It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop shoots chihuahua in face for barking at him

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Good point. Didn't some teacher get in trouble lately for feeding one to her snapping turtle?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

state sanctioned murder

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Please accept this cool beverage as a thank you for recognising what my post truly was.

You are correct though it was a mental thing to do. I would have just kicked it.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

You might not believe it, but I actually save drowning flies and feel really bad for stepping on a living creature if I do. I catch irritating flies and release them outside (yep, I'm that fast) And guess what, I have a plastic xmass tree in my shed (remnants of my ex nagging unit) that I never ever use, cause I don't believe in being a hypocrite for two days a year. I do love swatting people though, and enjoy seeing the odd person meet his maker now & then.

How can you kill something that awesome?
twophased.nl...
edit on 8-1-2019 by 2Faced because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
As a dog owner to two rescues, this story really p!ssed me off. My brother-in-law is a cop. He's a lieutenant now and worked patrol and then SWAT, before climbing the ranks. We often talk about cops around the country committing questionable acts. He admitted there are some dishonest and unprincipled cops on the streets, but also made me aware that many cops are on the verge of a mental breakdown due to job-related stressors. Many are embarrassed to seek counseling. I'm not excusing this cop's actions, because it was totally uncalled for and he deserved to be fired. Scary to think there are many other cops on patrol who are ready to "snap" at any second.

“By the very nature of what we do as police officers, we are unavoidably exposed to a host of toxic elements that can be likened to grains of emotional sand that ever so gradually are placed on our psychological backs. As time goes on, the sand increases in volume. Without the proper tools to remove it, the weight can become unbearable. In fact, in some cases, the sand becomes so heavy that it can collapse officers. The result of the sand’s weight takes a heavy toll on us; substance abuse, anxiety, depression, failed marriages, and other emotional and physical ailments that rise well above societal averages plague our profession.”

ct.counseling.org...

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: 2Faced

You are right, I dont believe it. Nobody has plastic trees anymore.

We bought a live Christmas tree and planted it today for our grandbabies to have something to remember us by. I had to kick two chiwawas trying to pee up it.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: trollz

I've wanted to shoot every chihuahua in the face.
At least every one I've ever met.

I am willing to bet that after meeting my little one, Pearl, that you would end up having to change that statement.

I used to hate chihuahua's, mostly because every single one I met had bad owners. Yes, I blame their bad behaviors on their owners. I never met one I liked, they all needed to be punted across the room. That is until I met Pearl.

We were looking for a friend for our other dog and a lady I worked with knew another person who needed to find a good home for Pearl. I didn't want a chihuahua, like I said I hated them, but I at least went to meet the pup and get a feel for her personality. I immediately fell in love.

Pearl is the most well-behaved, playful chihuahua you'll ever meet. She doesn't yap at everyone, she doesn't shake all of the time, she's mostly well-mannered even though she does love people and tries to puff up her chest at big dogs, hell, she's even been attacked by a pit bull(thankfully with a muzzle, but the dog did repeatedly jump on her) and shows no fear around big dogs.

She's made chihuahua haters become chihuahua lovers. XD

Now I'm not saying you'd be a chihuahua lover, but I am willing to bet that you wouldn't want to shoot her in the face.......well, unless you're the type that refuses to ever admit you've been wrong.

edit on 8-1-2019 by Necrobile because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Is that what you call your nuts?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: 2Faced

That was weak. I mean chiwawa in a tug of war with a train weak.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   

yeah, again, you might be right, this conversation is starting to get boring and nonsensical.
Have fun, with your "chiwawa's" under a trainwreck?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

My brother-in-law isn't a pig and your taste in music SUCKS

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   
personally i don't think police should ever be allowed to indiscriminately kill a person's pet. as far as i'm concerned they should be charged with murder for doing so.

unfortunately i would not hold my breath that this cop will stay off the job, or in the end even be disciplined for killing the dog. this is thanks to a federal judge in Michigan, it is perfectly legal for a police officer to shoot any dog if it moves or barks. so there is precedent for officers to kill any dog, if it moves or barks at them. which in all honesty would be every dog who's territory has been invaded, as it seeks to protect it's pack (human companions and other animals) and territory. in fact this is the very reason many people have dogs in the first place to help protect and guard against intruders.

A federal court in Grand Rapids, Michigan ruled in favor of police who shoot barking or moving dogs while an officer enters a home. The ruling is the final decision in a lawsuit from Grand Rapids residents Mark and Cheryl Brown, whose pit bull terriers were fatally shot when police issued a search warrant to their home in 2013.
An officer successfully argued that he shot the first dog after it moved a few inches and lunged in his direction, and when the dog ran away to the basement, he followed the pet and killed it. Another officer killed the couple’s second dog when it also ran to the basement and barked at them.
“The standard we set out today is that a police officer’s use of deadly force against a dog while executing a search warrant to search a home for illegal drug activity is reasonable under the Fourth Amendment when the dog poses an imminent threat to the officer’s safety,” Judge Eric Clay wrote in his decision, saying the couple failed to provide solid evidence that the dogs did not lunge or bark at the officers.
www.independent.co.uk...

i remember all the dog lovers freaking out about this ruling, since as i said it's pretty much an impossibility that a dog will stay perfectly still and not bark at intruders. especially when those intruders are assulting the people in the house and the way they tend to storm in. so in effect police have been given the mandate that they can shoot any and every dog, without penalty thanks to this judge, until such a time as this judgement is overturned. and i suspect that if this cop got fired, thanks to this judgement he likely has an iron clad wrongful dismissal case and may in the end not only get his job back with those that fired him facing discipline. but will likely also be able to sue and win a fair ammount of money from his fireing as well as the negitive publicity over the incident.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Wow this asshole needs prison.

Unlawful discharge of a firearm within city limits, felony animal cruelty, malicious destruction of private property, and I'm sure a few ordinances and state laws I'm not aware of.

I wonder when they will take shooting people seriously.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: generik

I have to agree, its considered murder if you kill a police dog , so why not the same in reverse, I consider my dogs a part of my family unit !

I would defend them with my life , one day I was in the park and a small boy was playing with his brother and his mother and he turned round and shouted at my dog , and threw a bottle of water at her and it nearly hit her in the face, I just gave the mother the look "if you dont do it I will "
and she gave that wee laddie a total bollocking , in front of me and my fiance'

his face was pure afronted !

Another time I was in the cathkin park in Glasgow behind my home and there were some jakies in the park drinking around 1pm in the afternoon , the biggest ugliest of them said what would you do if I took yer dogs aff ye

I said your welcome to try but i'd kick your #in heid in
and he backed down.

Just because they are animals doesnt relegate them from being conscious beings capable of empathy and compassion.
Dogs exhibit the same chemicals in the brain as humans when we are in love !

Also I truly believe that if it were not for our chance meeting with dogs and the subsequent domestication of them we wouldnt be here today!
edit on 8-1-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I, well.. Seriously lost track of everything reading this thread.

At one point, I had to scroll right up to the top to remember the topic.

When a thread becomes a saga, we know we've grown older on the last page.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

not to worry, that cop will be back on the beat...ready to terrorize another jurisdiction.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

The favour should be returned.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Prefer dogs to most people to be honest.

Dogs are honest animals, people not so much.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
a reply to: dug88

My brother-in-law isn't a pig and your taste in music SUCKS

Actually I picked that song because the lyrics describe the conditions cops face and tells the story from their point of view and why they act the way they do. It goes through the horror they face and gets into their alcohol problems and failed marriages and tries to give an explanation for power tripping police. Your post reminded me of it.
genius.com...
edit on 8/1/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Aye Dogs are a good judge of character
Im always skeptical of people my dogs dont like given the fact they have spent thousands of years observing human behaviour in order to better align themselves in a symbiotic relationship

edit on 8-1-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join