It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom has stage 4 Breast Cancer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Hi ATS,

Havent posted any threads in a long time and from the title you guys can see what is happening.

She (age 55) got diagnosed about a month ago for Breast Cancer Stage 4 Grade 3 positive +++

They want to start her with chemotherapy, and then hormonal therapy but she still kinda has a choice of not going chemo and only go for hormonal. But everything is risky at this stage. The decision is HARD. What are your experiences wiht chemo, hormonal therapies? Any info, good or bad would be great. I know that this is a conspiracy forum and there is a huge "pharma conspiracy" around chemo etc. Ive read hundreds of articles, seen hundreds of videos on natural ways to cure cancer, and how goverment is trying to kill everyone but I just do know. Most "natural" success stories had some kind of intervention with doctors (for example surgeries) and then they promote it as their miracle cure and try to sell you their special herbs and books. (Btw Im all for natural things - my wife actually is great with herbs and teas and really makes great healthy food so we love nature). If anyone has any good ideas or experience on what what would help during chemo or hormonal treatment I would appreciate it.

Any info would be helpful. Last month has been very hard mentally for me and my 2 brothers. Not easy running a company (20 employees), building a house and then also this.

I probably need a place to ventilate so thats why Im posting.
I know we will all die, and I am a very robotic type of man that seems to have no feelings (at least not visible to the outside world
) but seeing as I cant help my mom live to be a grandma is not a good feeling at all. You realise a lot of stuff when this happens to you, really changes perspective.

Thanks for any tips.
Exponencial

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. My mom died of breast cancer at 74 and it was advanced stage 4, as well. The doctors discussed various treatment options and never really gave my mom a straight answer, when she asked how long she had. My sister was optimistic that mom would live another year, based on what the doctors were saying. I didn't share that sentiment and only wanted mom not to suffer. She was at the hospital for 5 days before being released. We set up a hospital bed at her apartment and a nurse visited her twice a day. Mom was able to get around with a walker and we got her "Life Alert" just in case she needed immediate assistance. I lived 2 miles away from her and visited her after my night shift everyday, to see how she was doing and to make her breakfast. I'd visit her 3 to 4 times a day and got very little sleep. One Saturday, two weeks after my mom was released from the hospital, I went to visit her at 7 AM, to make her breakfast. She had passed in her sleep. It was an awful experience, but I was happy that she didn't suffer long.

I hope and pray that your mom does well with treatment, but you need to be realistic with the outcome. Doctors have a hard time telling you the truth. God bless your mother and your family.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Hello exp .. sorry to hear about your mom being ill .. here’s some links to the drugs I used which where mebendazole and cimetidine tablets to cure my cancer

clinicaltrials.gov...

www.cancertreatmentsresearch.com...

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

This link is to the thread I wrote on here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I understand that you can’t trust anyone on the web but have a read and do some research and I hope your mom gets better no matter what treatment she has ..

I have my fingers crossed that your mom gets well pal

edit on 8-1-2019 by nofear39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: exponencial

Cancer sucks. I know it does firsthand. You have to be there for her and try everything possible to fight this. It's a long fight. You and your brothers need to make sure your Mom makes the right choices. You might end up reversing the roles and you becoming the parent.

Chemo isn't fun but the alternatives so far haven't been proven. Make sure your Mom is comfortable with her oncologist, we ended up switching our with my wife's Breast Cancer.

Hang in there and show your Mother that she raised good kids.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   

My heart goes out to you, I'm so very sorry as I heard similar news around seven years ago while my mom was 52. She is lucky in the regards her's (stage 4) is treatable with a low impact oral chemo. She doesn't have hair loss and side effects aren't as harsh.

That said, I'll take the same approach I always do when we discuss her options from time to time if she has to take a more aggressive approach at times or have surgery to remove an area that gets active again.

I think it's important to always support someone in this position no matter what. They are the one's that sit down with all the doctors and hear all the options. I personally feel like the worst thing you could ever do is disagree with their decision, or pull an "I told you so" in any way shape or form.

We're all different, and that's just my two cents. No matter what you choose to do, make sure it is with relentless love and support! I truly believe one of the biggest variables is how positive the patient is in these situations, that said I'm not a doctor, just a hunch.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   

My heart and prayers are with you. I know your pain. My mother passed from breast cancer a little more than a year ago. I can give you a few suggestions though, especially if she opts for chemo.

High Dose IV Vitamin C -- If I had it to do over again, I would absolutely insist that my mother had received high dose IV Vitamin C. Insurance will cover the expense with a doctor's recommendation. It can also be obtained at private establishments out of pocket. High doses can also be taken orally, but bioavailability is exponentially increased by IV. More information here: High-Dose Vitamin C (PDQ®)–Patient Version

Bone Broth -- Similar to a basic stock or broth. I used chicken, lots of garlic and onions and broccoli and potatoes. Slow simmered in the crockpot overnight. There are several recipes online; here is one recipe from Dr. Mercola.

CoQ10 -- Supplements of CoQ10 have been helpful for reducing pain and inflammation, and avoiding weight loss in cancer patients. It might also help reduce tumors based on limited studies, but this needs further research. More information here: CoQ10 and Its Role Against Cancer

Probiotics -- Probiotics play a powerful role in our immune system; and with chemo, probiotics replace the gut flora killed by the chemo. Probiotics also destroy the biofilm surrounding cancer cells, allowing the body's natural immune function to work better against the cancer. More info here, with cautions: What You Should Know About Probiotics If You’re Undergoing Cancer Treatment

Cannabis -- High CBD oil has anti-cancer properties. The CBDs actually stimulate the immune system. CBD is not psychoactive -- no "high". It is legal in all 50 states, and can be purchased online. If you're interested, you can learn more and find a quality source here: The 20 Best CBD Oils for 2019

If you want to go the THC (psychoactive) route also, some strains are better than others, depending on the terpenes and flavonoids. You can learn more about terpenes here: Introduction to Terpenes

Finally, the best meds in the whole wide world: Love, laughter and music. Stimulate the senses in the best ways and give Mom some warm fuzzies.

-----------------------------

I don't want to overwhelm you. I'll stop here. Feel free to PM me if you have questions or if I can help or if you just want to rant and rage and vent. I can't make it all better, but I can give you a cyber-shoulder to cry on.

One more thing: Make sure the doctor knows exactly what you are doing. I would always have my mom put her supps in a big ziploc bag to take to the doctor to show him.

Good luck and God bless.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I helped my father as he passed on through cancer. I have no good news, but I see not strength in lying about it. He passed on the Chemotherapy, No one forced it but it is an option in the earlier stages. The doctors where reluctant in the later stages to offer it. It works by killing all the cells that replenish rather quickly, which cancer is one of them. Without the strength to get through this trauma, the Chemo can very well kill you faster.

He did try some radiotherapy, it is bit of a shot gun approach where you need a sniper. It did as we where told it would do, help shrink the cancer in the short term and relieve some of the pain from the pressure of it. It does also burn the surrounding tissue causing further complications, gave him trouble with eating.

Death and taxes are a couple of things we can count on in this world. You can not fix it all. You can be a support to make things a little easier for your mom. She wiped your bum for a while, it sounds like its getting time to return the favor. Just take things a day at a time.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Very sorry to hear this.
Prayers are with you and your mom.

Something i recommend her trying is Chaga tea.
Find a local producer, don’t get from a health food store.
It has to be harvested at the right time for the benefits, but Chaga is known for assisting in clearing out cancer cells.
A man at my work was given 6 months to live, he was started on a Chaga regiment and is now in remission 4 years later.
Given 6 months to live initially, going the Chaga route and is basically cured 4 years later.
There are many, many other stories similar to this on the net.
Look into it and get mom on it ASAP.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
My condolences to you and your family. Cancer truly does suck.

My father was diagnosed with Stage 4 Lunch Cancer at 56, I was 24. He qualified for a new drug trial. It was a form of chemotherapy. I will have to ask my mom for the exact drug it was testing. Some people got the drug, some got a placebo. We are convinced he was getting the actual drug. One treatment wiped him out. Keep in mind this was a 6'4", 250 pounds, blue collar, south side of Chicago, Irish, Catholic, drunk. He could take a lickin and keep on tickin.

He started the treatment immediately. After just the first treatment, the doctors gave him a prognosis of 2-3 weeks. His goal was to make it one year to be able to walk me down the aisle. With no hope of that, he immediately choice to stop treatment. He said he wanted to be as 'healthy' as possible for his last few weeks. He made it 5 weeks from diagnosis to death. Only two of those days he was bed ridden. The day of his chemo session and the day he passed (3 weeks apart from one another.)

I am not saying chemo is a negative option. In our case, it just was not going to help. I just wanted to share our experience. IMO, be supportive. Make sure your mom's know her options and make sure she is making the right one for her. It is ultimately her body and her decision what is best on how to fight this beast.

Best of luck to you and your family.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I've had this hit my family as well. My advice would be to seek out good breast cancer survivor group message boards. I can't emphasize this enough. That is where we got some of the best information to help us in our battle that even some of our doctors missed. Be wary of quackery and don't be afraid to speak up if you think the doctors aren't listening to you or are missing something. You wouldn't believe how many times we brought something up that we got from the support boards and the doctors would be like, "hmm, yeah. You know what that is a better idea."

And if a certain doctor isn't listening to your needs then don't be afraid to replace them with another. We went through several different oncologists before we found one we were comfortable with. It is a collaborative effort. Most doctors are doing their very best, but at the end of the day to them it is a job. To you, it is your life.

Be proactive, be relentless.

Wish you nothing but the best to you and yours for the road ahead.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I'm so sorry to hear about the news...I think you need to be strong and work on comforting and being supportive. I know another member mentioned "Cimetridine" as a tool for treatment..it can be purchased on Amazon for 16 bucks and if you type of Cimetridine cancer you may come across a study that offered some hope for cancer patients..it's essentially an older allergy pill that is still in circulation. Some doctors prescribe it with Chemo to battle acid reflux so it's not necessarily foreign to treatment.

I can't imagine what your mom is going through so dealing with her position will be the trickiest. It would be foolish to say that she does not have a chance because there are remarkable cancer survivors stories out there...we usually only gravitate on the worst...best of luck and we are all here for you should you wish to discuss her progress...

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Sorry to hear your mom has cancer. My mom also went through stage 4 breast cancer. She did the Chemo therapy during the week for 12 weeks. She lost all her hair and felt weak. After a few weeks the doctors noticed that her lumps were shrinking and were going away. She did some testing and found out that she this cancer was from genetics. Once the chemo was over, she decided to remove both breasts so that she wouldn't have to go through the experience again. She was 59 when she completed her chemo. She did radiation right after. She started in the summer and she just finished. She is cancer free.

My suggesting is to go with what the doctor is saying. You're taking a huge risk by not doing so. The most important thing is to keep her spirits up. Being negative will only make the experience much harder on her. Cheer her up and she will pull through this. Breast cancer is definitely one of the easier cancers to battle through. My uncle in law has cancer in his liver I believe which spread to his bones and lymph nodes I believe. He has to have a port in his head. He beat it once, the doctor told him to keep the port in there just in case, he refused as it is a pain to have. The cancer came back. He's going through a second round of chemo. They've given him CBD, vitamin C, everything. You name it, they've done it. It didn't work for him.

Best of luck.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

My mum took Chemo - WITH radio therapy and she lived longer than they said she would but that is down to as one nurse said my mother having a very strong heart while the Chemo made her teeth fall out and her hair and made her more sick than the cancer ever had, also with Chemo after treatment even if the original tumor shrink's there is a very strong chance that the Chemo will actually cause new tumors and if it fail's to kill the original one it then comes' back more aggressive than before.

I honestly think if my mom had chosen other treatment's we would still have her today but non of us knew the fact's.

But look there are many types of Chemo and many types of Cancer so it work's for some people, my mum was in her late 70's when she was diagnosed and I lost her just after her 85th birthday but we come from a family of very long lived woman and had it not been for this cancer she was still fully active in her day to day life, loved gardening and driving her car etc.

You will read many thing's for and against it.
Here is one against it.
www.march-against-monsanto.com...

Chemo kill's more than it saves, when you take chemo it effectively kill's ALL new cell's in your body, lowers your immunity and the idea is that it also kill's the cancer but of course if it fail's as is mostly does then the patient is ensured to suffer a more aggressive spread of cancer through there body and this is very serious.

Personally I think Chemo should be banned but for the corporations it is an extremely lucrative product, each treatment over here at UK prices is about four and half thousand pound's and it support's thousands of jobs along the way to the patient.

Your mom would seriously be better off considering surgery and hormone treatment along with radiotherapy.

After Chemo if the cancer has not been destroyed completely it almost definitely always comes back more aggressive.

But look I am not a doctor, I lost my mother and Chemo made the last years of her life suffering but in some cases it work's, it all really depend's on how strong your mum is and how good her doctors are.

God keep you and your mum safe.
edit on 8-1-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Very sorry to hear this.
Prayers are with you and your mom.

Something i recommend her trying is Chaga tea.
Find a local producer, don’t get from a health food store.
It has to be harvested at the right time for the benefits, but Chaga is known for assisting in clearing out cancer cells.
A man at my work was given 6 months to live, he was started on a Chaga regiment and is now in remission 4 years later.
Given 6 months to live initially, going the Chaga route and is basically cured 4 years later.
There are many, many other stories similar to this on the net.
Look into it and get mom on it ASAP.

I read a lot of research in Europe about Chaga, and it is effective in some cancers and has very few side effects. I am not sure if that works on breast cancer though, I suppose it depends on what type of breast cancer it is. Rutabaga chemistry works on some breast cancer and the Parsley family chemicals also work on most breast cancers. Vitamin C as an adjuvant seems to help with cancer too.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   

top topics

join