It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop shoots chihuahua in face for barking at him

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 04:34 AM
link   

An Arkansas K-9 handler has been fired after he was caught on video shooting a yapping, playful Chihuahua in the head as the dog’s owner looked on in disbelief.

Reeses survived and is in stable condition, though his jaw was shattered by the gunshot.

Source
This is on multiple sources. An Arkansas cop showed up to a man's house to speak with him, and then proceeded to shoot the man's chihuahua in the face for barking at him in the yard. There is a video at the link, as the incident was captured on camera. The cop has apparently been fired.

This is what a psychopath cop with no impulse control looks like. "How DARE this chihuahua bark at me! I'm gonna put a bullet through its face, that'll teach it who's boss!"
Even if the chihuahua was trying to kill him, the most danger he'd be in would be a slightly torn pant leg. All he'd have to do is give it a kick. He could literally send the thing flying through the air.
At least they fired him before he blasted away some innocent person for sending him into a rage by looking at him the wrong way.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Poor pupper, glad he survived, no thanks to captn jackass.

He should shoot himself in the face.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 04:54 AM
link   
The big hard American Hollywood cop has no balls... full stop...

Time to stop taking on part time cops and have properly trained police for this sort of situation.

This would not have happened in another country... (apart from maybe a few exceptions!)

Only in America is the brainwashed version of "shoot to kill" no matter what the size of the game or target is and depending on where you live of course!?...

Glad that my nasty little bugger of a hamster is in the UE has not bitten me yet and I am not American.. I will just knack him with C02 humanely.

Lags
edit on 8-1-2019 by Lagomorphe because: Crap

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 05:02 AM
link   
As a dog owner to two rescues, this story really p!ssed me off. My brother-in-law is a cop. He's a lieutenant now and worked patrol and then SWAT, before climbing the ranks. We often talk about cops around the country committing questionable acts. He admitted there are some dishonest and unprincipled cops on the streets, but also made me aware that many cops are on the verge of a mental breakdown due to job-related stressors. Many are embarrassed to seek counseling. I'm not excusing this cop's actions, because it was totally uncalled for and he deserved to be fired. Scary to think there are many other cops on patrol who are ready to "snap" at any second.

“By the very nature of what we do as police officers, we are unavoidably exposed to a host of toxic elements that can be likened to grains of emotional sand that ever so gradually are placed on our psychological backs. As time goes on, the sand increases in volume. Without the proper tools to remove it, the weight can become unbearable. In fact, in some cases, the sand becomes so heavy that it can collapse officers. The result of the sand’s weight takes a heavy toll on us; substance abuse, anxiety, depression, failed marriages, and other emotional and physical ailments that rise well above societal averages plague our profession.”

ct.counseling.org...

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Wow, an amazing story of survival for the little dog. Good the cop got fired but I'm wondering what he shot the little puppy with!

Glad the doggie lived albeit with serious injuries.

Cop deserves to be sacked.

Kind regards,

Bally

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Can't even kill a chihuahua with a gun? How's he going to cope if he has to deal with an eight year old shoplifter?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   

anyone who hurts defenseless animals should be imprisoned for a very long time !

if they can hurt an animal without even thinking about it , then they can do it to a human without thinking too!

its evidence that they have no compassion for life and in my opinion should not be serving to protect the public in any way shape or form!

Fire the asshole never let him hold a position of power in the justice system again

edit on 8-1-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Simple based on the way he couldnt handle a yappy chihuahau he'd likely just kill the shoplifting child !

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Another US cop with tiny penis syndrome.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:43 AM
link   
If it was a Lab I'd see the outrage ...but a rat?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   
InB4 the police state sycophants start piling in claiming that cops are a discriminated innocent widdle minority with the worst problems in the world with their police state flags desecrating the star-spangled banner with their alt-right/neo-fascist propaganda and Orwellian double-speak...

EDIT:

originally posted by: lakenheath24
If it was a Lab I'd see the outrage ...but a rat?

Case in point.

edit on 8-1-2019 by IndyFront because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

So do you have no compassion for life? , oh its a dog that's yappy and like a small rodent so its not worth life right ?

I have to chihuahua pugs , and they are the best dogs I've ever had better than my collie , better than my whippets, and better than my alsatians , they are friendly , great guard dogs (yes they detect any noise and make enough noise that you are awake before someone even opens your garden gate,) and are just great fun to be around, they are also very brave, my two dogs have faced off an entire pack of foxes in my garden.

I have compassion for all life , but to you it seems to be size based

well my friend I can only hope that if a giant race of aliens comes here they have compassion for smaller life forms.
Id hate to see you squished like a bug , you know just because you are small and yappy!

edit on 8-1-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: IndyFront

with the worst problems in the world

But they are all nuts from dealing with the stuff most of us rarely or never see. We need to share in dealing with the horrors of life so we all share that stress.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   

He needs to be charged for this.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   

So some animals are fine to be tortured and killed?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

right , we all live on earth and are subject to the same pressures they have to deal with on the day today !

just because they signed up to put themselves on the line doesn't mean they should get special consideration when they too break the law !

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   

You just asked me to call you an asshole, and so I gladly comply "asshole". Please let it be recorded and placed on youtube when, hopefully, you get shot in your face, or better yet, someone you love.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: 2Faced

violence begets violence , do not wish for the suffering of others

just to call them on their bull# is enough

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Not to speak for anyone else, but I believe laken meant if a big dog attacks you, like lab-sized, shooting it in self defense might be acceptable but a tiny dog like a chihuahua is reckless. If so, I agree with him/her. Sure, even a tiny dog can do damage with tiny sharp teeth, but it's going to take some work to rip your throat out.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join