It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama, what an idiot.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Couldn't the same be said about the current administration? How many times have we seen Trump say one thing only to the do the opposite a day or so later?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
You and I agree that we should keep the criminals out, but make it easier for the hard working, but poor immigrants to be here legally. Other than the Dreamer Act, Obama pretty much failed on making the path to citizenship easier and faster.

Can you fill me in on what Trump is doing about this, to make him so much better than Obama? In what ways is he proposing to make it faster, cheaper and easier for the “good guys” to be here legally? What has he done so far?

In this instance, I'm not saying Trump is better than Obama at all. In fact, I am showing that Obama had a good thing here, and if you study history, you find that this idea had bi-partisan support, and large public support. Just as border security is high on the list of what the average American wants today. Trump is just riding Obama's coat tails on this, but it's working. At least with some. Point is, those who were for it then, but hate Trump, seem to be against it now, and the only thing that changed is Trump.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

But how do you even separate the bad apples?

I don't think a simple vetting process is going to work. Criminals usually don't look any different than you and I and mostly fly under the radar.

And some may not even be criminals *yet*.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: kaylaluv

But how do you even separate the bad apples?

I don't think a simple vetting process is going to work. Criminals usually don't look any different than you and I and mostly fly under the radar.

And some may not even be criminals *yet*.

If I guy has been caught here doing something bad, like drunk driving, or rape, is deported, then tries to come back, and we find him, letting him in again just seems counterproductive. Do you agree?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

And I agree with you. But Trump is still failing.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I think getting deported on any offense is a good step, but still won't solve anything in my opinion.

I honestly don't know, and would he lying if I said I knew the solution.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

He is an idiot? No, he could debate circles around trump. Of coarse trump would not shut up, long enough for a debate. His debate with Clinton, was a joke. He interrupted, her over and over.

Obama, said border security, is important. Whatever makes you feel better though. He was elected twice. I have serious doubts trump will make it, in 2020. There was talk on Fox, just yesterday, about someone challenging trump. Enough is enough. The Deficit, is out of control!

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

this isn't over yet, is it?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Couldn't the same be said about the current administration? How many times have we seen Trump say one thing only to the do the opposite a day or so later?

You'll see no shortage of me pointing that out in threads where that pertains, I'll give you a freebie, warhawk Bolton is backtracking on Syria. Dialing back wars is number one for me so I'm far from thrilled.

Back on topic though, your statement doesn't absolve Obama for his hypocrisy. Even if your whataboutism is valid.
edit on 8-1-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   

My point with this thread was to make the left who so strongly oppose Trump on this, see that they are being used by the MSM to go against themselves, for stupidity sake.

I see this happen in all spectrums of partisan politics, that said I see both sides trying to find a fluid platform, the left more so.

Obama was a wakeup call, but then the left doubled down with Hillary (decision from the top, not the base). Rather than identify and address the leadership, they blame others.

Damn shame.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

As long as he hasn't done anything about it, he's failing. I'll reverse my opinion if that changes.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
trump hasn't even used the money allotted last year for border security. lol

he doesn't seem like someone who actually cares. he just wants the wall started so he can wipe his hands of the whole problem.

instead of going on tv to lie, why doesn't he form a group of real experts and talk about real solutions? because he promised too much and he doesn't want to lose face - period.

how long will it be before he's back asking for another 5 billion...

edit on 8-1-2019 by knoxie because: nvm

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

As long as he hasn't done anything about it, he's failing. I'll reverse my opinion if that changes.

He is trying and hasn't given up yet.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
trump hasn't even used the money allotted last year for border security. lol

he doesn't seem like someone who actually cares. he just wants the wall started so he can wipe his hands of the whole problem.

instead of going on tv to lie, why doesn't he form a group of real experts and talk about real solutions? because he promised too much and he doesn't want to lose face - period.

how long will it be before he's back asking for another 5 billion...

he kind of did that when he spoke to the border patrol folks. Perhaps you were too busy hating to notice.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

trump talked to border control? that's it? hilarious.

why hasn't he used the money already allotted for security - seeing as there's a national emergency and all?

also, if there is an emergency would building a wall ( how long will it take? ) be a prudent first step?

i'd like to see enforcing of laws we already have and punishing those who hire them illegally - wouldn't that be great and more cost effective? has trump even talked about that?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   

This isn't a comparison...it's blatant whataboutism trying to deflect from trumps failure to lead.

This absolute nuerotic obsession with Obama on ATS by the right wing is perplexing.

Obamas gone....

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
From Bo Erickson, CBS News:

“Secretary of State Pompeo tells King Abdullah of Jordan he saw an early draft of the president's address to the nation tonight: "He'll make a lot of news," and then laughed.”

LOL

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

This isn't a comparison...it's blatant whataboutism trying to deflect from trumps failure to lead.

This absolute nuerotic obsession with Obama on ATS by the right wing is perplexing.

Obamas gone....

It was two years ago, so it's relevant to current events.

Welcome to the discussion of partisan politics in America.

God knows that the media has an obsession with Trump, whom they essentially got elected with their over coverage of him to exploit view counts which translates to $$$.

I wounder if the same corporations purposefully inject emotion evoking buzz words to keep the viewer base around and make more $$$.

There is no shortage of moral bankruptcy in this country, and there certainly isn't anyone championing the inverse.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

like having kids being locked up at the borders?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Obama built a wall along the Jordan/Iraq border to keep ISIS out. But as we are now told, walls don’t work, walls are monuments to the person that builds it, walls are racist. Etc.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join