It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump administration says it will issue tax refunds despite shutdown

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Well what do ya know, looks like IRS tax refunds can and will be going out even if the current shutdown continues !!

Contrary to the Obama Administration's BS claims that refunds would be stopped when HIS shutdown(s) happened.

We all knew the zer0Bama was and still is one jealous Mf-uffer 🤣

The jealous Democrat MSM and their jealous political cohorts have been spreading BS to scare people again.

It's 1984 pretty soon if they keep getting power back 😂

Trump administration says it will issue tax refunds despite shutdown

The Trump administration said Monday that it will issue tax refunds if partial government shutdown continues, despite the fact that previous administrations have ruled that the IRS cannot issue refunds during shutdowns.

“Tax refunds will go out, they will not be non-excepted activities,” acting Office of Management and Budget Director Russ Vought said during a press briefing with reporters Monday afternoon, using the technical term for government services that are discontinued during shutdowns. Vought briefed reporters alongside Vice President Mike Pence and Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen.

Vought said that his office would issue guidance for issuing refunds. That would remove a potential political headache for the administration, which spent much of its political capital in its first two years passing tax cuts that may lead to larger refunds. Pence, Vought, and other administration officials said that the guidance would be made as part of an effort to make the shutdown as painless as possible.

"Jealous Democrats and their any means necessary garbage"

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Look....Trump's team got people their refunds...it's a miracle, one that other presidents didn't bother trying to do.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I wonder who will do the work for this? Isn't the IRS impaired by the Trump Shutdown as well?

Would you want unpaid clerks to grumpily decide over your tax returns?.. I would have doubts, both financially and morally/ethically.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
I wonder who will do the work for this? Isn't the IRS impaired by the Trump Shutdown as well?

Would you want unpaid clerks to grumpily decide over your tax returns?.. I would have doubts, both financially and morally/ethically.

roflol weak and uninformed assumptions 😹

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 01:34 AM
link   

The Trumpster is all for “slave labor” if it benefits him.

As many of his previous contractors will attest.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I'm glad the IRS didn't stop taking taxes out of my check during the shutdown.

That would make me get a smaller refund next year.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I'm glad the IRS didn't stop taking taxes out of my check during the shutdown.

That would make me get a smaller refund next year.

The IRS doesn’t take taxes out of your paycheck, that is your employer’s responsibility, based on the information you provided on your W-4.

In fact, had you claimed “Exempt” status on that W-4, your employer would not have taken any deduction for income taxes at all from your paycheck (FICA and Medicare deductions would not have been affected, but those are not remitted to the IRS).

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Mindless hate is a sad way to go through life.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Aaaaand.. your answer sucked.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Did Obama's administration not give refunds during shutdown or didnt he? Or were they never overlapped?

It sounds like you bashing the Obama administration for something that never happened..?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Watch ...Now the MSM will claim Trump is using the IRS for political gain.....

IRS targeting controversy

edit on 8-1-2019 by Infoshill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:00 AM
link   

My cousin works for the IRS. She will be returning to work without pay until the shutdown is over. At that point, she will get back pay for any hours worked, but she's still wondering how she's going to get through this if it lasts much longer.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   

We all knew the zer0Bama was and still is one jealous Mf-uffer

I love starting my day with a great big laugh. Thanks foxy....

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

some people just believe whatever you tell them too.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   

oh really..... many government employees on furlough are calling in sick...
one after the other....
dont tell us they are happy to work without pay because they are not.
You are just as uninformed as trump is. and thats saying something...
edit on 182019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

trump thinks that government workers are democrats that live in and around DC and he doesnt care if they are out of work or suffering.... he doesnt know that many are in red states that voted for him...

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

every day.... thats how often I see how little you know about life...
Your employer takes your taxes out.... not the IRS... Jesus.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Obamas shutdown was in October of 2013. It never affected any tax refunds.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Then you are a fool. They do not decide your refund, get a clue how it works first please. YOU submit your forms, including your refund. I know what I am getting back every year before I even send the form to the IRS.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

When was the last time they did not get back pay after the shutdown?

<<   2 >>

join