you think the gymnastics and handwaving are not even worse in the 40 billion claim ?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Again one of those photos that mocks religion and the idea of material condsolidation along with wars.... this is just one galaxy, and we even only inhabit a single planet in one solarsystem..... and this is how we do it.... spend our time.

I wonder if out there there are races that are more sensible and in tune with balance.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:14 AM
link   
And some people think we're alone in the universe. The astrological numbers stars in the universe is hard to comprehend. I believe there's life out there and one day it might just show up on our door step. I think mankind is severely unprepared for such an event. The religious nutters are going to lose their minds when it happens.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:20 AM
link   
This zoomable view of Triangulum galaxy from the Very Large Telescope isn't too shabby either: www.eso.org...

(and it's closer to true colours)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

as i understand how the 40 bn number was calculated - no i dont

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Makes us the planetary Adam
Once we populate out we would be the elders thee first.... God.
Nah I reckon we are the pups

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

I can't imagine there not being life elsewhere with billions of galaxies.

I'm pretty sure I exist. Cognito ergo sum, and all that. But what are the odds of someone exactly like me existing somewhere else in the vastness of space and time? There are unique things in the universe, and life on this planet might just be one of those things.

That's a question that hurts my brain sometimes.

Is the universe finite or infinite?

If it's finite, then what encapsulates the universe? What's at the 'end', a giant wall? Nothingness? What exists beyond the borders of the universe?

If the universe is infinite, then that means there are no borders, and no restrictions. There are also infinite possibilities and infinite things that could happen within that universe. Which means there is likely another me sitting typing this same sentence right now somewhere else within this universe.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
There are unique things in the universe.

What things are unique in the universe? Please quote examples.
edit on 9-1-2019 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

It's mind blowing that we're exploring our solar system with our telescopes, probes and rovers. However, it's equally impressive when you lay on a blanket on a cool summer night, far removed from city lights, catching a buzz while gazing at the stars. It still, to this day, blows me away! S & F

I will admit to being an old man, but when I was very young,I lived in a heavily industrialized city in the U S. I can vividly remember being out at night and seeing a sky filled with the stars of the milky way.

Now that I am old, and live in the rural country side, I look up at night and am glad I can see the moon. I would hate to see the current view from where I once lived. The air is so polluted it is getting hard to make out any of the stars I "grew up" with.

I am glad we have the images from our space telescopes to show our grand children.
edit on 9-1-2019 by tinymind because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2019 by tinymind because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join