It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop shoots chihuahua in face for barking at him

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

That "cop" should be fired and have all his guns taken away. Abuse of power.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

I guess I'm bias because Ive dealt with some big mean angry dogs and I see no threat from a Jack Russell, and especially not from a really really little dog like in the OP.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Knapperdude

They are called "chugs" believe it or not.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I guess I'm bias because Ive dealt with some big mean angry dogs and I see no threat from a Jack Russell, and especially not from a really really little dog like in the OP.

To be clear, I didn't see a threat from the Jack until it was in my yard biting my foot. I didn't really plan to send it flying; it was more of a spontaneous response. Thinking back, if I could have planned I would have gone for more elevation in my neighborly dog training session. It would likely have gotten me executed on this board but I am not tough at all so I would have been an easy kill for dogdom.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Dogs being pack animals will mostly back off if presented with an alpha, trick is to pretend you're top dog and believe it.
edit on 9-1-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

originally posted by: gunshooter

originally posted by: pteridine

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

originally posted by: projectvxn
Wow this asshole needs prison.

If that had been one of my dogs, that asshole would pray for something as humane as prison.

I would do everything in my power to show him how few body parts a human being needs to be considered legally alive.

That's some tough keyboard commando talk. Despite popular belief, not all dogs are good dogs and not all owners are failures if they have bad ones. The "he won't bite" whine of the little old lady really means "he won't bite me, usually."
The cop didn't really need to shoot the dog but the owner didn't have the animal under control. There is probably more to the back story that we don't see on the Russia Today website. They tend to filter out good and only post the bad as part of their propaganda mission.
My neighbor has a "rescue" dog from Puerto Rico that was actually one of the feral mutts that PR suckered the US into taking after the big hurricane. It is a nasty little Jack Russell terrier that I had to punt back over the fence after it went after me in my own yard. The owner said that it is overly aggressive and does tend to nip just about everybody and he may have to put it down. I offered to pay the vet.

you really don't sound like much of an animal person at all. hope you really didn't kick that Jack Russell for real back over the fence "so to speak", that would be a real crappy thing to do. JR's are so small.

He had clamped down on my foot at the time, so it was more of a fling than a punt. He went end over end and gave a little yelp when he landed -- it was only a 4 foot high fence. He survived and still goes after everybody he sees that isn't his owner. They usually have him leashed but sometimes he gets away and that is when he causes trouble.

like I said, you don't sound like much of an animal person...

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Currently between dogs. I think Rotts are the most awesome dogs. Sorry I only fit one of your descriptions so you are not even close. And no I am not going to tell you which one but I do pick up after my dog so scratch that one off of your list.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

For what?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: LeoLeoMidWest

Dang...you blew my stereotyping.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 06:13 AM
link   

i Have two and they are great wee dogs!

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: LeoLeoMidWest

my friend had a rottie and she was given an award from the city of Glasgow for her work in the community as a care dog, she would be taken to homes for the elderly and those who suffer depression and she would stay overnight with the people
and give them comfort

she was called shadow and probably the nicest rottie ive ever met !

she was massive and you'd probably be scared of her size etc , but the most loving dog !

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   

It actually made me nauseous when I saw that video yesterday. I didn't post because after reading this thread, I started to feel that way again so I just closed the page.

I worked door to door in the past and I've had my share of dog encounters but that was seriously horrific. As for the comments, I won't name names but my opinions of some of these people are changed forever.

Then this morning I see this: Twitter. Not only that but when you search Google for "man stabs dog" there are so many of these type videos out there, you really have to wonder, "What the hell is wrong with these people?" Torturing small animals is like something a psychopath does.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   
In the comments on Fox's website for this story there were people saying the owner was a liberal because only liberals would own a chihuahua, that chihuahuas should be used for target practice, etc

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Exactly as not all people are genuine in compassion to what they do as a profession. This jerk cop/canine handler is a prime example.

He was fired(more here if anyone missed it) and should be mandated to not work with animals anymore.

Sheriff Tim Ryals said Saturday that it does not appear that the deputy violated any state law or agency policy, but he will refer the investigation to the prosecuting attorney's office for further review.

Source
Wonder if the PD will address a seminar to help prevent further similar incidences, not that it means much for most of them anyway.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

My good friend has one, very nice dog, lots of personality.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 02:55 AM
link   
steroids - the silent epidemic among police

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 04:26 AM
link   
My mom had a chihuahua. The little sucker bit me a few times but only because I was annoying him and he didn't feel good. He was very smart obedient and loyal. I could be sitting on the floor watching tv and eating sandwich. I could get up and walk into the kitchen leaving my food on the floor and he wouldn't touch it. The sandwich was on a paper plate for those that can't put 2 and 2 together. My mom would let him out to roam the yard. She didn't have any fences and he never left the yard without out us. He was a member of our family for 15 years. If a cop came into my yard and shot my dog for barking at him I'd be sitting in prison because I would have gotten in my car and ran the cop over.
edit on 10-1-2019 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   
He will just find another job at another department. And the cycle continues.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   

that is just horrible. That is good news the dog survived but still. That guy is caazy

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Indeed each and everyone I've met is as much a dog with personality as any other.

One of my pups is part chihuahua, incidentally she is the most worrisome. An apparent trait that the breed has, but you may have it too if you were sooooo dang smoll! Oddly I've seen Chihuahuas, who have big builds that might cause someone to worry for their ankles. Anyway, yeah the breed, while one of the most beloved despite dislike factor by some people, gets a lot of undeserved reactions.
#smollpupperslivesmatter
edit on 10-1-2019 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join