It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump administration says it will issue tax refunds despite shutdown

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Contrary to the Obama Administration's BS claims that refunds would be stopped when HIS shutdown(s) happened.

His shutdown was in October.... just stop already....

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

no that didnt happen....Clintons was in November.... Obamas was in October....
You guys lie.....

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

who ever fills out your return....that is who will do the work....
do you not do tax returns in your country?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Back pay does not keep the lights on today. Back pay doesn't fill the gas tank or bellies....

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
I wonder who will do the work for this? Isn't the IRS impaired by the Trump Shutdown as well?

Would you want unpaid clerks to grumpily decide over your tax returns?.. I would have doubts, both financially and morally/ethically.

My cousin works for the IRS. She will be returning to work without pay until the shutdown is over. At that point, she will get back pay for any hours worked, but she's still wondering how she's going to get through this if it lasts much longer.

Find a job in the private sector like a normal person?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

It pays really, really well and has excellent benefits. She would have to move and adjust nearly everything about her life in order to do that.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Back pay does not keep the lights on today. Back pay doesn't fill the gas tank or bellies....

Should get real jobs then, eh.

or maybe listen to the ones who they earn their paychecks from.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I have notice that sometimes the current administration get facts a bit mixed up. In many cases, facts don't corrispond to what the administration would like to believe.

For your thoughts:

Under previous shutdown plans — and interpretations of federal law — the I.R.S. was prohibited from dispensing tax refunds when Congress has not approved money to fund the Treasury Department, as is the case now.

Democrats on the House Ways and Means Committee said they began to see indications over the weekend that the White House was looking for a legal justification to reverse existing policy and allow refunds to be issued. But committee lawyers believe the law prohibits such a move, because refunds are paid out of the government’s general fund.

“We keep trying to call people at I.R.S. and Treasury,” said Daniel Rubin, a spokesman for the Ways and Means Committee, “and there’s no one there.”

A Treasury Department spokesman did not return a request for comment on Monday. An I.R.S. spokesman referred calls to Treasury.

Source

Looks like nobody is home...
edit on 8-1-2019 by FilthyUSMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

It pays really, really well and has excellent benefits. She would have to move and adjust nearly everything about her life in order to do that.

Then she can't whine. If it pays really well, then she should have a savings account correct? If she doesn't have money, she can only blame herself.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Then she can't whine. If it pays really well, then she should have a savings account correct? If she doesn't have money, she can only blame herself.

Or her circumstances. Her husband recently became disabled and can't work, but those checks aren't coming in yet. She's the sole provider for a family of 4, and their savings have gone to his medical bills.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join