It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama, what an idiot.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Mr Obama actually came up in conversation a week ago. Now I live in the UK and I have a black niece (do not flame me for using black as all will become apparent), she is a teacher and her close friend also a black teacher, comes from America. Her friend from America has a close school friend who was in Obamas admin and my niece and her friend were at the inauguration, close up.
Now the story, why I mention black is because Obama is black and no racism enters into it. I asked my nieces friend about the wall, just as a talking topic, she went off on a super rant. She said Trump was an idiot (by the way these were her American relatives thoughts as well) bbuutt Obama she said was known in her family as "Obama the deporter" and she did not have a good word to say about him. Whether it is true or not but she said Obama deported more people than any other president.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

Very stale.

You really need to get some new material.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
You and I agree that we should keep the criminals out, but make it easier for the hard working, but poor immigrants to be here legally. Other than the Dreamer Act, Obama pretty much failed on making the path to citizenship easier and faster.

Can you fill me in on what Trump is doing about this, to make him so much better than Obama? In what ways is he proposing to make it faster, cheaper and easier for the “good guys” to be here legally? What has he done so far?

Well, I think keeping criminals and welfare leeches out is a Lot more important than making sure it's nice and easy for good (on paper) ones to get in.

And he has taken steps to keep the bad ones out. The good ones wont be the ones crossing by night in the middle of the desert. So a wall in some area would help to fill gaps. A bunch of people carrying a ladder, or assembling a ladder at the wall and climbing over it is gonna be a LOT easier to detect than people darting through the shadows, going from bush to bush, lying low and sneaking across.

The good ones wont be the ones using women and children as human shields as they chuck rocks and attempt to bum rush our border. Trump sent the military to assist in dealing with them.

He's taking steps to make it a LOT more difficult for human traffickers to sell underage sex slaves, as they rely heavily on weak borders and weak immigration laws to move in and out of a country undetected, and I love him for that.

Don't you love him for that, kaylaluv? Or do scenes like this with children being bought and sold belong in our country?

(I dont know where this is supposed to be in the following music video, but it's not like I'm gonna go looking for location specific evidence leaked by disgusted law enforcement of the local victims...but I guarantee you it's out there. I saw something on 8chan a few weeks ago that made me sick. The tied up children packaged for sale as if at an auction appeared Hispanic or Arabian in origin. I think people should be forced to look at such evidence. Cause I'm not gonna go willingly looking for it. But seeing it by surprise made an impact, for sure.)

For A Better Day - Aviici
(there is nothing graphic or visually disturbing, I promise, except when it shows the children, there is at least one female child of age 11 or 12 who I noticed is shirtless, if that offends you)

Or should we leave our border porous and law enforcement with one hand tied behind their backs, allowing this stuff to go on, all because you wanna shed a tear for the few good ones that couldn't get in?

He doesn't HAVE to do anything to make it Easier for ANYONE to get into the country. There is a system in place for that already.

edit on 1/8/2019 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
It’s a shame that rwnj’s cant separate the differences between border security an an archiaic wall that will serve no purpose. Well besides satisfying the basket of deplorables who will quickly lurch to the next thing they are told to fear. Wash rinse and repeat. Deplorables are nothing if not predictable. a reply to: network dude

"Yes... Very good, soundguy... We must attack any efforts to secure the border." -Mexican Cartel Druglords

Like I told kaylaluv:

A bunch of people carrying a ladder, or assembling a ladder at the wall and climbing over it is gonna be a LOT easier to detect than people darting through the shadows, going from bush to bush, lying low and sneaking across. 

If you cant understand that... I dunno. Maybe you were born and raised under some power lines...big, thick, crackling power lines that make your hair stand up on your arm.

There's definitely something wrong with your brain. That's the point I'm trying to make. But, just to be clear, I have things wrong with my brain, too. I'm not saying you are unique in this way. I'm just pointing out this clear contradiction for your benefit. When you become aware of your problems, it becomes exponentially more possible to solve them. If you solve a problem without being aware of it, it was just a fortunate accident. Not through any purposeful directed efforts. Like shooting in random directions in the dark and happening to hit an armed robber who just happened to be trying to rob you the same night you went bananas with the shotgun. But if you are made aware of a problem, you can take purposeful action, so your efforts are not wasted but applied directly where it is needed.

Of course, problems with yourself are a little different than an armed robber. If I say "Look! You're being robbed!", you can see if it is true or not rather easily and decide what action to take.

But if someone tells you there is something wrong with You, with the way you reason... you won't believe it right away. No, surely that person is just jealous that they didn't have the right answer and I did. No, surely that person is just being a troll, and trying to mess with me. No, surely that person is just a stupid idiot who knows nothing.

Or, maybe...just maybe... it IS harder to climb a wall than it is to walk on flat land. Maybe...just maybe... it IS easier to notice people carrying a ladder across the desert or assembling one at the wall, than it is to find them scurrying through the shadows.

Maybe...just maybe... the sections of wall WILL slow them down or encourage them to attempt to go through a non-walled portion, and so we will either slow them down or drive them like cattle to the unwalled choke points where we can see them easier because there are fewer and fewer choke points the more wall sections we build, making their movements more predictable. Walking across those areas is (will be) no longer an option. We are taking that option away from them. We are making it harder for them, what part of that don't you get? Yes, the well equipped, and most determined ones will find other ways, and we will focus on those too. The physical concrete barrier is just one component, one step in securing our border.

So it's real easy to take one part of the border security plan, one components and say "that alone wont fix everything! It's just a Trump monument! " as if the wall alone is a part of Anybodys plan...

As if ANYBODY has been saying that...

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   
It's pretty stupid to think hundred billion dollar industries like human and drug trafficking will disappear because of a wall. It may see a decrease for a month if built but would be rendered useless after that.

By all means crack down on illegal immigration, drugs and major crime but don't waste the money on cheap political soundbites and ineffective measures.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
It's pretty stupid to think hundred billion dollar industries like human and drug trafficking will disappear because of a wall. It may see a decrease for a month if built but would be rendered useless after that.

By all means crack down on illegal immigration, drugs and major crime but don't waste the money on cheap political soundbites and ineffective measures.

There is nothing ineffective about a wall.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

a beg to differ, a wall without a ceiling is ineffective. and, a wall that isn't continuous is even more ineffective.

six possible terrorists were stopped at the southern border.

forty-one stopped at the canadian border.

officials have always been way more concerned with our nothern borders when it comes to terrorists.

edit on 8-1-2019 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

a beg to differ, a wall without a ceiling is ineffective. and, a wall that isn't continuous is even more ineffective.

What is more effective, a wall or no wall?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

what's more effective spending billions on a wall (that's not even continuous) or spending it on man power, technology, and reform?

are we in a crisis?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

what's more effective spending billions on a wall (that's not even continuous) or spending it on man power, technology, and reform?

are we in a crisis?

The federal government already spends billions and billions a year on border security. A wall is both more effective and cost effective.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

are we in a crisis?

We are doing both. Why would you want a continuous wall? Wildlife has to be able to move around Somewhere. The wall is going to work in tandem with manpower and it's (mankind's) technology. Immigration reform is definitely on the table and has been ever since he set foot in office I believe. The actual physical wall is just going to help us pick up the slack in some areas. Try telling Israel, Pakistan, etc. that "walls don't work".

I admit I don't know the history around this too well at all, and I know the context makes it's relevance today a little iffy, but from what I do know, I am *Pretty Sure* the Great Wall of China did its duty for several centuries...

Maybe one of you No Wall believers needs to make a thread compiling all the instances in which a wall did not work.Maybe that might convince some people?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

You and I agree that we should keep the criminals out, but make it easier for the hard working, but poor immigrants to be here legally. Other than the Dreamer Act, Obama pretty much failed on making the path to citizenship easier and faster.

Can you fill me in on what Trump is doing about this, to make him so much better than Obama? In what ways is he proposing to make it faster, cheaper and easier for the “good guys” to be here legally? What has he done so far?

Why does it need to be easier and faster?

It needs to be tough, and a privilege. You have to work at it to become a citizen. Because you want to become part of our country and our culture, not just to quickly get in and use the system.

This is what I don't get, I hear that a lot from people on your side of the issue. Why should it be easy? That's detrimental to security. We need to be choosy about not only how many people we let in, but yes, WHO we let in. not by race, or anything like that, but individuals need to be fully vetted.

I have a good friend from Brazil. He immigrated legally in 2005. He worked and worked and worked, and got his citizenship in 2012. He told me that he's thankful for that, because it let him adjust to American life, and at the same time learn about our history and culture. He's very proud of that. I have spoken with him many times about illegal immigration, because, ironically the place we both worked hired quite a few illegals to work in the back warehouse. He hated that they were there and he actually called and turned them in. The owner of the company was so angry, he fired him. He then sued the company and won. Great American success story right there!

Point being, the path to citizenship is hard. It should be hard. It's hard for a reason.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

trump want's a continuous wall. he said so less than a week ago, lol.

he said "they'd get through the gaps".

there's not even a plan, it's comical!

are we in a crisis?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: LordAhriman

No, he was talking about being tough on illegal immigration and how it hurts the country.

For some reason today that stance is immoral.

No it's not. A symbolic wall is though. Trump wants a wall for everlasting fame. A monument of him that could last centuries. Its effectiveness against illegal immigration would be so minuscule, that it's not worth it.

We all want border security. A wall is barely security. That said, I'm all for it if he can get Mexico to pay for it.

Are you aware of the Secure Fence Act?

en.wikipedia.org...

On October 26, 2006, U.S. President George W. Bush signed the Secure Fence Act of 2006 (Pub.L. 109–367) into law stating, "This bill will help protect the American people. This bill will make our borders more secure. It is an important step toward immigration reform."[1] The bill was introduced on September 13, 2006, by Congressman Peter T. King, Republican of New York. In the House of Representatives, the Fence Act passed 283–138 on September 14, 2006.[2] On September 29, 2006, the Fence Act passed in the Senate 80–19.

The fencing built under the 2006 act was not the first border fencing in the United States. The U.S. Border Patrol first began to erect physical barriers in its San Diego sector in 1990.[3] Fourteen miles of fencing were erected along the border of San Diego, California, and Tijuana, Mexico.

Just wondering, based on the vote and all.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   

No, he was talking about being tough on illegal immigration and how it hurts the country.

No it's not. A symbolic wall is though. Trump wants a wall for everlasting fame. A monument of him that could last centuries. Its effectiveness against illegal immigration would be so minuscule, that it's not worth it.

We all want border security. A wall is barely security. That said, I'm all for it if he can get Mexico to pay for it.

B.S. walls are ultimate in security from alot of things.

And if they are not why would anyone not want it ?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   

NO ...this system is what keeps us all down.

You so-called progressives really have no idea what really are the real causes of all problems.....not even a clue.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: network dude

"If you like your plan and doctor... keep em! I'll also lower your insurance premium by $1,250 a year!!"

And people have the nerve to say Trump lies? Give me a break. Obama's lies actually hurt American families.

That was intentional..every things these freaks do is to harm just about anything.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

How will the wall's effectiveness fail after about a month? Please share your predictions about that so you can improve that wall so it won't fail in one month.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   

No. This is 2019, not 1800. You will not be able to tunnel under it, it will have sensors, and we've been able to stop people from putting up ladders to hop walls for almost 100 years. What do you do once you get to the top? Put out your other magic ladder from your pocket? Pull the really huge ladder up?

GTFO. We have super computers in your pocket, don't tell me we can't build a wall that you can't just jump over.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join