It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama, what an idiot.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

We all want border security. A wall is barely security. That said, I'm all for it if he can get Mexico to pay for it.

So what does that border security look like. I have asked this question 10 times now and I get vague generic answers...
You all act like a wall is all we are talking about, and it is not though that seems to be the premise of your argument. We are talking about 700 miles that is the main area of crossing and a wall is nothing more than a foundation of a large security system. Even with drones the wall can easily be monitored where ever inch is seen about every 30 minutes, so if a crowed is building up near it we have that delay the wall provides to get eyes on target, if a group is working to get over it once again we can discover that rather quickly and the few that may get over we know exactly were they crossed and pick them up shortly too. With an open border we are talking about 700 miles that somewhere along that they cross unhindered they then walk into the desert in small groups that makes finding them very hit or miss with a drone that is now forced to not only look along the border but miles inland without knowing where people actually crossed. Good luck finding many....

edit on 8-1-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
It’s a shame that rwnj’s cant separate the differences between border security an an archiaic wall that will serve no purpose. Well besides satisfying the basket of deplorables who will quickly lurch to the next thing they are told to fear. Wash rinse and repeat. Deplorables are nothing if not predictable. a reply to: network dude

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: Gothmog

a reply to: Gothmog

Does not the "I I I ,uhhh , me me me , uhhh , I I I" just exude intelligence ?
I had not heard those type of speeches since the 3rd grade

The proof is in the pudding as they say.

Personally I think he was a great speaker, not because I liked the content or thought he was genuine, but because it was effective.

But I'm the kind of sick that can s### on someone while complimenting them. I've been in corporate for too long.

The proof is in the pudding

Yeah , and I served you a small serving.
There is a much larger bowl for you to finish.

I believe a good attempt at honesty is better at shedding light on misdeeds.

I also believe in contrast to recent presidents, Obama was more effective at selling himself to vast audiences (even though I've pointed out I think he was the quintessential sellout of our time).

You're welcome to take your approach, though it will just echo in the chambers rather than convincing anyone who disagrees with you.

I also believe in contrast to recent presidents, Obama was more effective at selling himself to vast audiences

Vast audiences of uninformed voters
And it would take a 3rd grader to appreciate Barry's speaking skills
Yet we go off topic
Obama was voted worst President of the Modern Age
There was a reason for that
The glorious title previously held by one Jimmy Carter
I rest my case

edit on 1/8/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

edit on 8-1-2019 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

When Barack Obama talks about illegal immigration, he is talking about people who have entered the US without applying for citizenship or asylum and do not have a visa.

When Trump talks about illegal immigration, he usually applies the term to people who have not entered the US.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

A man with your tongue, evidently prefers bridges to walls.

Very classy.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

When Barack Obama talks about illegal immigration, he is talking about people who have entered the US without applying for citizenship or asylum and do not have a visa.

When Trump talks about illegal immigration, he usually applies the term to people who have not entered the US.

Wtf are you talking about man?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Oh come on guys! Are you going to believe your lying eyes , or what he is now saying

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

President Trump has already offered the Democrats a bill for DACA citizens, it more than doubled the number eligible, provided a longer time frame for those affected to take advantage of the offer, in exchange he asked for funding of portions of a wall along the border and for strengthening our vetting of those individuals wishing to immigrate. Chuck Schumer initially agreed as did Pelosi but backed out later so they could instead file multiple lawsuits against the administration.

This is not about border security or a wall, which politicians as far back as President Carter discussed and openly supported. This is simply pure politics, Democrats will not give this President anything that resembles success. They are willing to do so at the expense and security of our country. They have all supported the same proposals in the past, but today TDS prevents memory function in many.

www.cnbc.com...

President Trump's DACA immigration offer massively expands the number of so-called Dreamers who will get amnesty and citizenship.

Congress needs to do their job, both sides stop the insane idea to do nothing, only so they can all save face. This President at least is trying to make them do their jobs instead of partisan nonsense.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

What a hot take! This is the first time I've seen anyone from Trumpland reference Obama's comments in 2005!

I mean, what was this tool thinking here? What a monster! First off, there was no issue with illegal immigration, that was "fake news", just as it it today.

This is border apprehensions by year:

Notice how in 2005, the border apprehensions were 4x greater than they are now? And look, in 2005, the illegal immigrant population was on the rise:

But then we hit net zero illegal immigration in 2007. It's amazing how this all happened without a $30 billion vanity project. But what's even more amazing is how border crossings are lower than they've been since what, the 90s? And yet, all of a sudden we're now faced with a "crisis."

That's because it's a manufactured crisis. It's all a show to impress you and the rest of the base. Yet it's Obama who is the idiot.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
But what about the poor children Obama?!

You're evil!

Isn't that the gist of it though? Obama was/wanted to be "tough on immigration" but he didn't build concentration camps and no children died under his watch. So...

"I know you are, but what am I?" Is that the OPs argument?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

What a hot take! This is the first time I've seen anyone from Trumpland reference Obama's comments in 2005!

I mean, what was this tool thinking here? What a monster! First off, there was no issue with illegal immigration, that was "fake news", just as it it today.

Notice how in 2005, the border apprehensions were 4x greater than they are now? And look, in 2005, the illegal immigrant population was on the rise:

But then we hit net zero illegal immigration in 2007. It's amazing how this all happened without a $30 billion vanity project. But what's even more amazing is how border crossings are lower than they've been since what, the 90s? And yet, all of a sudden we're now faced with a "crisis."

That's because it's a manufactured crisis. It's all a show to impress you and the rest of the base. Yet it's Obama who is the idiot.

Nice, well said sir!

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

"If you like your plan and doctor... keep em! I'll also lower your insurance premium by $1,250 a year!!"

And people have the nerve to say Trump lies? Give me a break. Obama's lies actually hurt American families.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

It was an even worse crisis back then, as you showed. If only they had a wall. But no, the general ignorance and excuse making was a manufactured ignorance.

Mexicans made up half of all unauthorized immigrants in 2016, according to the Center’s estimate, compared with 57% in 2007. Their numbers (and share of the total) have been declining in recent years: There were 5.4 million Mexican unauthorized immigrants living in the U.S. in 2016, down from 6.9 million in 2007.

Meanwhile, the total from other nations, 5.2 million in 2016, remained about the same as in 2007, when it was 5.3 million. The number of unauthorized immigrants has grown since 2007 only from one birth region: Central America, from 1.5 million that year to nearly 1.9 million in 2016. This growth was fueled mainly by immigrants from the Northern Triangle nations of El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras.

www.pewresearch.org...
edit on 8-1-2019 by Propagandalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

You're evil!

The Heroin coming in via Mexico takes many American lives, and exports lots of American dollars.

Why not use the $8 Billion seized annually for Building a Wall? Save some lives and no cost to the taxpayer.

Too Simple for Politicians to comprehend?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

You're evil!

The Heroin coming in via Mexico takes many American lives, and exports lots of American dollars.

Why not use the $8 Billion seized annually for Building a Wall?

Because that money goes to the CIA.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

You're evil!

Why not use the $8 Billion seized annually for Building a Wall?

Because that money goes to the CIA.

And to politicians who become extremely wealthy. They fight against proper border security.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

As I've said before, actually crack down on the companies that hire illegals and legalize marijuana at the federal level. If there's no longer the incentive of work then a lot of the people coming here illegally no longer have a reason to come. And while marijuana doesn't make up the bulk of the cartels' drug trade in the US it's still a significant chunk.

The benefit to this is that not only are you removing two major reasons that people have to cross the border illegally but the government will actually be taking in more money. There's obvious taxes that will come from legalized marijuana. But on top of that, if companies can't hire illegals that means they have to hire legal citizens/residents. Which means more money coming in through income taxes.

If after that people still think we need a wall at least we've pretty much offset the cost.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

If we spend a little money now to keep them out then we don't have to worry about (or spend money on) "apprehensions". How much would that save in 10 years? 20 years? 100?

ETA:

It's amazing how this all happened without a $30 billion vanity project.

It's not a "vanity project". It's called keeping a campaign promise.
edit on 1 8 2019 by underpass61 because: added

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Gee, I agree with almost all of what Obama said in the OP video, I do not know what people these days are having an issue with trump's wall for, Obama said tools, the wall is a tool to help stop illegals coming into the country. He even mentioned the pools of substandard wage earners being created by the illegals in some areas. What the hell happened to Democrats lately, they are becoming unhinged, they used to be normal.

Maybe the Democratic congressmen are visiting the states with legal weed a little too often, actually cannabis has a dumbing down quality to it along with the good medical benefits it has. It limits people's ability to reason, but they can still learn from books, they just can't evaluate or apply it broadly and correctly.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join